Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Sony's 3 New Flagship Smartphone
https://twitter.com/NodSikharulidze/status/1156560835361329152
motvikt
T68i
PM
Posted: 2019-07-31 15:30
Wonder what the chances are of Sony dropping the horrible 21:9 format now when the phones obviously won't sell. They should drop out of manufacturing all together. Create a mobile camera division and outsource all design and manufacturing to Foxconn like Nokia has. Just smack a custom camera on it.
Hawk12
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2019-07-31 16:00
Motorola is already bringing 21:9.
Soon other brands will too.
I prefer 16:9 , but none of them do it anymore.
All between 16:9 and 21:9 should not exist.

I prefer Xperia flagship but if they made a midrange ( because cpu is not that important to me) like this I'd buy :

- design of X1
- SD665 is enough
- screen of X10
- plastic body
- 19MP imx400 + 12MP 52mm / 8MP selfie with AF
- IP68
- dual + sd slot
- 4Gb/64 (32 is enough for my needs)
- 3000mAh
- price of X10+
[ This Message was edited by: Hawk12 on 2019-07-31 16:00 ]
Lonewolf223
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2019-08-01 05:37
Sony needs people to buy their products

What midrangers are u talking about bro
Go check out redmi note 7 pro, asus zenphone max pro m2, Realme 3 pro, galaxy m30 and come back

Dont be stupid and come up with excuses all these phones have Bluetooth 5.0 and who cares about frigging Bluetooth anyway
Xperia 10 which is way overpriced and under specced... It has a comically low 2800 mah battery

Just use one of the above midrangers and then talk bro
At least read the opinions from users
U will be the only person who says that sony midrangers are worth the money
Ppl
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2019-08-01 11:09
https://sumahoinfo.com/post-33400

5g phone may not be a flagship or belong to the same series.

Are they doing m4 aqua again?
Hawk12
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2019-08-01 11:25
I would buy Samsung A not M.
M is not that different from J, the series they replaced. Just more cameras and ugly notch.

Like I said, prices vary a lot.
Samsung can charge $150 for a phone in India (because of Xiaomi) , but in LATAM (where they have more than 50% of the marketshare) the same device is $290 at least.
My nephew got A6+ about six months after its announcement.
He paid about $400 for a phone with SD450 and microUSB.
A80 is more than $800 I think.

I dont choose 10 over XA2+.
I did not like the fact they are using less battery and smaller cameras.
Everyone were impressed with endurance of XA2 series.
XA and XAU 2016 were something like that.
Poor battery life compared to previous generations.

But weaker cpu does not make phone bad.
How can ppl say device is slow when it has better cpu than Z5 and X? None of these two are any slow.

Midranges/low ends from Samsung, Sony, Realme, LG , Motorola etc all have pretty low quality screen compared to 2017 flagship, all take crappy photos and record poor videos. Most of them wont get regular security patches, not guarantee of new android versions.

All these phones you mentioned had specific price for India. None else will get for same price. Xiaomi sells here officially and they charge $210 for Redmi Go (1GB/16GB).
Also more than $400 for Redmi 7, a device with : 720p, micro USB, no nfc, no gyro and probably high SAR like many of their phones.

There is a lot pressure on Sony Mobile to make money. Then they try to earn every cent they can.
Usually by cutting costs, that is how japanese companies do.

Realme is under BBK like OP, losses are covered easier.
Both use stuff after Oppo, tons of R/D money is saved.
Xiaomi is not divided into divisions. CEO said once they dont care if they lose money with phones because they have many other business.

Tell me, how many midranges were better than M4/M5?
Were Z2 and Z3 overpriced for what they had?

Sony still lost tons of money, selling about 130 million units between Jan/2013 - Dez/2015

In 2019, a midrange can only be 5G if the maker puts SD855/X50 inside. Like Sammy did with A90.
Unless the maker has own 5G modem.
[ This Message was edited by: Hawk12 on 2019-08-01 12:07 ]
Ppl
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2019-08-01 16:09
Samsung can read and react to market fast. J series were selling a lot. I bet m does too.

Sony is always slow to react and have some quirk or lack of something that is always bested by others in the same price range.

Who cares about gorilla glass in the entry level. Even 3a has dragontrail. In those segments bt, USB c etc don't matter that much. Design, price and spec are the most important. No one looking to buy a cheap phone would pay 450 dollars to 10+ while 3a is 400.

Sony doesn't know what matters. Or they just can't diversify without losing money. Idk.

Pixel 4 has the same front design of the X1 albeit with slightly bigger bezels but it packs 2 cams, a face scanner and a nice radar in there. So when you have questionable design choices you have to back them up with usable features. Like that hump back of xz2-3, 3300mah in a 1cm body. Who approves these!?
badassmam
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2019-08-01 19:27
Xperia midrange is garbage plain and simple. Crap products don't sell period. I cannot think of one thing that makes me want an Xperia 10, even if it were £100 I'd go on Ebay and get an old flagship.
Hawk12
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2019-08-01 20:37
The front of Pixel 4 is like LG V30, but without even bezels.
Google is removing the wider angle to use face ID (same sensors of iphone) and Soli.

I agree that are phones better than 10/10+.
Like I said I prefer the XA2 series (except curved design and rear FPS).
When you already lost tons of money , you stop taking more risk.
That is how business works.

More sales dont translate to more money in.
Samsung is increasing sales but profit is dropping because most of the sales come from the lower versions of A series and M series.

You can flood market with more low ends but at the risk of losing more money.
HTC is bring back Wildfire series, not much different from what L3 offers.
I dont think it will solve their problems.

Let's suppose if "X20" brings a great package like U19e.
If it does not increase sales, it is just more money wasted.

Probably this is the reason they killed upper midranges after Xc.
The differences between X and X Perf were : IP68, cpu/gpu, 80mAh and brushed rear panel.
X Perf had much better sales than X , its price was at least 40% more.

Yes, old flagships are always better than new midranges.
I would choose XZ1, Pixel 2, Mate 10 and U11 over any 2019 midrange from any brand.

Let's not forget that whole Sony does not swim in money like Apple and Samsung.
Many actions have been done in past few years to solve financial issues.
And the earthquake in 2016 made things worse.

Bonus : XZ2 Premium is still for sale. Can be yours for $1239,98 on Amazon. 😅

Ppl
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2019-08-01 22:06
To me it's a rounded version of the uneven bezels on X1.

X failed because of its price and what it offered for that price. Not because XP was better.

If they can't offer desirable products they cannot sell, and competition is fierce in the lower segments. If they spec the midrange right they just ask too much money, they lose again. They have to balance things nicely and choose wisely where to cut corners. I don't think a 720+ screen would have been so bad for the X10 with a significant price drop of course.
[ This Message was edited by: Ppl on 2019-08-01 21:07 ]
pt020
W800
PM
Posted: 2019-08-02 22:07
Sony should concentrate on one phone a year in few sizes , like Apple.
hgautam
Sony Xperia X Performance
PM
Posted: 2019-08-03 10:24
The market has changed a lot since Z2 times... Whether it's entry level, mid range or flagships, the best sales are taken by Chinese companies. One plus is number in premium segment in India, xiaomi at top overall. Companies like sony have no chance and so they have stopped selling mobiles since last year in several countries. But even if we talk worldwide the situation is not much different. The only only way sony can sell is by matching xiaomi and oneplus in price to specs ratio which is impossible.... Making mid rangers for sony is simply a waste of Time, Money and R&D... The best they can do is keep releasing flagships only but it needs to better than all others in everything... The X1 could be the best it had 4000+ mAh battery, capable front camera and a top level IMX main camera like the one plus 7 pro or P30 pro... Front stereo speakers and 3.5mm jack was the right choice and they shouldn't have skipped on this.

Also, for me the biggest USP for X1 is the 21:9 screen ratio with 4K cropped resolution. Can't understand why people still can't accept it... Majority of phone have 19.5:9 ratio these days anyway and 21:9 isn't that much of difference. Sony stick to 21:9 👍
hgautam
Sony Xperia X Performance
PM
Posted: 2019-08-03 10:40

On 2019-08-01 20:37:28, Hawk12 wrote:
More sales dont translate to more money in.

And exactly the vice-versa.... Have more profit margins but next to no sales are of no use either. Sony wont be able to cover even their R&D expenses if they don't sell in numbers...

Sony needs to have best balance in price to features ratio like one plus 7 pro... It's very expensive (Redmi K20 Pro costs almost half and has almost the same specs) but still very cheaper than Galaxy S10+ and having almost similar specs.... Sony currently price their phone close to S10+ but specs wise even one plus seems better overall...

Currently Asus seems to understand this better... The ROG II is what sony should have had, not a gaming centric one though. Offering more than S10+ but keeping the same price. Sony should do the same, have pricing like a S10+ but offers more than what a galaxy offers.
Lonewolf223
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2019-08-03 11:31
The thing is sony releases great phones but decides to cripple it themselves.
For x1 it is the lack of sufficient battery and 3.5mm jack even though the phone is somewhat heavy for the battery it has.

I prefer sony solely focuses on its flagships and somewhat invest in marketing.
Sony has many fans online but those wont translate to sales
People simply want the best specs for the money they spent.. That is what the midrange market is all about

Sony flagships are already great, they just need some slight adjustments and promotion
Ppl
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2019-08-03 11:49
What if this Xperia 2 is really the specced down version of X1 but with 5G?

Doesn't it make it more expensive? So it'd actually have a similar price to X1. I don't think it'd be a good idea. It'd make them lose money again if they don't offer a 4g version that can compete with the 11R and the likes.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 211212213 ... 228229230  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic