Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > Taking back all T610 phones

Author Taking back all T610 phones
djk
T610
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-05-14 23:20
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Oh.... stop complaining again

I miss the excellent voice quality in T39 and R520.
However, after that, nearly all Sony Ericsson has not that good voice quality. T68....... poor microphone senitivity (in the first batch), T68i - small noise and not as clear as in T39, T300 - too low volume, T100 - too low volume also......
And now T610 - noise in earphone.........

How come............... fresh problem in every new phones
lazarini
R520
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-05-14 23:25
Yes the sound quality in the R520m is supreme way better then my t68i had and also my P800 also has no sounds its clean and strong !

This message was posted from a P800

[ This Message was edited by: lazarini on 2003-05-15 09:08 ]

Yellow-Hollow
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2003-05-14 23:30
Quote:

On 2003-05-14 23:15, tenelux wrote:
Seriously!?...Does anyone use their phones to actually call people up and TALK to them? I sure don't. MMS and camera and Games is what it is for.

So stop complaining

Well.. we have to complain when we should except a phone without any problems.. and we'are paying a lot of money. And I will certainly not accept a deficiency like this.. i will just get annoyed every time i call someone. It's a phone, not a Gameboy, and not a camera. But, hey, I understand you too..
ppcrockar
P990
PM
Posted: 2003-05-14 23:52
But you should also remember that SE is usually quite fast at fixing problems with their phones, and admit eventual faults of the phones. Unlike a certain finnish company that starts with a "N" and has a large market share (anyone remember the faulty screens of the 8210 and 3310) . The P800 also had some problems with the sound when it was released but that was fixed very fast.

If it's a software problem, it will be easily fixed. If it's a hardware problem you get the phone replaced like with the T65. Not such a big problem that some people make it out to be.

The fact is that the phones today are very advanced and the release schedules are very tight. Most phones have some kind of problems in the first batch. That is just the way it is. (This doesn't only apply to mobile phones though, many hightech products have the same problem)

[ This Message was edited by: ppcrockar on 2003-05-14 22:53 ]
Mobile_Phil
K750
PM
Posted: 2003-05-15 01:28
Sure, it's good that they finally released a phone somewhat in time of their predicted release date.
Something that pretty much no other mobile phone manufacturer is able to do...

BUT, this shouldn't affect quality the way it has...
Hopefully they will sort out the problem fast, and knowing the usual efficiency of SE in fixing things, I'm sure they will find a fix soon!

Let's keep a positive and optimistic attitude here people!
dimitrivd
K700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-05-15 01:28
Many of the T65 had soundproblems to, and they fixed it with new firmware. I hope they can do the same thing. I know many people with a T65, but no-one is complaining about his sound.

The only complaints of Ericsson phones i get is from T66's
Owner of a T68 since December '01. - SURF FIREFOX
Yellow-Hollow
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2003-05-15 01:33
I don't know if my local dealer will accept that I demand a new phone if my first one is buggy, but I will hope for the best..

Bying the phone, trying it with bugs, and then deliver it back and sending it to SE isn't what I want, I don't have time for such bullshit.

Anyone can report phones with no soundbugs?
I really hope it's softwarebased..
dimitrivd
K700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-05-15 01:38
Hmmm, more and more people reporting the noise in the phone when calling...

I think i will still buy the phone, and hope it is a good one.
Owner of a T68 since December '01. - SURF FIREFOX
Mobile_Phil
K750
PM
Posted: 2003-05-15 01:42
Let's remember that most new phones experience problems in the beginning, and there is often a trade off between having a phone early, and reliability!
But firmware updates will most often fix the problems. A bit more hassle, but you have your phone earlier than everybody else!
If you want a totally stable phone, buy one which has been on the market a while... The T68m's and i's are very stable now (albeit slow)!
xenobgood
P800
PM
Posted: 2003-05-15 02:31
I'm working with selling this things at a company here in Sweden and I must agree with a few of you that SonyEricsson fixing the problems very fast and are MUCH easier to deal with then it's finnish competitor. For an example SE has a DOA (Destroyed On Arrival) guarantee in 7 days from when it was purchased. Nokia has only 2 days! And that's not even 2 working days!
It's always fun (NOT!) when a customer comes in 3 days after their purchase with a faulty phone and we then have to send it for service. The same case with SE we would just exchange the phone and send the faulty phone in so we will get a Sales Package back.

At a Nokia event a few months a go the CEO for the Nordic Region at Nokia said in a speech that they have had quality problems but they fixed that. When a person later spoke to her he asked what she meant by fixing it she couldn't really answer that question. She said she would look in to it again (yeah right!). They don't care if they are selling faulty products. It's much cheaper for them to release a new product name but with the same hardware than fixing the current model.
Yellow-Hollow
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2003-05-15 03:49
xenobgood: Hehe, there you see Yes, I know SE is good at this.
But I think it's lame to release and produce phones with a defect like this, let's just hope its softwarerelated and not hardware. And second, I think it's bad of SE not to check series of phones before dispatching them to stores
jbendaou
P910
PM
Posted: 2003-05-15 04:24
who in the world did he tell you that?
The T68i God, P800 Dumper, T610 believer, the K700i lover, the P910 what, oh the K750i?
randomix
T610
PM
Posted: 2003-05-15 04:50
@djk

Oh, T300 and T100 have low volume? I don't think so.
My t300 (Made in Malaysia) is very loud, I never turn it to the loudest level.
d' fuhrer
T300
PM
Posted: 2003-05-15 07:24
i had a feeling that the t610 will have defects in it's initial release. typical for SE for not detecting and fixing the problem before delivering to stores. the defect is very annoying to me.
if you don't have something nice to say, don't say something nice.
FUEHRER MEANS "LEADER" IN GERMAN STUPID.
triggerbokie
K700
PM
Posted: 2003-05-15 07:33
Wel i just wish d problem wil be fixed when it hits the stores in the philippines.

This message was posted from a T68i

Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi