Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > SE want our help!!!

Author SE want our help!!!
nils7
P910
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-06-17 16:07
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
My wishlist for
New handsets:

For youngsters:
that is the size of the N1 (neonode) but with keypad like SL55/7650,
has 2 Mpixel camera and Video cam, GSM/GPRS/UMTS.
Long range BT, infrared, Java Games, Opera browser, Mediaplayer, T10 (predictive text input), MMS, Polyfonic ringtones 64tones, 65K+ screen.

Price: below 500 euro

For bussines:
smaller than the P800 (same features as above) but with touchscreen and a virtual keyboard that kan be projected on the screen or on a table (with laser)

Price: Below 700 euro

What about those... that looks nice.. isn't it?

[ This Message was edited by: nils7 on 2003-06-17 15:09 ]
üüf
P1
PM
Posted: 2003-06-17 16:08
Hy folks...just wanted to say that in my opinion the thing that makes people buy nokia or siemens instead of SE is that there are some little features like for example integrated handsfree, shock resistant phones and the possibility of changing the sound for incoming sms...these are only little thing but they sometimes make the difference...i myself own a T68 and are really happy with it but it is difficult to make people change their mind....
Lars
T610
PM
Posted: 2003-06-17 16:10
@üüf

oh yes! the most important of all, selectable of downloaded tones for incoming SMS!
Beavis: This thread sucks.
Butthead: Not as much as the one who wrote it.
Beavis & Butthead: He he he he.
b-chill
T39 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-06-17 16:20
I asked myself a question: don't you think that SE looks in other manufactures' phones? can't they see their software is too slow?
cause there are things which we all in here agree are not just good enough!!
Cheers
bossjohnc
P900
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-06-17 16:20
@DREWMARK: I *am* using L2 on my P800

It's not 100% reliable, but I can make/receive calls on it.

It involves having WildFire on L2 and calling cards.

Oh, and it's not much use if you don't have a L1 tarrif with free answerphone!
Dj Boyi
W810 black
PM
Posted: 2003-06-17 16:48
KEEP THE JOYSTICK!

This message was posted from a T68i

[ICE]
T68i mineral
PM
Posted: 2003-06-17 17:31
Change your name to Ericssony
Just joking...

But seriously, PLEASE DON'T MAKE MORE BRICK PHONES! PLEASE design phones with CURVES, like the most AMAZING T68i!!!

10q

[ This Message was edited by: [ICE] on 2003-06-17 16:32 ]
Jammydodger
T610
PM
Posted: 2003-06-17 18:10
@Boyi - I agree with you , SE should keep the joystick...
Lars
T610
PM
Posted: 2003-06-17 18:12
yeah keep the joystick
its easier to navigate,
Beavis: This thread sucks.
Butthead: Not as much as the one who wrote it.
Beavis & Butthead: He he he he.
vanquish
V600
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-06-17 18:25
@b-chill square, neat, sharp lines is the fashion now. notice most cars i.e ford have ditched the cheap black plastic curvy bumper look and gone for clean sharp lines. the t68 woz lush, but the t610 has style. its unique thinness is the same the whole way through, where as nokia thicknesses differ from top to bottom. i think the t610 is lusher than t68(i). sony are totally the most fashionable electronic goods. they research into design a lot, thats why there so expensive!

keep joystick, MAKE SURE SE ALLOW OTHER MANUFACTURES TO MAKE COVERS AND FASCIAS. the selection for the t300 is 7. i is wacky, the other just colours. i would love a matrix fascia, or evanescence, nickelback or oo7.

good goin b-chill. suggestions is all that se needs to KICK NOKIAS BUTT [addsig]
Novell
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2003-06-17 18:55
I've been a Nokia user for 8 years. Even now, when Nokia is lagging in terms of features, I still find myself reluctant to switch. Nokia may be behind in the bells and whistles, but Nokia is still strong in the BASIC OPERATION of the phone in terms of features and user friendly-ness. If SE can be better or at-par with Nokia on this then SE should have no problem grabbing the lion share of the mainstream mobile phone user. The T610 is almost there, but lacks a few features that I found indispensable. Here are my suggestions for SE:

1. Call and Contact Management
------------------------------
One-button access to Last Dialled Numbers from standby mode e.g., pressing UP arrow in standby brings the last dialled number (upto 20 numbers). Ability to send name and number(s) to other people (like Nokia's send Business Card) is useful. Transfer contact details to sim card one by one.

2. More and Better Access to Profiles
------------------------------------
Many types and user customisable (timed) profiles is extremely convenient for different situations like in meetings, noisy areas etc. Easy access to change profiles is also important.

3. Make the battery-saving mode more useful
-------------------------------------------
Rather than putting a monster digital clock as the (fixed) screensaver / battery-saving mode, it would be useful to put the Day, Date AND Time in the screensaver or battery-saving mode. If you want to take it one step further, put the next (upcoming) reminder in there as well. Make a nice layout with all the data ALWAYS visible, maybe in monochrome to save battery. Even better if user can customise the screensaver or the info in battery-saving mode. If SE did this, I don't have to look at my watch anymore.

4. The rest
-----------
- User customisable Up, Down, Left and Right Joystick.
- Faster menu speed.
- Longer battery life, minimum 3-5 days on regular/heavy use.
- More memory. With camera, minimum 4MB is needed especially if 1 pic uses 50k.
- High visibility screen in bright sunny day.
- User interchangable faceplates (for scratches, dents, dust as well as fashion).
- Better looking phones. Most SE phones are a big turn-off (except t68 & T610).

That's all I guess.

[ This Message was edited by: Novell on 2003-06-17 18:11 ]
simion_levi
P900
PM
Posted: 2003-06-17 19:05
RE: number 1 on your list - try pressing the top right softkey on a T610 and see what happens

LOL, strangely enough on both of mine it takes me straight to the recent calls list - one more press and the phone's redialling the number, just the same as a nokia.

I used to agree about the 'basics' and nokia when all SE had to show was the 'orrible T68(i) and then the equally plasticy T300 - but with my P800 & T610 i couldn't be happier (* not actually true, of course i could be happier! I'm satisfied with them then!), they really have got pretty much every basic sorted out, as far as i can see.
>>>Current: P900 (+BT200); T610; P800

Previous: 6610; A830 (3G); 7210 + HS-1C; 7650; 6310i + HDW-2; 8310; 6210; 3310; 5110; Analogue Moto.
cobbler
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2003-06-17 19:28
Hi

After numerous Nokias I still think that the good ol T68/T68i was the best phone I ever owned until I got my T610.
As far as features go the T68 was way ahead of the field on release, ok, it was a bit cumbersome but for all that it did it could not be beaten.
The T610 is just an advancement of the T68i which puts SE back at the top for features vs £s.

I am happy with my T610 and would probably never go back to Nokia again unless they make a killer phone.
Also, every Nokia phone I have owned has always had problems where it will crash or the screen will go funny or it will randomly turn itself off and their phones always seem to have crappy battery life as well.

Cobbler
GodzRekordz
P910
PM
Posted: 2003-06-17 19:41
1) Icreased signal power, nokia are still better with signal (tho I hate to say it)

2) more curvy non brick like designs (steal a nokia designer)

3) more rigorus testing before release

4) a tv remote control thingy (like they used to have in the watches) would be a cool bit of software

5) the ability to transfer pic direct to pc from a datacable

Godz

[ICE]
T68i mineral
PM
Posted: 2003-06-17 21:56
Quote:

On 2003-06-17 18:55:24, Novell wrote:
3. Make the battery-saving mode more useful
-------------------------------------------
Rather than putting a monster digital clock as the (fixed) screensaver / battery-saving mode, it would be useful to put the Day, Date AND Time in the screensaver or battery-saving mode. If you want to take it one step further, put the next (upcoming) reminder in there as well. Make a nice layout with all the data ALWAYS visible, maybe in monochrome to save battery. Even better if user can customise the screensaver or the info in battery-saving mode. If SE did this, I don't have to look at my watch anymore.

It would be even more efficient if in complete darkness the display will turn off totally (the phone will measurer the light condition by using a small light sensor ).

[ This Message was edited by: [ICE] on 2003-06-17 23:38 ]

[ This Message was edited by: [ICE] on 2003-06-17 23:39 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi