Forum > General discussions > Rumours > Sony Xperia Rumours 2019

Previous  123 ... 181920 ... 228229230  Next
Author Sony Xperia Rumours 2019
Archdragoon
Sony Xperia Z5
PM
Posted: 2018-11-01 01:30
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Somehow I agree with atom-bomb. When I complain SONY about using low quality lens which come with ridiculous distortion there's some blind fanboy call me a troll lol. Absolutely nonsense.

I wish I will be able to see the one worthy Xperia flagship in 2020 and hope it will be available in SEA again
Device : Xperia 1 II
Headphone : MDR-M1ST + MUC-S12SB1, ATH-DSR9BT, WH-1000XM4
DAC/AMP : PHA-2A
Lonewolf223
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2018-11-01 06:58
Sony has got some blind fanboys who cannot understand the current situation of the mobile division in the market.

They are simply playing catch up with the competiton and is lagging heavily in design and exclusive features..
Moe87
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2018-11-01 09:11

Except LG, all use plastic lenses.
Distortion is the angle of the lenses.
22mm has more than 24mm, 24 has more than 26, 26 has more than 30.
For example it is the reason LG changed from G5 to G6, the UWA of G5 was 8mm and it had strong fish eye effect.
With lenses 20-26 you will see a bit in the center and more on the edges. It is also the reason of CORNER SOFTNESS...
Software can hide a bit, but can't get rid of it.
It's often seen on these wider selfies.

All phones have corner softness, it's no an excuse.
That's fact. HMD /Zeiss same story.

https://photographylife.com/what-is-distortion/amp

Archdragoon
Sony Xperia Z5
PM
Posted: 2018-11-01 11:49

On 2018-11-01 09:11:04, Moe87 wrote:

Except LG, all use plastic lenses.
Distortion is the angle of the lenses.
22mm has more than 24mm, 24 has more than 26, 26 has more than 30.
For example it is the reason LG changed from G5 to G6, the UWA of G5 was 8mm and it had strong fish eye effect.
With lenses 20-26 you will see a bit in the center and more on the edges. It is also the reason of CORNER SOFTNESS...
Software can hide a bit, but can't get rid of it.
It's often seen on these wider selfies.

All phones have corner softness, it's no an excuse.
That's fact. HMD /Zeiss same story.

https://photographylife.com/what-is-distortion/amp

So you don't know that distortion of Xperia is strange and different from other phone ?

Take a look on wide angle camera of Mate 20 pro and compare with Xperia. I think you could see the difference.

BTW I attach the evidence take with my XZ1 here.
[ This Message was edited by: Archdragoon on 2018-11-01 10:53 ]
Moe87
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2018-11-01 13:17
Lenses have few different shapes.
There are more rectilinear elements while other are spherical.
I remember to read that Mate 20 UWA has more rectilinear lenses to minimize distortion.

It is a matter of type, not lenses being cheap.
Cheap lenses would heavily affect IQ.

" The amount of distortion can vary, depending on camera to subject distance. Even standard 50mm prime lenses can potentially yield barrel distortion at close distances ".

This is exactly was what seen last year couple weeks after XZ Premium was out. If you take photos of house, buildings, traffic etc the distortion was barely noticed, but shots of stuff like keyboard, bathroom tiles or closet doors can easily show much more distortion.

Sony has used 24 and 25 mm, Asus has 24mm, Samsung has 26mm, Google has 26 or 27.
Apple this year is using a wider compared to X.
Most use between 27-30mm.
Speaking about the main camera only.

Back in 2016 Samsung had to give update for S7 because of distortion. It is 100% integrated to software, not like Sony you can switch on/off.

Xz2/XZ3 have different lenses compared to Xz1. They are new.

The only things Sony can do are : bit different shape like Mate 20 UWA or decrease angle few degrees.

I think 25mm is too wide already, annoying sometimes. Last year during a field class I tried to take photos of monkeys that were like 6yards from me. They looked so small on the photo. Digital zoom sucks...

Sadly, the distortion is physical issue. Corner softness could be gone if AF area could cover 100% of the scene. A9 has 93%, they will be there in a few years.
badassmam
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2018-11-01 15:01
@Archdragoon

Stop trolling, the fire is melting your laptop and this has nothing to do with the lens.
Archdragoon
Sony Xperia Z5
PM
Posted: 2018-11-01 15:11
Oops
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2018-11-01 15:26
ahahaha...

sony needs to step it up. keeping a single camera is not a problem if you can still produce amazing results like the pixel 3. no one will complain if that's the case. but if your software is lacking, you need to make up for it with hardware.

sony needs to be smart if they want to continue in the phone business. it's not enough for them to produce a solid device. they need to produce a WOW device. they may not think it's necessary to put 8gb of ram, 4K OLED, dual camera, etc etc into their phone but they should anyway and then price it 10% cheaper than the latest galaxy. Sure, it'll be more expensive to produce but they'll make it the money with increased sales volume.

no matter waht they do, they need to recognize what they've been doing hasn't been good enough and they need to take some chances. be radical. be truly innovative like the sony of old. otherwise, there won't be much of a sony mobile business in 5 years.
moogoo
Nokia 5160 -> Nokia 8260 -> SE T68i -> SE K700i -> SE Z710 -> SE Xperia X10a -> Sony Xperia S -> Sony Xperia Z1 -> Sony Xperia XZ -> Sony Xperia XZ Premium -> Sony Xperia 1ii
atom-bomb
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2018-11-01 17:01
Fans like Moe87 is the part of the sony mobile problem. They act like they know better than everyone and blame everyone except sony mobile for their continuous failing. Sony didn't have a single impressive phone since z3/z3c. Finally we got, XZ3 which is quite good but quite behind other industry leader in android world like new mate series phone from huawei and note series from samsung. They are better than sony in almost every category.

Sony mobile continues to sell less phone each quarter becasue they release unimpressive phone each time. It's that simple. I wait long enough for sony to release then move onto other brands. The disasterous quarter implies that many moved on to other brand as well.

It's about time people start bashing these "know it all" type fanboys. They know $hit and their continous defending is totally sicking.
-XYZ
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2018-11-01 21:25

On 2018-11-01 06:58:30, Lonewolf223 wrote:
Sony has got some blind fanboys who cannot understand the current situation of the mobile division in the market.

They are simply playing catch up with the competiton and is lagging heavily in design and exclusive features..

Yep.
Sony aren't putting as much money into their mobile division as they used to. Means they aren't making as much money. Simple.

I personally think its not a bad idea in theory. If the investment is relatively low, then the barrier to financial success is that much lower too. Issue is, I think they have their overall mobile strategy wrong.
They're producing too many smartphones - specifically too many mid/low end phones. It makes no sense?
Why are they putting valuable R&D dollars into low-margin phones that get destroyed by Chinese competition? They should reinvest that money and just produce one phone (in 2, maybe three different sizes). That one model should be a high-end, high-margin flagship.

I've said this time and time again.

I personally also think they should maybe invest in silicon like Apple has. Apple are pushing boundaries with their processors. Its time someone other than Intel, AMD, Qualcomm entered the race, cause nobody besides AMD are really trying.
[ This Message was edited by: -XYZ on 2018-11-01 20:32 ]
skyXperia
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2018-11-02 00:27
Wait. You mean building up a team or buying from outside. Silicon industry is hard to be success. It takes quite couples of years for a New cpu structure.

For me, Z5 and XZ1 are quite impressive.
ascariss
Sony Xperia Z3
PM
Posted: 2018-11-02 03:04
Apple doesn't manufacture their own chips, they just design them.
Lonewolf223
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2018-11-02 05:31
Agree with xyz

Sony should adopt a strategy like apple
And release 2 flagships in one year.
One being the premium and the other one should be the regular one
Ylli
Sony Xperia X Performance
PM
Posted: 2018-11-02 16:53
A missed opportunity i think They celebrate "10 amazing years of Xperia" in Xperia Lounge but instead they should have gone balls out and realese an 10th anniversary device that no one would have expect from them. [img]//www.esato.com/board/img.php?id=161090[/img]
bronxdude
Sony Xperia Z5 Premium
PM
Posted: 2018-11-02 18:37

On 2018-11-02 16:53:48, Ylli wrote:
A missed opportunity i think They celebrate "10 amazing years of Xperia" in Xperia Lounge but instead they should have gone balls out and realese an 10th anniversary device that no one would have expect from them.

I agree
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 181920 ... 228229230  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic