Esato

Forum > General discussions > Non mobile discussion > Why is Mountain Dew drink banned in the UK

Author Why is Mountain Dew drink banned in the UK
fijbert
K550 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-08-05 20:40
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Salesman: crab juice or mountain dew??
Jowi: eeewwwwww.... I'll hv some crab juice
Nobody is perfect, I am nobody, therefore I am perfect
Indianbwoy
P800 no flip
PM
Posted: 2003-09-17 02:54
I just came from a trip to India where Mountain Dew has newly bin introduced. <br>Coke and prob all other Coca Cola companies products have been stopped from sale and also removed from the Indian Parliaments Canteen due to them using cheap 'cost efficient' funky chemicals, the ones used in shampoo I believe, in their beverages and that have been linked to many deaths in the country!

This message was posted from a P800

pachy
P990 no flip
PM
Posted: 2003-09-17 03:14
@Indianbwoy, I'm hearing tht big health issues are developing in poorer countries like Africa, because of the lack off decent drinking water, (what there is, has a high flouride content).
This allows powerfull companies like Coke ETC to flood the market with high sugar/chemical content fizzy drinks, & literally "make a killing" childrren will always choose sweet drinks over water & this is causing lots of health problems.
GoH
Z600
PM
Posted: 2003-09-18 14:39
yeaaaaaaaaaaaah......and my skool has this gigantic mountain dew vending machine. i quaff 'least 3 per week, and faaaaaarrrt like crazy thereafter.
__spc__
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2003-09-18 15:22
Quote:

On 2003-09-17 02:54:04, Indianbwoy wrote:
I just came from a trip to India where Mountain Dew has newly bin introduced.
Coke and prob all other Coca Cola companies products have been stopped from sale and also removed from the Indian Parliaments Canteen due to them using cheap 'cost efficient' funky chemicals, the ones used in shampoo I believe, in their beverages and that have been linked to many deaths in the country!

This message was posted from a P800

The issue I believe was with the quality of the water being used to manufacture the Coke etc.... The outcome is reported here....
This message was NOT posted from my P800 that I no longer have
prodjsxb
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2003-09-18 22:26
Mountain Dew is still widely available here in US/Canada but seeing that it has more caffiene than Coke there are still concerns over it... but have you ever seen "Jolt Cola" it has a horendous amount of caffiene but it is promoted as such because it does... what the hell?
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi