Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Symbian phones > Browsing on your P800 via ADSL

Author Browsing on your P800 via ADSL
Lordmike
P800
PM
Posted: 2003-07-07 21:55
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I just connected mine to the USB cradle like I always do and then opened Opera and I was surfing without GPRS and no special settings.. hmm weird. And good.
bill320
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2003-07-10 01:15
is it possible to use my PC ASDL to brower internet with my P800??
but i don't have BT connection with PC, I only have the SEMC DSS-20 SyncStation or a infradred port.
Andy.
W810 black
PM
Posted: 2003-07-10 02:47
i have been trying to conect via bt for a few months now.But it will not work, the bt connection works as i can transfer pics etc. But i cannot change the com port so bt works ?????

This message was posted from a P800

laffen
Sony Xperia Z5 Compact
PM
Posted: 2003-07-10 09:44
@bill320

Yes, you can use infrared to browse the net via ADSL (using Opera).

[ This Message was edited by: laffen on 2003-07-10 08:44 ]
janahan
C905 Black
PM
Posted: 2003-07-10 16:53
Answering a few "newbie" questions:

to ALL those who are havign problems. For this to work, you MUST HAVE THE PCSUITE SOFTWARE RUNNING ON THE COMPUTER WITH WHICH YOU WANT TO CONNECT TO THE NET WITH!

It uses the mRouter component to route the packets across the network. It seems the P800 uses a tcp/ip connection over the USB/Serial to do its sync, and other work.

Sorry this has not been made very obvious, and i can understand the frustration of those who have been trying to get it to work on a system which is not their primary system for Synch.

You do NOT need to run internet conenction sharing. As far as i know. it just works.

You CANNOT get this to work on anythign other than a Windows PC. PC Suite, and therefore mRouter is only made for WIndows Sorry Mac and Linux users.

thsi does NOT work with the T68i, because that does not use TCP/IP over the serial link to synch.

@bill320: Yes it works FINE via the cable too and with Infra Red, though unless the P800 itself gets maxed out, the Bluetooth is faster.

Owned (order of purchase): Nok 8110, Nok 6150, Nok 8210, Nok 6210, Eric r320s, Eric T68m, SE T300, SE P800, SE T610, SE S700i, Mot V3i, SE K800i
OG_OldGrowler
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2003-07-11 00:39
Hi All,

Just to confirm from a total newbie (only finished charging the P800 about 4 hours ago ). I've just plugged the USB cradle into my desktop (after installing the PC suite) and I can surf through my DSL no problem

Does anyone think you'll be able to surf via a PDA with bluetooth and a wireless link (Ipaq/Clie)?

Paul
mobster
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2003-07-18 16:46
Dear All,

I wonder how you guys do all those cool stuffs.
I can only browse the internet from my P800 via desktop stand (USB) with Opera. Internal browser only works with GPRS connection.
I've tried to establish the connection via a PC over Bluetooth per your every instruction, but to no avail. FYI, that PC uses 3Com Bluetooth PC-Card and it came with a software suite which doesn't support direct serial connection, which means, I have to start a program which uses serial port (eg: HyperTerminal, Direct Cable Connection) to initiate a serial connection to my P800.

I'm not allowed to install any other software, s/a SE Suite, to that PC, because it's not mine. I'm only allowed to use its Bluetooth to connect to the internet from my P800 and the owner permits me to apply some settings. Sad but true, I need to browse the internet in a mobile manner.

Please HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP ....
SonyForever
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2003-07-18 18:56
I am using 3Com Bluetooth too but mine is a USB adapter instead of a PC card. I can share my PC Internet connection through BT with Opera, but i have tried the built-in browser with dummy account though.

The problem is that it works fine only IF my P800 can get the BT connection. Yes, i can't get the connection everytime.

When i start the connection manager, it will scan for nearby BT device and got my P800. However, it didn't start any actual connection to it, becos the 'phone connection link' didn't trigger it to do so. Sometimes the BT connection manager is just sitting there without any further action. The best way I can do to make it work is: first, make sure Bluetooth is checked in 'phone connection link'. second, reboot PC. third, start Connection Manager. I can make it 80% of time.

more problem with the 3Com adapter is that it doesn't seem working if i unplug it and plug again (the blue light gone forever), until i reboot my PC. Also the adapter stop working if i have leave that on with my PC overnite.

I am using the latest driver, connection manager, etc,

any idea how to fixed that? oops a bit off the topic and forum, sorry about that
TheScorp
P900
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-07-19 03:51
Can anyone please post a step by step introduction on how to get online through the ADSL, cause I have to pick one of the data accounts when I start opera..

Kind Regards

Edmund Johansen
Norway
SonyForever
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2003-07-19 04:10
Edmund,

there no extra step or software involved. just put ur P800 onto the syncstation and make sure sychronise is working. then start opera.

may be software version does matther. my versions are:
PC suite 1.5.1
Phone R2F
BlueTooth R5A
Organiser R2A
CDA R2A

hope this help
TheScorp
P900
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-07-19 04:31
Well, this thing is that I dont want it to stand in the syncstation. I want to use my bluetooth USB adapter to get online through my laptop and the ADSL connection when I am at home/work. And it sucks working with the phone when its in the sync station.

Can I activate PC SUite to use the bluetooth connection maybe?

Quote:

there no extra step or software involved. just put ur P800 onto the syncstation and make sure sychronise is working. then start opera.

may be software version does matther. my versions are:
PC suite 1.5.1
Phone R2F
BlueTooth R5A
Organiser R2A
CDA R2A

hope this help

Kind Regards

Edmund Johansen
Norway
TheScorp
P900
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-07-19 05:15
Now I am online with the phone in the sync. adsl rocks. Now to get the bt crap to work!!..

Kind Regards

Edmund Johansen
Norway
SonyForever
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2003-07-19 09:28
If you can sync with BT, u can go online with BT too. Again, no extra step and software involved.
TheScorp
P900
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-07-21 01:54
Well, at the moment I dont think I can sync with the bt connection. But doing some reinstallations and stuff to see if things changes.
But when I tried earlier on, and opened opera while I was paired up, it asked me what GPRS connection I wanted to use, and creating a dummy account did not help me.

But doing some testing
Kind Regards

Edmund Johansen
Norway
tha pound
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2003-07-21 12:15
I don't understand why you surf on Internet with your p800.... If you have a pc with you??!!

Somebody can tell me????
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi