Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > GPRS, WAP, MMS and Email setup > About Weblicon SyncML server

Author About Weblicon SyncML server
arnoldc
Sony Xperia V
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-05-14 08:03
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
@jnichols, i was able to sync again using the ericsson developer gateway. i did a master reset on my phone (for a different reason), and had to put in the settings again, including those for weblicon. my first try was to sync using my operator's gateway (Smart Communications), which failed (synchronization interrupted) after about 5 minutes. Second sync, was fine using ericsson's gateway.

could you please tell me what went wrong with the first sync so that i can tell my operator what they should be doing to get this right?

BTW, i did my tests around 1:40pm - 2:00pm philippines time (we're GMT+8)

[ This Message was edited by: arnoldc on 2002-05-14 07:10 ]
salireza
T610
PM
Posted: 2002-05-14 08:18
jnichols,

I just tried again @ 2:07am EST (7:07am GMT). Lasted for :50secs with a "syncronization starting" message and then got a "syncronization inturrupted" message
EricSony
T68i
PM
Posted: 2002-05-14 10:30
Hi!
I noticed that mms has been added in message.Does it work?I live in Norway and our operator supports this already.
Still problems with sync of contacts,but the other features are very good,so it doesn't bother me that much.I have T68i and the phone freezes and stops working every time I try to sync (contacts) Anyway, good work jnichols!
salireza
T610
PM
Posted: 2002-05-15 19:39
What is the difference between a "sync inturrupted" message and a "sync failed" message?
floke
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-05-15 22:52
Has anyone at all succeded in synchronizing the T68i phonebook with Weblicon?
/floke

[ This Message was edited by: floke on 2002-05-15 22:16 ]
EricSony
T68i
PM
Posted: 2002-05-16 08:29
Never been able to sync contacts.When I try my phone hangs up,and I have to remove the battery.This also happens during sync of calender,but not every time.I use sw R2B025.
GOwin
T39 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-05-17 04:44
@arnoldc
Thanks for renaming the thread. This is much better now.

@jeff
no word yet about making multiple deletions easier?

@salireza
"sync inturrupted" - i think this message appears when the interruption was caused in your end (or SPs); and
"sync failed" - this one when the error happens from their end.

just an assumption, based on my experience when using their servers. oh, and partials syncs will result to uploading part of your contacts in their servers - that means, after several failed syncs, it's possible that you'd finally get a successful sync.

jnichols
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-05-17 21:07
Hey everyone.. sorry I haven't been able to respond to anything recently. I am reading everyone's posts, but I have been very busy as of late (client test installation stuff) and it's been hard for me to find time to look up specific problems. But I'm keeping a safe eye over my log files to make sure they don't get deleted again and I'll try to get around to everyone's questions as soon as I can.

Have a great weekend!
luwi
Sony Xperia ZL
PM
Posted: 2002-05-17 21:24
@ jnichols
I've successfully synchronized all my Calendar & Phonebook entries with weblicon. I did my test around 4:30pm-5:00pm - Philippines time (GMT+8). I got a message "synchronization completed" after 15mins.

After that, I try to delete one calendar entry in my phone then I try to synchronize again, I got now a "synchronization interrupted". What do you think is the problem here?

What I do is, I try to change the setting of my Calendar path from WlcEvent to WlcTodo(or other path), then I tried to synchro again, then I got now "synchronization completed".

After that successful synchronization, I tried to check one entry on my Calendar, when I select a day, I got this message - "day is not synchronized". What is the problem here, I've successfully synchronized all my calendar & phonebook entries with weblicon.

Pls Help!

bimbe
T65 blue
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-05-21 20:34
Ive just bought a T65 and I really like the calendar. I was really happy to find out on this site about weblicon to be able to sync my agenda with something online. I've got a couple of questions however.

-I get two reminders for appointments with a reminder. One from my phone and one via SMS from weblicon. It's fantastic that weblicon can send out SMS reminders for people who don't have a mobile phone with a calendar, but getting this reminder twice every time is rather useless and can even get annoying after a while.

My other two question are more Ericsson related and not so much weblicon (I hope they're not off topic):

-Synchronizing seems to go OK, but the connection stays open untill I happen to notice I'm still connected and terminate it manually, is this normal?

-When opening some days after synchronizing, I still get a message that that day hasn't been synchronized. This seems to happen with days for which I filled out the appointment(s) on-line. Does anyone else experience this?
pino31
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-05-29 11:14
Hy everyone,
I have tried to run syncml with weblicon from my T65 and it does everytime interrupt after ca. 4 min.!!
Can someone tell me why it is this way? and what I can do tu sync sucessfully?

mruane
T610
PM
Posted: 2002-05-29 12:54
Hi

I have also tried to sync with weblicon many times using a T68m with R2D and never once succeeded. Every attempt results in Sync. Interupted. When I disconnect the GPRS connection the status windows reports 30,40,50 KB etc of data sent but it never finally completes. Is there some additional setting at my Provider (VF N.Z.) that must be enabled to sync using the GPRS gateway?

Cheers Mike
floke
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-06-09 23:53
@jnichols:
Its been pretty quiet for a while from you. Are you still working on these issues?
/floke
ronaldfarber
T68 grey
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-08-24 01:17
hi, is this thread still active?

anyway, i'm trying to sync to weblicon with a t68m on the voicestream network in the us. i've tried using both gsm and gprs connections and it always says transfer interrupted. i have software revision r1b..

jeff, if you happen to read this post, i've been trying to log in all day - my username is ronaldfarber - if you could check the logs and see if i'm even getting in, that would be cool... awesome website, though.

thanks!
tyler
jnichols
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-09-04 21:40
Hi all,

wow.. it's been a long time since i've been here, and i'm sincerely sorry for leaving everyone in the dark. unfortunately, i came to the conclusion that i simply did not have time to try to help everyone's individual problems.

on the good side, weblicon has taken a big step today with our newest release. this has been a long time coming, we've upgraded our application server from WebObjects 4.5 to WebObjects 5, which was quite an undertaking. the sync server should be much more stable now, but i'm not sure about it's compatibility with all the different phones our there.

on the best side, the current version will be totally irrelevant within two months or so. I've been grinding away on a complete rearchitecture to fit with our new marketing strategy of offering the sync server as a separate product (before it was only bundled with our pim). i'm very excited about this, i learned a lot with the first design and i'm trying to make use of all this experience.

sorry again for the long absence. as much as i'd like to, i don't think i'm going to try solving individual problems anymore, it's just too time consuming. but the members of this board have helped me out tremendously, and i will try my best to answer any broader questions that might come up. And of course, both good and bad feedback is always welcome.

jeff

[ This Message was edited by: jnichols on 2002-09-04 20:59 ]

[ This Message was edited by: jnichols on 2002-09-04 21:50 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic