Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > GPRS, WAP, MMS and Email setup > About Weblicon SyncML server

Author About Weblicon SyncML server
JuanK
T310
PM
Posted: 2002-03-27 22:29
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Sometimes it works to sync... but usually it doesn't!
I don't know why... and it's hard to me to believe that it should be "my" gprs network fault. I've a few other friends testing the sync using diferent network providers and they got the same result as I got. If I guess... I would said that only 1 of 5 times the sync goes trought.

One question, is there any way of deleting an user account I created on the server? I created an account just to test one thing but I don't needed any more... and since I don't want to leave "garbage" on the server I wonder how can I do to delete it....

//JuanK
jnichols
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-03-28 13:25
Hi all..

@arnoldc, I took a look at your logs and it looks like the url has nothing to do with the errors. In the sync that you tried on the 25th, after the initialization (which went fine) the server never received another message. And in the attempt yesterday four messages had been received by the server (with no sign of any error) before all communication stopped.

@arthur, I've taken a look at your last three attempts and your case looks somewhat different. They all fail at exactly the same point, and I think I found what the server is sending that is causing the phone to reject it. However, I haven't figured out why the server is sending this particular status command But I'll keep looking at it and see if I can figure anything out.

@david_brandt, In your first attempt the contacts database name was rejected by the server because it had a trailing space ('WlcContact ' instead of 'WlcContact'), but the rest of the sync completed successfully. Your second sync seemed to complete successfully for both databases. Your third attempt also completed successfully, and your fourth attempt seems to have died of a communication failure after the initialization. Are you saying that there are no contacts on the server?? All of your syncs are close together.. were you logging out of the html client between syncs?? This is necessary because the html client caches your user data so you will not see any changes made to the underlying database until you log out and then log back in.

@JuanK, as you can see, if you don't mind me looking at your stuff, you can give me your username and I can tell you exactly what is going on. Have you gotten a different SyncML server to work consistently? Don't worry about the user garbage, it's merely a demo machine and has tons of crap data on it anyway.

well.. I'm going to be away for the next week or so, so don't expect any friendly and helpful service for a while after today

Jeff
GOwin
T39 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-04-02 10:55
Jeff,

well, i hope i can still catch you before you go on your vacation

I just changed my sync setting URL to the shorter one but hasn't been able to sync. unfortunately, i forgot to take down the old (and long) URL.

could you check out your logs when you get back and see if it has anything to do with the URL or it's a problem with my SP?

GLOBE Ph users.
has anyone sync successfully with weblicon using the new URL in the last 4 days? (of this post)

gobrutz
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-04-02 13:38
Gowin:
I did sync successfully with the shorter URL many times this week but there are circumstantial factors involved and I am discussing them with Jeff thru emails.

Globe GPRS got some problems these past weeks.

[ This Message was edited by: gobrutz on 2002-04-02 13:39 ]

[ This Message was edited by: gobrutz on 2002-04-02 13:41 ]
david_brandt
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2002-04-04 11:49
I have finally managed to sync with my T39. I sync both Calendar and Contacts. And everything is fine, except one thing:

I create a new contact via the HTML client. I fill out Home, Mobile, Fax and Phone numbers. But i can't figure out how to enter a Work number.

The entries that came from my phone has two "Phone" Number entries in the HTML Client. One corresponds with the "Other" number in my phone, the other with the "Work" number.

But when i try to put two "Phone" numbers in my newly added entry all i get in the HTML is one "Other" entry. No work number..

When changing a contact that was previously syncronized from the phone (and therefore has two "phone" numbers instead of a "work" and a "other" number) the "work" number disappear overwrites the "other" number in my phone.

Anybody knows how to enter the work number?

TIA.

David

[ This Message was edited by: david_brandt on 2002-04-04 12:21 ]
RANDYC
T610
PM
Posted: 2002-04-07 02:04
@ jnichols

got a PM for you, please check it out....

thanks
GOwin
T39 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-04-09 07:24
am still having problems snyching. i dont know if it's related to my SP or with the server.

the phone will say that it gets connected pero it doesn't synch my contacts.

hmm.... help again here jeff.
jnichols
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-04-09 14:10
Hey everyone..

Well, I just got back from Boston and am happy to report the our server passed all conformance and interoperability tests with flying colors. It was a great experience, I learned a lot, made a few minor changes to the server, and had time to test successfully with about 8 different client devices. You can check out the report at www.syncml.org, and I'm sure we'll have our own report very soon. I want to make a few more minor changes before I release this next server, but it should be by the end of the week.

As I said, I just got back so it might take me a little while to get everything in order, but I'll start looking into everyone's questions as soon as I can.

Jeff
GOwin
T39 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-04-09 14:44
@Jeff
Congratulations!

And thanks for allowing us to "stress test" your product
GOwin
T39 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-04-14 13:21
This thread is quiet too.

haven't been able to sync with the server lately. any news?
QyeTyme
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2002-04-14 16:49
I have been able to complete sync's successfully, but it only seems to make any changes to contacts. The Calendar remains unchanged on the phone
GOwin
T39 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-04-15 01:41
@QyeTyme
Hi there. Noticed that you're new here.

Welcome to ESATO and enjoy your stay
arnoldc
Sony Xperia V
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-04-17 02:31
I can't sync with the server, using the short URL, just now.
QyeTyme
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2002-04-17 04:14
Thanks Gowin,

I've actually been lurking for a while, but I haven't posted because I found the answers to my questions in previous posts. I've got a T68 on ATT service here in the states. Also, I should report that today I did a sync and it synced my calendar as well as contacts. I've also traded some emails with Weblicon support and I can tell you that they are very consciencious about helping us, so I hope they kick Starfish's butt in the market

-eric
.V.
K700
PM
Posted: 2002-04-17 11:13
Can you help me?

Got a T68i, the sync strart and freeze on

Syncronizing
Sent entries

I got to manually stop the connection

Nothing is updated on the web site when I login. my login is flyman