Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Software, Firmware and Drivers > Summary of SonyEricsson Software for T610/T68i series

Previous  123 4 ... 192021  Next
Author Summary of SonyEricsson Software for T610/T68i series
Taimur
T68i
PM
Posted: 2002-06-13 06:20
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Got another cable. this one is as good as dead

I wonder what u all paid for your Data Cable... maybe i should ask some one from abroad to get me one...

-TT-
arnoldc
Sony Xperia V
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-06-13 06:24
taimur, your cable is NOT a data cable, it is a flash cable. you can convert it to a data cable. search esato for the instructions on how to do it.
joshuadroy
T68i
PM
Posted: 2002-06-13 19:54
hi all, i'm new to all this, but need to ask ALL of you if having my t68 which i only bought the other day, its second hand, works perfect and all, but has a R1B ( i think thats right) software, somewhere near me will do upgrade to t68i free is it worth it!!!!

I 've heards theres a lot of problems with the upgrade

also what is GPRS???

cheers
GOwin
T39 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-06-14 09:56
@joshuadroy welcome to ESATO

yes, your t68m has an "old" firmware. the firmware upgrade to make it an equivalent of an "i" is already out (in fact there are rumours that there's a newer update to the mms upgrade). i suggest you use the SEARCH to find out about the threads that discusses the upgrade, their locations, or the problems/risks that comes with it. do the same for your GPRS query.
bjkacper
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-06-17 13:16
I am going to upgrade my T68 to an "i" version. Any advice how to avoid a loss of data already stored in my phone. Thanks in advance.
boysaint
T68i mineral
PM
Posted: 2002-06-17 14:16
nice job ArnoldC ! also, i saw the sites of Gowin, nice work. now i know how you all look ). sorry i dont have much time following the events of the pinoy group all the time, but may i join you all when you will have the next EB at the Podium or anywhere else here in metro manila? i own a T39, R520, and a T68i, and am waiting eagerly for the P800 with memory stick.

is it okay for us to exchange cellphone numbers here at esato posts?
thanks, p're!
igorberger
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-06-18 16:57
Arnold you seem to be the Ericsson king here! Window Xp irda really sucks big. Can not send a *.gif to the t68 by irftp and when you bring the phone to use mi picture or extended pc you have to trick it to recognise the phone. What I do is bring it in have the monitors go back and forth then take it away and it can recognize it. Anyone has the patch for the win xp post it here. I do not want to call Microsoft and ball them out for their bug!!! How about instaling Irmon on xp. I think Irmon works on win 95 and 98 I instaled it on win me and it does not seem to work that is can not do configiration on it, but it locked my ericsson to the irftp and all works good no problem with phone recognition. I had phone recognitian problem on win me so had to reinstall phone monitar to get it to identify the phone but seldom on win me I hope the Irmon did that to help.
I got Irmon from R320 it installed sms manager and Irmon but I had to trick the Win me to accept the instalation from the help file trick. Need outlook to install the SMS manager. And in stall the regular ericsson suite for t68 first it sort of istalls the sms on top. Its nice can do SMS from outlook.
Installation is not for the weak hearts! Be ready to reinstall windows if do a bad job!!!
I think the problem is with Microsoft win me and xp on 98 seems to work no problem.
But probably Bill Gates wants all the mobile phone makers to buy Microsoft mobile software for their devices..........

Any patches for microsoft irftp post them here!!!
Let's not have Bill Gates tell us what to do and who to do it with!!!!
pramce
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2002-06-19 05:10
Hi, I have t68i and already installed the R4A package on my XP but it can't read my phone book and my SIM card. It's work well when using my t39m, is something wrong with the R4A or with my XP. To connect my notebook and my phone I use Infrared.
Thanks
igorberger
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-06-20 06:40
As to my earlier post of using r320 software for pc to sms and to synchronize Do Not Do It you get a conflict. Because in order for it to work I had to have r2a04package1 ericsson suite installed first and then it worked but after running it a few times it could not identify the phone and when I tried to run phone monitor again - new time I removed the phone and tried to identify the phone. I got double identification hence conflict. Now so I reinstalled my win me and installed r4apackage4 and when I tried using it with my IRDA the computer crashes when transfering data the ericsson suite uses too much computer resources hence I get a blue screen error that is for sms snd sychronizing.
The best package I found for t68m is r2a04package1 infrared works for modem for synch with xtended pc and all works on win me and xp. Now if you can not locate the phone try doing phone monitor identification new just remove your phone and identify it again you will find the phone monitor identification utility in the control panel.

How is r4apackage4 on win xp with infrared????
Any info on the problem email to me
igorberger@yahoo.com
arnoldc
Sony Xperia V
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-06-20 07:04
igorberger, you are not supposed to use the R320 software because its drivers (phone monitor) is different. this old software also has two versions, one for windows nt 4 and one for windows 2000 with Ir patch. since you have T68m, you already figured out the R2A is the best way to go.

I am using R4A package 4 on Windows XP Pro (Toshiba Tecra 8100) and T68m (upgraded to MMS) without any problem concerning IrDA.
coupedogg
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-06-21 20:05
igorberger = New Guy!

Windows XP makes this sooooooooo easy. You must be new, get a clue before you flame Microsoft.
Ewren
T68i
PM
Posted: 2002-06-23 14:48
these programs working only laptop ? ?
rharding
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2002-06-27 12:33
I just got my T68 upgraded to the T68i SW. Now I'm trying to get my contacts back in. I backed it up using an old version of the Ericsson SW and then unistalled it. Now the my phones upgraded I downloaded the R4A SW Pkg.1. For some reason it can't find my phone Is R4A the right software to use for an upgraded T68 phone?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Roy Harding
arnoldc
Sony Xperia V
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-06-28 07:00
ewren, these programs work on any desktops and laptops, etc.

roy, yes R4A should work.
Cr33pingD34th
S700
PM
Posted: 2002-07-02 12:51
Have you enablked and reserved the com ports in the erricson phone setting software?
############################################
Cant think of anything witty at the moment..

############################################
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 4 ... 192021  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic