Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > GPRS, WAP, MMS and Email setup > About Weblicon SyncML server

Author About Weblicon SyncML server
gobrutz
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-03-18 03:41
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Gowin & Arnoldc:

Starting about 2 weeks ago, Globe gprs network had intermittent problems. You get failed sync, wrong mailbox, invalid password, sms sending failed, etc. I am sure Globe people will term these glitches as "network upgrading". Same way Smart people called "massive cloning" as "system error" years ago.
GPRS
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2002-03-18 07:46
got sync today!

arnoldc
Sony Xperia V
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-03-18 08:51
@peanut, synchronization is bi-directional.

@jnichols, when i synced my appointments, the time was terribly off. it's probably because there is no philippines in the country list, and my default was albania.
gobrutz
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-03-18 16:13
FYI, you can access Weblicon's wap site with the ffg. URL: www.weblicon.net or www.weblicon.com or www.weblicon.de. There you can browse entries that are not available in T68 for sync.

For convenience, you can bookmark the site after you have logged in with your user ID and password so that you won't have to enter them all the time. Conventional bookmarking will fail because the url is too long so you have to do it manually or wait for Jeff to come up with shorter URL. To do it manually, after logging in, go to wap menu and click "send as link" and then press "No". The url will be saved in your SMS "Unsent" option. You can then copy the URL up to the "password=........" and omit the rest that begins with "& dummy=....." If this is still too long, you might consider using shorter ID and password.
bjassal
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-03-18 19:59
Hi,

Could I ask some of you experts to visit the 'SyncML for dummies' thread ?
(http://db2.esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=3011&forum=14&0)

Much of the content of this forum has gone way beyond me, so I thought it would be useful to create a new thread for newcomers to SyncML.

Cheers.
fredrik
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-03-18 23:10
Jeff,
Great product, works like a dream with my T68. A way to customize the HTML-client would be welcomed.

Thanks,
Fredrik
GOwin
T39 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-03-19 00:00
Congratulations to GPRS.

I'm not sure if the problem is indeed with our SP ('coz you use the same as mine) or with the number of contacts that I have (200+)

GPRS
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2002-03-19 00:57
@GOwin, Thanks bro. I used arnoldc settings.. @arnoldc, Thanks!

This post was posted from a T39

GOwin
T39 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-03-19 01:26
@GPRS
you mean the Ericsson gateway?
GOwin
T39 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-03-19 01:44
Whee!!

I finally have synched my contacts. I didnt made any changes with my settings, I just thought i'd try it again.

It really most likely an SP problem.

@jnichols
Comments:
* I have 223 contacts on my phone but only 134 were synched. Im still checking which were left out
* The first synch took approximately 4 minutes (probably even less), suceeding syncs took several seconds.
* Can you pleae look at my transaction logs? I am wondering about the missing entries.
GOwin
T39 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-03-19 01:53
For Philippine users, set the timezone to Asia/Shanghai - it's the same as ours.
GPRS
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2002-03-19 02:00
Wow! congrats!

jnichols
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-03-19 13:51
Hey everyone,

Sorry I haven't responded in a while, but I've been _really_ busy. I've made a lot of changes to the server (I'll let you know when it's made public) in preparation for the upcoming syncfest (where I hope to earn official SyncML compliance).

@gomichaelkgo, if every sync is taking a 'long' time this means that the syncs are never really completing successfully and the server is forcing a 'slow sync' where all data is compared instead of just changed records.

I agree with everyone about the need of 'mass' deletions in our html client.. trust me.. I deal with this every day while I test my sync stuff. I'm doing my best to push that as well as a phone number column but I can't promise anything since I don't really have any part in the html client.

@lolongan, as I had mentioned before, it is a known issue that 'special' characters are not compatible between my server and the t68 (for explanation see one of my previous posts). However, this is one of my top priorities and I'll try to fix it as soon as possible.

@peanut, as arnoldc said, sync is supposed to be bi-directional. unfortunately, this is currently not the case with our java client or wap client. these are two other top priorities that I'll try to get cleared up soon. The html client is bi-directional, so if this is not working see what I said to gomichaelkgo.

@arnoldc, see GOwin's last post concerning time's. If the phone and the server aren't set to use the same time zone you'll definitely see some strange values (unless you live in Albania ).

@GOwin, congratulations! I know you've been trying for a while I took a look at the logs and I think I found where you had the first 'successful' sync. I didn't see anything wrong with it but I have the log level turned way down so I could have missed something. Did you happen to pay attention when the phone was counting off how many contacts it was sending?? Did it count all the way to 223?

Sorry about my novel length posts, but it's easier for me to handle all questions at one time. Thanks again to everyone that's giving us a try. You're really helping to improve the server, and I'll do my best to keep the improvements coming.

Jeff
GOwin
T39 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-03-19 16:39
@jnichols/jeff
Whew! what a post

Well, i wasnt really paying attention with the synch process, the only time i took a look at it was when the alert sounded different - and found out that the sync was "successful".

I went to the site to check on the entries but found it to be missing, suceeding syncs doesn't seem to be updating them.

When do you plan to update the interface to allow easier simultaneous removal of multiple entries?

Thanks.
Glenn
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-03-20 15:27
Hi.

Very interesting site!
One thing.... I'm from Norway and we have some letters that does not exist in english... æ/Æ ø/Ø å/Å
Is it possible to use these letters without the site converting them?

Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic