Previous  123 ... 323334 ... 228229230  Next
Author Sony Xperia Rumours 2019
carkitter
V640 Black
PM
Posted: 2018-12-09 01:35
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2018-12-08 17:14:18, badassmam wrote:
budget_galaxy_s10__pictured_with_a_case_flat_screen_design_confirmed-news-34621.php

Just for some perspective, the S10 Lite should be a 5.8 inch AMOLED with minimal bezels so those who are good at maths will see that the overall size is similar to the XZ2 Compact. According to the link above, this will have dual cam and massive screen and headphone jack and look thin. Probably have super slow motion as well. Why is it so hard for Sony? How comes every company in the world can do it but these stubborn Sony designers? Either the change up this year or they'll be gone because everyone has left them behind.

Who walks into a phone retailer and say "Show me a phone with super slowmo"?
Furthermore which staff member knows the answer? Nigel the Nerd can't get a job in retail anymore, he's working from home as an IT consultant. His job is filled by Devon and Mikaila the social media gurus.

Phones based on hardware spec haven't sold well since the software focused iPhone arrived and changed everything. in 2007. SONY need to pick a niche and own it completely
Best Debater - Esato Awards 2010
Best Phone Review - Esato Awards 2008
Visiting NZ with your mobile - all you need to know
badassmam
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2018-12-09 15:36
I disagree, Apple hardware is exceptional for the software which is why the humble iPhone SE is still blazing fast and smooth. The iPhone and total Apple package is excellent, people know what they are getting when you buy an iPhone.

On the other hand you go looking for an Android phone and you have a selection of large screen small bezel phones, different shapes and sizes, multiple camera sensors etc. Why would you get a single camera XZ3 over a Samsung or Huawei that have more of everything over the Sony? Even if you know nothing about the hardware and specs who would buy a Sony apart from a die hard fan? There is no appeal and the only unique devices which are the Premium and Compact look like diarrhoea or have some other uniquely stupid feature.
pt020
W800
PM
Posted: 2018-12-09 16:41
I like the XZ4C ..I even like its bezels.
On my XZ3 there are no side bezels and it disturbs more than it helps.
Nice also to see the side sensor again,it is really stupid placed on the XZ3.
motvikt
T68i
PM
Posted: 2018-12-09 18:43
Is it not obvious what Sony is doing. They are not investing any money in their mobile business and trying to charge as much as they can for every phone the sell.

- Create a new design? Costs money
- Make a great camera with good software? Cost a lot of money
- Make a phone with top of the line specs? Costs money and affects marginal

A real recipe for success

My guess is that Sony will continue to starve their mobile business until they close it down. What they should do is just licence their brand name to a Chinese OEM like Nokia is doing with Foxconn.

I will never buy a Sony phone again and I am saying that as a fan for 10+ years. Too expensive, old design, bad camera and the feeling that Sony is milking me for money.
vivftp
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2018-12-09 18:57

On 2018-12-09 18:43:29, motvikt wrote:
I will never buy a Sony phone again and I am saying that as a fan for 10+ years. Too expensive, old design, bad camera and the feeling that Sony is milking me for money.

Old design? The XZ3 is a great design! And their cameras are perfectly competitive against their peers. As for your feelings, well that's your own opinion. I'm perfectly happy with my XZ Premium and am excited to see what they've got coming up.
xpr
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2018-12-09 22:52

On 2018-12-09 18:57:52, vivftp wrote:

On 2018-12-09 18:43:29, motvikt wrote:

Old design? The XZ3 is a great design! And their cameras are perfectly competitive against their peers. As for your feelings, well that's your own opinion. I'm perfectly happy with my XZ Premium and am excited to see what they've got coming up.

Totally agree with you. No one is forcing anyone to buy a Sony phone. I personally think they make the best devices out there. If someone wants a Samsung with a Sony logo, just get the Samsung.
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2018-12-10 00:02
i love sony phones. i hope they continue to make them for a long time.

just a fun story. my best friend has been a samsung user since forever. well, her samsung broke on her and she knew i have always loved my sony phones and how i always say how the battery lasts forever. so, since she needed a new phone, she decided to get a sony.

She picked up an xperia xz, and put a basic TPU case on it. no screen protector. well, one day she was out and her phone dropped out of her pocket without her realizing, into the middle of a parking lot. by the time she realized it, it had clearly been run over by at least one car, maybe more. The front glass was shattered to bits and the LCD was not able to render an image. HOWEVER, the phone still worked. She was able to make/receive calls when paired to her car's bluetooth, access her contacts, etc. She just couldn't actually see or do anything that required the screen. Other than that, the phone was largely undamaged. Some scuffs on the metal frame but the back glass was intact without a scratch or crack and nothing on the camera lens, which still worked by the way.

I am confident an iphone or galaxy would have been obliterated if put in the same situation.

While I have the phone to repair the screen, she went and got a pixel 3. She's the type who doesn't charge her phone every night at the beside or even while in the car. Her biggest complaint is that she has to charge it after 2 days when she was able to easily go 4 days with her sony. She said she misses it.

Sony makes quality devices. yes, they screw up and yes they are behind the times in a lot of aspects. But, their software optimization is the best of all the OEMs, I think and build quality is clearly very good. For me, it'll be another sony or pixel when I do upgrade, but I really hope it will be a sony.
moogoo
Nokia 5160 -> Nokia 8260 -> SE T68i -> SE K700i -> SE Z710 -> SE Xperia X10a -> Sony Xperia S -> Sony Xperia Z1 -> Sony Xperia XZ -> Sony Xperia XZ Premium -> Sony Xperia 1ii
Lonewolf223
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2018-12-10 04:53
The best thing about sony is its software and ui experience.

I agree with mogoo.

They just have to get a few things sorted out thats all.
I hope sony continue making phones for a long time
I cant imagine having a flagship from any other company bar sony
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2018-12-11 22:06

On 2018-11-29 21:20:30, moogoo wrote:
goldenface - it quickly disappeared like liverpool's chances of advancing in the champions league..

Ha ha. You were saying. 😂
badassmam
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2018-12-11 23:29
Let's be honest, Italian teams are the greatest chokers in football and even Inter Milan somehow out-choked Spurs. Juventus are going to put it right this time with Ronaldo, I've been waiting a long time for the Champions League. I give credit to English clubs because they play with more heart than anyone else which gets them through against technically superior opponents.
Shino03
S700
PM
Posted: 2018-12-12 14:51
Hate to admit it but Sony will have more cash selling their flagship image sensors than keeping it for themselves at their current state.

Let's not blame Sony for the new landscape of the mobile industry because I think, everyone else except Samsung and Apple have been eradicated by the chinese phone manufacturers; Lg is barely making news, in the mobile industry

I don't know but here in Asia-pacific, chinese phones are selling like hotcakes because they're cheaper. Gone are the old days that you have to buy big names like Samsung and Sony to have good quality phones. Android made it so much easy for manufacturers to just focus on the hardware. It is just too easy today to put pieces of tech from the big players like (Display from Samsung, sensors from Sony).

Nokia saw it coming. With software being all readily available, there's no chance for manufacturers to compete in terms of price and hardware with the chinese who have more efficient cost-cuttings (That's why they never wanted to share symbian in the first place back in the days)

I do understand Sony's stubborness to remain as a hardware company but I think they will have more brand power if they will require all those manufacturers using their sensors to put it on the specs same as LEICA lenses/Zeiss; And perhaps it will also mean they have to leave the mobile industry much the same fate as VAIO.
[ This Message was edited by: Shino03 on 2018-12-12 13:58 ]
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2018-12-12 15:33
Mobile isn't going anywhere. If anything they will downsize it, which they should have done years ago. they simply have too many devices to work on. Personally, I think they should just focus on two devices, the premium and whatever model/range has been their best money maker. for the premium, make it a beast of a phone and sell it at a competitive price. and business as usual for their "best seller". Sony have repeated stated in their press conferences and interviews that they are investing in the future and want to get in on the next big thing. There was a phrase they used, but I can't recall it at this moment.

ANyway, we can only speculate what's going on there. It's clear they don't read enough blogs to truly know what their fans and consumers want cause they would have made more positive changes years ago. Hopefully 2019 will be a better year.

@Goldenface - by the skin of their teeth! haha. they always play well at anfield. It's ok. They don't have the depth to go far in champions league AND keep pace with city in the premier league. something's gotta give and I think it'll be the champions league. also, depends on their draw for next round.

moogoo
Nokia 5160 -> Nokia 8260 -> SE T68i -> SE K700i -> SE Z710 -> SE Xperia X10a -> Sony Xperia S -> Sony Xperia Z1 -> Sony Xperia XZ -> Sony Xperia XZ Premium -> Sony Xperia 1ii
RacSony
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2018-12-12 15:55
XZ4 with IMX664?

https://sumahoinfo.com/post-27762
josephnero
Sony Xperia Z5
PM
Posted: 2018-12-12 15:56
Sony Mobile cuts a quarter of its workforce in Lund, Sweden

http://www.xperiablog.net/201[....]-its-workforce-in-lund-sweden/
Archdragoon
Sony Xperia Z5
PM
Posted: 2018-12-13 04:23
Do you guy think the next year will be better than this year since those XZ2's designer gang already got fired ?
Device : Xperia 1 II
Headphone : MDR-M1ST + MUC-S12SB1, ATH-DSR9BT, WH-1000XM4
DAC/AMP : PHA-2A
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 323334 ... 228229230  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic