Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > GPRS, WAP, MMS and Email setup > About Weblicon SyncML server

Author About Weblicon SyncML server
gobrutz
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-05-08 07:15
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Floke:
The problem you described is same as .V. 's (server and phone stalled waiting for each other's response). He had tried T68i, T68i with R2B software and T68m..... all resulted to the same error. So i guess this is not a problem with the phone. He is from Belgium, you did not mentioned where you're from, maybe both of you are using the same telco. Otherwise you both have the same errors in setting configurations.

Jeff:
My wap client is always synchronized. I just don't know how because I do a lot of random multiclient synching: T68 with Outlook, Outlook with HTML Client, T68 with HTML client.
BTW, does mail @BeOrganized.net support POP3? If so, what is the server name. Will it be possible to save and view sms thru the wap client?

[ This Message was edited by: gobrutz on 2002-05-08 06:17 ]
floke
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-05-08 11:21
gobrutz:
Ok, I though that .V. referred to a Motorola phone. Now I see it was the .V. user Yes, we seem to have the same problem although my phone also resets.
Any idea what is wrong with our configurations?
I probably dont use the same operator as the user .V. I live in Germany and use T-D1.
I did try using another GPRS Gateway from Jamba.de. However, it didn't make any difference
/floke
jnichols
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-05-08 12:45
Floke's problem may look the same, but according to the logs they are much different. It seems that no message containing contacts ever reaches the server. The t68 typically sends around 15 or so contacts at a time, waiting for a response from the server between each set. You can tell this because there is a pause while the phone is 'counting' up. Floke, do you see this pause, or is it a continuous counting up to 45?

gobrutz, the wap (and java) client has always been to view changes made through synchronization, but any changes made through these clients would not have been updated on the other devices. That's essentially what I meant by 'sync-enabled'. And I guess my point about maybe the phone having a problem (or at least being different) is from the fact his t68i simply sends different messages than my t68. So I'm thinking that their sync client could be changed between the two versions (possibly with the t68m as well) ??

I'll ask our admin about the pop3 stuff, but I'm pretty sure there's nothing externally available (and if there was it would probably be imap, as that is what our application runs against). I'm not quite sure what you mean about 'save and view sms'. Can you not already do this?? Maybe I should check out our other clients instead of burying my head in sync all the time!
floke
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-05-08 13:22
@jnichols:
I tried a couple of times again and I couldn't notice any pause in the entries enumeration. It seemed to be a pretty continuos process up to the point where the phone resets. Today the phone resetted at entry 37 instead of 45 yesterday!
I also tried to perform the synchronization using CSD instead of GPRS but it didn't make any difference, it was only slower

Back to work...
/floke
.V.
K700
PM
Posted: 2002-05-08 13:23
Just Tried a new sync and still the same. Are you working on my probleme. Do somebody as the same probleme as me ?
Ericsson Mechanical center / Service point
.V.
K700
PM
Posted: 2002-05-08 13:27
Something strange occured during my sync; I got a incoming call. Normally when data are transfered by GPRS I can not receive them. That must mean that GPRS was on "standby" just waiting... I hope it can help you
Ericsson Mechanical center / Service point
floke
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-05-08 13:54
@ .V. : I noticed the same too. I put the phone on my stereo so I could hear the GSM noices very clear. Then I started the sync.
While the sync process was starting I could hear the GSM noices but as the entries sent were counted no noice could be heard anymore. There is simply nothing sent
/floke
jnichols
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-05-08 14:10
nice test floke!! yes, that sounds right (no pun intended). if the phone was actually sending the data it would break them up into the smaller messages that i mentioned before. maybe you were right about having a corrupt contact or something that is screwing up the phones sync application??

However, .V.'s phone is definitely sending data.. it's problem is that it never tells the server that it's finished sending data. I'm currently talking to a couple of other syncml server developers to see if they are witnessing the same thing.

[ This Message was edited by: jnichols on 2002-05-08 13:15 ]
salireza
T610
PM
Posted: 2002-05-09 00:55
Jnicholas,

I went through this thread post by post and tried everything but I am still not able to syncronize. My username on weblicon's server is "suli" i also tried to sync with username "salireza". I am trying to connect over voicestream's network using CSD (not gprs). I both ericsson and waptunnel's public gateway's including voicestreams but i always get a "Syncranization Failed"

[ This Message was edited by: salireza on 2002-05-09 01:01 ]
salireza
T610
PM
Posted: 2002-05-10 18:42
Anybody still monitoring this post?
jnichols
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-05-10 19:53
salireza, yes.. still monitoring.. but I've been hit with another project which has a short due date, so it's a little hard for me to offer support right now. Also, I have unfortunately lost all my logs from before May 8 8:00 GMT. So if you tried to synchronize before this, I can't really help you till you try again. If you synchronized after this, your attempt did not even create any log files so there's a strong chance you're not even connecting correctly with the server. Double check all your settings and whenever you have a problem be sure to give me as many details as possible (what phone, exact message, how long it took, etc..).
salireza
T610
PM
Posted: 2002-05-11 10:36
jnichols,

Thanx for your reply. I tried again but this time I got a "syncronization inturrupted" message instead of "syncranization failed". I got the message after 00:50 (secs). The username I am using is "suli" my phone is a T68i.
GOwin
T39 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-05-12 02:30
jnichols
is there a faster way of deleting my online contacts? i got this feeling that my contacts on the phone are too different with what's online already, and that is why it's taking a long time to sync.

am deleting them one at a time right now. argh!

(i have been able to sync before but the process is not completed. i found new contacts on the web which i recently added on my phone)

GOwin
GOwin
T39 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-05-12 11:14
jeff
just as i thought. i guess my phone contacts are just too different from the one stored on the servers and that' why it's taking an eternity (okay, a timeout from whichever end) to sync the two.

i have deleted all my contacts from the servers (it took me several hours. dont we have any option to "delete all" of them - or something to do it faster?), then tried a sync from the phone. first try wasn't successful - but upon checking, most (im not sure if i got all of them) got copied to the server.

after an hour or so i tried it again, i finally got a "successful sync" message.

ahh ... i missed that message

i hope this helps you a bit jeff.

Win
jnichols
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-05-13 21:45
suli, I'm still not finding any logs from you, so I have one more request.. try again, and make a note of what time it is when you try.. as accurately as possible.. gmt is preferrable Hopefully this will show me any problems that occur before my specific logs get created.

hi win.. glad you finally got "the message"
I've been asking for a delete all feature since I started working on this, but I've never gotten it. My solution (probably not advisable for everyone else) is to either start over with a new account or delete them all using outlook sync (be careful using the second option because syncing with a different client always creates a new device that the server must log changes for... more devices = more change logs = slower syncs)

I'm currently working on some optimization stuff, hopefully I'll be able to add some speed.. as well as some stability. I'll keep everyone informed.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic