Forum > General discussions > Rumours > Sony Xperia Rumours 2019

Previous  123 ... 135136137 ... 228229230  Next
Author Sony Xperia Rumours 2019
tai020381
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2019-02-23 13:29
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Hoping their new OLED consume much less power yet produce same if not better brightness and sunlight legibility same or better than XZ 3. Then together with SD 855 and android 9 the software will consume even less ram (around 50 percent less, to make processes even smoother and yet not lag) then will the phone last above 100 hours in gsmarena phone battery life test ~
Hawk12
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2019-02-23 14:16
$600 is impossible in the beggining.
Samsung A series passed $500 last year.

After a while, devices drop to $500 and ppl dont buy anyway.
Two days ago xz3 was €499 ( Germany or France, I dont remember).
Many ppl buy phones from last year or older because of price.

Few weeks ago I got notification of blue xz1 very cheap, same price ppl pay for Motorola One.

@Alvin .... V series gives controls of shutter speed, audio settings etc ... I watched on dpreview an explanation that in faster shutter makes videos better.

@Tai P20 Pro with 4000mAh + 1080p could not reach 100h. Even with UI running 1080p , the 4K vids spends lots of power. No way it will pass 82h.
If the screen is 4K, higher ppi makes harder to push brightess. XZ2P with wrgb like G7 cant reach same levels. Oled lasts more when kept below 450 bits.
[ This Message was edited by: Hawk12 on 2019-02-23 13:23 ]
nikola1970
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2019-02-23 15:12
Why is it impossible? How is it possible for Xiaomi? Why do they want the 150% profit per unit? Greed is not good, especially when you as a brand are as low as possible nowadays.
[ This Message was edited by: nikola1970 on 2019-02-23 14:13 ]
Hawk12
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2019-02-23 15:52
Xiaomi does not have operations in many countries like other brands.
No costumer services all over the globe.
Factories in India help to reduce price. Cheaper than China.
UI with adds.
We still do not know if they hand over user data ( like Huawei and Zte are being accused)
Many phones out of China/India sold only online.
Local suppliers are cheaper.
Xiaomi is always copying other brands, it is cheaper than doing new stuff.
Xiaomi has other business too, they dont care if they lose money with phones. They care more about sales than money.
Having employees from USA, Japan, Korea, Taiwan etc costs a lot, mainly if they live in those places.
No IP rating ( hardware and certification), no stereo , no HDR screen help to cut costs
They update MiUI but barely gives new android version.
Low ends lack nfc and usb c

Why Vivo, Oppo and Huawei dont have $550 flagship?
Vivo X20+ UD ( first with IS-FPS) was $650 with SD660 and micro usb.

About Honor phones, all parts have downgrade compared to P series...
Audio, software, updates, screen etc ....

When XZ2P was out, in some asian countries the device was $750. While most markets got it for $1000.
In many countries Xperia cost less than Galaxy S, LG G, HTC U and iphones.
Xperia has many stuff that come from other Sony divisions.

How many stuff were brought to mobile by Nokia, Sony, LG, Htc and Motorola?
Now, how many by xiaomi? Probably zero ....
I still dont know why they got the credits for the design they copied from Sharp Crystal.

If you read about the devices with high SAR , there are always many xiaomi devices.

badassmam
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2019-02-23 18:17
Sony needs to make a profit so if they sell 10 £100 phones they make £1000 but when they struggle to sell in large numbers, then go straight to selling few numbers at high price as the probability is greater to sell one phone at £1000. It is what it is. The Nokia 9 will have a number of compromises at a lower price.
Nevewolf
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2019-02-23 18:33
Chinese brands can offer cheaper products because they do not offer you intellectual property technologies, you can not buy an Xperia with the price of a Xiaomi, it is impossible, Sony hardware and software are at a higher level, it is ridiculous to believe that they costs same.
S4k1s
Sony Xperia Z5
PM
Posted: 2019-02-23 18:45

On 2019-02-23 15:52:14, Hawk12 wrote:
Xiaomi does not have operations in many countries like other brands.
No costumer services all over the globe.
Factories in India help to reduce price. Cheaper than China.
UI with adds.
We still do not know if they hand over user data ( like Huawei and Zte are being accused)
Many phones out of China/India sold only online.
Local suppliers are cheaper.
Xiaomi is always copying other brands, it is cheaper than doing new stuff.
Xiaomi has other business too, they dont care if they lose money with phones. They care more about sales than money.
Having employees from USA, Japan, Korea, Taiwan etc costs a lot, mainly if they live in those places.
No IP rating ( hardware and certification), no stereo , no HDR screen help to cut costs
They update MiUI but barely gives new android version.
Low ends lack nfc and usb c

Why Vivo, Oppo and Huawei dont have $550 flagship?
Vivo X20+ UD ( first with IS-FPS) was $650 with SD660 and micro usb.

About Honor phones, all parts have downgrade compared to P series...
Audio, software, updates, screen etc ....

When XZ2P was out, in some asian countries the device was $750. While most markets got it for $1000.
In many countries Xperia cost less than Galaxy S, LG G, HTC U and iphones.
Xperia has many stuff that come from other Sony divisions.

How many stuff were brought to mobile by Nokia, Sony, LG, Htc and Motorola?
Now, how many by xiaomi? Probably zero ....
I still dont know why they got the credits for the design they copied from Sharp Crystal.

If you read about the devices with high SAR , there are always many xiaomi devices.

Well said.
badassmam
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2019-02-23 21:44
The is a day and night difference in quality between the Chinese brands and established brands. Price is the biggest appeal more than anything else.

I played with the S10+, I like the UI style (no so much the icons) but the approach is great because I think this stock Android is nonsense now because Google are going for the Apple look. The S10 has a proper dark mode built in, no need to wait for Google to implement some grey mode then try and pass it off as dark. The One UI looks very different and I can see Samsung opening it up to be themed nicely. I think Sony needs to not stick too closely to stock, Google UI is functional but ugly these days.
nikola1970
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2019-02-23 21:55

On 2019-02-23 21:44:13, badassmam wrote:
The is a day and night difference in quality between the Chinese brands and established brands.

Sorry, but this is total bullshit. I do not defend Chinese brands as I am primarily Sony fan, but it's just far from being the truth.
[ This Message was edited by: nikola1970 on 2019-02-23 20:56 ]
badassmam
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2019-02-23 22:34
Bro, you get what you pay for 100% and a even if the Nokia 9 is the rumoured low price there will be compromises. The idea that Sony could cut their prices so much and then miraculously become a major player again is not true. Selling their phones at lower price will not help, they need to make their phones better than their competitors in every aspect from battery life, camera, design, performance, software, updates and there hasn't been the case in a very long time, in fact it hasn't happened since sales started to decline.
badassmam
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2019-02-23 23:19
Tony, how far along development was the Xperia gaming device? Did they make any prototypes?
XperiaJunkie
Sony Xperia Z
PM, WWW
Posted: 2019-02-23 23:41
Sony have been working extensively with YouTube, Netflix and Amazon Prime to minimise stretching of on screen content on the new devices. A software update for YouTube will be available before launch which will implement this feature before the phones are even in your hands with Netflix and Prime working on the update shortly after the device is released.
I'm so happy 'cause today
I've found my friends ...
They're in my head
AlvinZahranM
T250 Silver
PM
Posted: 2019-02-24 00:57
I think the specs and renders shared by 91mobiles are true (including the 3300 mAh battery and dark grey colour).

I also heard that the bottom bezel of Xperia 1 is actually much thinner than the one evleaks shared (similar to Xperia 10, maybe?), like this one (shared by Zackbuks)

--------

I hope they'll bring their signature blue/green-ish colour back.
[ This Message was edited by: AlvinZahranM on 2019-02-24 00:17 ]
Daily Drivers: Galaxy S23 Ultra, Galaxy S22 Ultra, and iPhone 14 Pro Max
Secondary: vivo X80 Pro
Still using as a backup: Xperia XZ2
Still using (not as much): Galaxy Tab A 8.0
Madmiraj_-
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2019-02-24 01:19
It is really absurd comparing chinese flagships with Flagships from Sony, Samsung or Apple or even HTC.. The thing is, chinese flagships are what they are, cheaper version of mainstream flagships.. They do cut corners.. The recently announced Mi9 for example.. It has the basic requirements of a flagship only.. Triple camera? 48 mp. Well other manufacturers are using that same thing in their midrangers.. As for DxO markings, we all know how it is.. I myself have two Xiaomi phones and a huawei.. I can tell that the camera is not mind boggling.. Far from that actually.. Also those flagships don't have waterproofing, no 4k Oled.. No good optimisation.. MiUi 10 is good, but ads!!
Also Sony and others have a much larger workforce.. They have to pay to more people and their parts are costly too.. So we can't just expect sony or samsung to sell their high ends for 500 bucks..

@Alvin I know that the specs are true.. But about the design? I don't think there's much left to speculate about the design.. Evan Blass is a terrific leaker.. He doesn't leak false things.. The fact that he tweeted that is enough.. He is somewhat excited too.. And that excites me.. Like tony excited me.. Last year and the year before, Evan criticized Sony.. But this year he sorta defended them.. So let's hope for the best.
MyP910
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2019-02-24 03:56
I like what I heard/seen so far. Looking forward to upgrade my phone.

Does it come with wireless charging?
Ericsson t10, T310, P800, S600, P910, P990, SEX1, SEX10, SEXArc, XZ, XZ1
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 135136137 ... 228229230  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic