Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > T610 resetting while online

Author T610 resetting while online
freddos
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2003-05-28 10:18
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Hi,

I go online to the SE Internet Services webpage (Search, Picture gallery, online-manual and settings) moving the joystick upwards. I click More and select Bookmarks, select the Sony Ericsson bookmark and click choose.

I get a webpage with an image (broken green sheet of paper) and a page heading saying ES Message:

Server error. The System is temporarily down. Please try again later.

and then the phone it resets itself

WTF!?
robpow
T610
PM
Posted: 2003-05-28 11:58
I got this as well trying to upload a feeble score of 36 in minigolf (ok, stop sniggering at the back!). I got a server unavailable message and then the screen went black and I had to rip out the battery to get it to work again. Hmm....
ratGT
W800
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-05-30 02:35
Strangely enough, it occurred to me as well. While I was pulling a plug out of a wall I got electrocuted, and when I recovered from the chock, I picked up my T610 and to my surprise it was stuck. Hmmm... Very strange...
d' fuhrer
T300
PM
Posted: 2003-05-30 02:43
well i think you guys just threw your cash away in buying that buggy phone. i read in another forum that (howardforums.com) SE is recalling the t610 worldwide and not manufacturing more units until all the headaches are fixed.

[ This Message was edited by: d' fuhrer on 2003-05-30 01:51 ]
jalu
W550 red
PM
Posted: 2003-05-30 03:51
I don't know if its related at all, but my t300 does that.

It tends to be during gameplay - I've noticed it most often playing Black Deal. It's usually when we draw - I see the phone play the card that draws us and *foom* it's gone.

Odd, that. I wonder if its a generic fault in the software - assuming the same software is used.

Also, I wonder why d' fuhrer is making a global recall and problem fix a bad thing.

Surely it is better than ignoring the fault and releasing wave upon wave of faulty products like some companies do? Mentioning no names of course.

*cough* *cough* Nokia *cough* *cough*

Jalu - seeking cough medicine
mkt
P900 no flip
PM
Posted: 2003-05-30 03:57
It's not recalling, it invites all t610 users, who get a headache from the famous hissing sound to service center to fix the problem
d' fuhrer
T300
PM
Posted: 2003-05-30 09:18
hey i'm not making the recall a bad thing. you guys thought of that and i can't do anything about it. i'm just stating it on the article that's all. SE is like Nokia releasing buggy phones now. in the first place they should have tested it thoroughly before selling the phones. DuH! take care of your cough man. it might be SARS

[ This Message was edited by: d' fuhrer on 2003-05-30 08:23 ]
ratGT
W800
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-05-30 17:46
Ehmm... Buggy phone? Hmmm... As a owner of a T610, and not just a forum reader with some other phone in my hands, I can say that I'm pretty satisfied with my phone. And as for the hissing part of the phone, let me just say this one more time:

IT'S N O T A PROBLEM! IT ISN'T EVEN AS SERIOUS AS IT SOUNDS!!!

I'm very picky when it comes to phones, and the past 4-5 that I've owned, have had problems which made it impossible not to return them back to where I bought them. I'm talking about SERIOUS problems, like not having any reception at all at some points, some of the functions not working properly, the phone not turning back on after turning it off, etc. So, this has to be one of the few phones that I've owned in the past years, and nothing serious has occured. The only thing that is annoying, for my part, is the memory alocation problem (Files appearing larger than they are). But, as mentioned before, it is something that can be solved with the next software update!...

PS. Unforunately, new technology and lower prices, brings this new era of buggy mobile phones and lower quality - That goes to all the phone-makers!

PS.2 I LOVE MY T610
dw
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-05-30 17:51
Quote:

On 2003-05-30 17:46:07, ratGT wrote:
the phone not turning back on after turning it off, etc.

Sounds like a T65?
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi