Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > GPRS, WAP, MMS and Email setup > About Weblicon SyncML server

Visitors browsing this topic: 1
Add to Bookmarks
Author About Weblicon SyncML server
masu
T65 blue
PM
Posted: 2002-03-21 17:29
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I'm still getting the transfer interrupted when trying syncronization... is it working for anyone at the moment? (I just finished editing my contacts in the net and I would reeeally like to sync them with my phone...)
bjassal
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-03-21 19:11
Nope.

I'm still experiencing the same problem from this morning with 'Synchronisation Interrupted'
masu
T65 blue
PM
Posted: 2002-03-22 08:14
Still not working...
bjassal
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-03-22 11:56
managed to sync today..... Yippeee!
arthur
P1
PM
Posted: 2002-03-22 13:21
I don't know, what's happen, but I'm able to synchronize now! Yesterday (during my latest tests I got "Synchronization interrupted" messages). Today with same settings it works!

This is excelent service. Since I'm form Central Europe and we use some strange characters, I'm looking forward for support for this charactes.

BTW, another reason, why I like it, is because it's written in WebObjects!
masu
T65 blue
PM
Posted: 2002-03-22 14:29
Now it seems to be working again...
jnichols
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-03-23 21:08
Hi all,

Just wanted to let everyone know that the newest server is finally live!!

Done:
-Made a large number of changes to be truly 'conformant' to SyncML standards, and this should be the version that I take to SyncFest.
-Fixed a particularly nasty bug that was surely causing a number of syncs to screw up.
-Implemented better logging capabilities so I can more easily find out what really happens during everyone's sync sessions.
-Conjured up Apache RewriteRule voodoo magic and finally have a shortened URL.. http://www.weblicon.net/sync

Todo:
-More robust handling of special characters
-Make WAP and Java clients sync enabled

@bjassal, make sure the phone is set to synchronize the calendar. Just because there is a path for the calendar does not mean it is turned 'on'. If this doesn't work let me know and I'll look at your logs.

@EricSony, sms should currently work, if not please send an email to info@weblicon.net

@stefanb2, sorry, we currently don't support the location field. I don't really have any control over whether this is added but I will bring it up to the guys that do.

Thanks everyone,
Jeff
arnoldc
Sony Xperia V
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-03-24 05:43
jeff,

when i changed the server url to www.weblicon.com/sync, the phone gets syncrhonization interrupted.
arthur
P1
PM
Posted: 2002-03-24 08:29
Same for me - I'll go to previous long URL
GOwin
T39 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-03-25 01:14
a lot seems to be going on since the last time i posted.

GPRS is a bit crappy here, and I haven't been able to sync with weblicon for the last 4 days.

@jnichols
it's nice to see that you're really pressing for the fully compliance to the syncML standards. hope to see the website working fully one of these days.
jnichols
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-03-25 13:25
I'm not really sure what the problem could be.. I'm having no trouble with the shorter url. Is it working for anyone?? I did notice one thing though, you had mentioned weblicon.com in your post when I had originally posted weblicon.net. I decided to check this out to see if it could make a difference. Well, I was still able to synchronize fine, but I found that switching the domain caused the phone to think it was a new server and therefore force a slow sync (everything gets compared). It shouldn't effect the outcome at all but it is helpful to know when your phone starts sending all its data for apparently no reason.

another note.. I just tried www.weblicon.net/sync instead of http://www.weblicon.net/sync and it didn't work, so make sure you include the prefix http://

[ This Message was edited by: jnichols on 2002-03-25 13:34 ]
arnoldc
Sony Xperia V
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-03-25 14:18
jeff, sorry if i posted .com instead of .net but i actually have http://www.weblicon.net/sync in my server settings and it does not work.
arthur
P1
PM
Posted: 2002-03-26 11:34
jeff, actually I can't synchronize with short URL as well as long one.
I got "Synchronization interrupted" or "Synchronization failed" error messages. On Friday and Saturday it worked fine for me. My user name is nemecekp. Do you see, what's wrong?

Thanx a lot

Petr
david_brandt
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2002-03-26 20:22
i can't sync my contacts and my tasks. My calendar syncs without any problems and i get a Syncronization Complete message.

i set my calendar to WlcEvent and my contacts to WlcContact.

I can sync parts of my phonebook with TrueSync, so i take it that it is not a problem with my T39.

Anybody got any pointers?

David
gobrutz
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-03-27 04:26
Jeff & Arnold:

I have no problem syching with the shorter URL. My only problem is the network gprs connection - it's not working well for the past few days.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic