Esato

Forum > Regional > Asia Pacific > Sony Ericsson Filipino Users 2

Author Sony Ericsson Filipino Users 2
odyig
T610
PM
Posted: 2002-04-02 17:02
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
guys u wnt believe what happened to me @ smartnet today. i bought my t68 last month sa globe kaya locked sya. i went to smartnet kanina for a sw upgrade but during the upgrading process something went wrong. nasira nila yung unit ko. PINALITAN nila yung unit ko ng brand new and unlocked pa!!!! SMARTNET is the best SEMICON bulok!!!
gooms
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2002-04-02 17:07

the main problem in getting second hand/not warrantied phones is the hassle kung masira yung phone. so just make sure that you are getting the phone in good condition. since it is a T39, i believe there won't be a major software upgrade for that phone anytime soon, unlike the T68m. so don't worry much about getting it upgraded.

i don't know how much Smartnet charges for their upgrade. but Semicon, as said earlier, charges up to 1650 pesos for the upgrade!!! that's a lot!!!

gooms
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2002-04-02 17:09

@odyig

hehehehe!!! swerte naman!!!

yiz19
T68i
PM
Posted: 2002-04-02 17:16
gooms, thanx! Yeah, I realize the T39 won't be getting too many, if any at all, firmware upgrades in the near future. It's just that I wanna make sure it will have all the necessary features (particularly sms id!) and no bugs.

Come to think of it, what version of the T39 is already good?

You're right, though...Php1650 is just overkill!!
arnoldc
Sony Xperia V
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-04-03 01:47
@odyig, that is really the case. when smartnet gives you a replacement, it is OPEN LINE. same thing happened to me, got one locked with smart, but after smartnet replaced it, open na. so guys, kung gusto nyo ng bago at open line na T68m, eh maghanap kayo ng problema sa phone nyo at hope that the problem is serious enough to warrant a replacement.
pogie
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-04-03 02:16
alam nyo ba kung saan merong blue tooth headset d2 sa pinas. i've been looking around (the hub, smartnet, semicon...) pero wala akong makita.
jhermano
P1
PM
Posted: 2002-04-03 04:36
sayang, kakabenta lang ni alanranch ng sa kanya before holy week. why not check out buyncell.com, that's where alan sold his
GPRS
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2002-04-03 04:51
@yiz,
R3B006 is the latest firmware for T39
so far wala naman akong problema sa R3B

nowd
Z600
PM
Posted: 2002-04-03 06:44
Hi guys!

I'm kinda new here so this may be an ancient question already. Sorry nalang if ever. I would just wanna know where in Manila I can have the software of my T68 upgraded. I'm still using R1B (I think). Tried to look for a thread that might have had this question answered already but can't find one. Also, will it cost me anything? If ever, how much?

Thanks in advance for the help! I really enjoy reading the threads here and if not for the discussions I find here, I wouldn't have known about upgrading my phone's software and all that stuff!

Nowd
arnoldc
Sony Xperia V
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-04-03 06:52
@nowd, please refer to this post.
dan47
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2002-04-03 08:43
Quote:

On 2002-04-03 01:47, arnoldc wrote:
@odyig, that is really the case. when smartnet gives you a replacement, it is OPEN LINE. ......eh maghanap kayo ng problema sa phone nyo at hope that the problem is serious enough to warrant a replacement.

but will they replace it if walang warranty? upgrading the non-warrantied unit i know it's ok.. but what abt replacement?

[ This Message was edited by: dan47 on 2002-04-03 08:44 ]
arnoldc
Sony Xperia V
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-04-03 08:48
@dan47, i believe my statement is true *only* for units with warranty.
GRIFTER
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-04-03 10:03
Guys, just wanna ask if the problem that i am having happened to you:

Some of the contact person on my contact list just disappeared! It's like having a blank space between names... and that is in random. Damn T68 fu*ked up on me big time! Good thing that i have backup on my outlook...

I dunno, the last thing i know was: i was syncing with my PC and then when i was gonna text somebody i just couldn't find her name. But the space where her name is, is still there! then even if i edit it blank lang sha. And not only that i cannot delete the friggin' space!

So what i did was, i deleted my whole phone memory and then synced it again with my outook and it was restored back. Good thing i have this cable! I can't imagine kung wala akong PC and data cable for my phone!

I just don't know what could have caused it... well i have another syncing software on my PC which is the active sync that i use with my iPAQ but eversince i bought this cable and synced my T68 i haven't encountered any major problems... ngayon lang... parang na-ulol yung software ko!
arnoldc
Sony Xperia V
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-04-03 10:13
@grifter, that occurence happened to another chap last december and was posted here at esato. he did a master reset, and never complained (if i remember it right) afterwards. it looks like an isolated case, kaya lang syempre bad trip yan.
alphaq
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2002-04-03 10:19
Quote:

On 2002-04-03 10:03, GRIFTER wrote:

So what i did was, i deleted my whole phone memory and then synced it again with my outook and it was restored back. Good thing i have this cable! I can't imagine kung wala akong PC and data cable for my phone!

sir GRIFTER,
wat type of cable n where did u buy it? sync between cellphone n pc?
thanks in advance for ur reply....

[ This Message was edited by: alphaq on 2002-04-03 10:37 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic