I had a similar opinion on reading it
They are apple ass lickers anyway
Nowadays they praise the pixels phones quite a lot Idk why
AlvinZahranM
T250 Silver
PM
Posted: 2019-02-14 04:58
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I thought they're also overhauling their mid-range phones just by seeing the 21:9 display and dual camera, it turns out those are the only changes about both phones. The rest is a combination of disappointment and pure stupidity.

No one's going to buy those s***ty mid-range phones anyway. I don't think we should get excited for MWC anyway, it will only bring disappointment and headache when we're facing the reality.

Those old grandpas need to be replaced.
Daily Drivers: Galaxy S23 Ultra, Galaxy S22 Ultra, and iPhone 14 Pro Max
Secondary: vivo X80 Pro
Still using as a backup: Xperia XZ2
Still using (not as much): Galaxy Tab A 8.0
Hawk12
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2019-02-14 06:13
About the colors...

Between 2013-2015 the most used were black, white and purple.
As much as I like copper, I would not call it classic.
Besides M2, E3, Z3 and Z4 I dont remember other devices.

I hope it is not coral.

Years ago I almost bought E1. So cute phone.
Front and side are exactly like Z1.
I wanted the white.

nikola1970
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2019-02-14 06:15

On 2019-02-14 04:58:46, AlvinZahranM wrote:

No one's going to buy those s***ty mid-range phones anyway. I don't think we should get excited for MWC anyway, it will only bring disappointment and headache when we're facing the reality.

Of course... Only MWC where Sony surprised was with Z2, all other were shit shows, always disappointment at the end. I have no doubt that this one will be the same. Few gimmicky "buzzwords" for the new flagship which no one will care for, and overpriced for sure.
[ This Message was edited by: nikola1970 on 2019-02-14 05:16 ]
AlvinZahranM
T250 Silver
PM
Posted: 2019-02-14 06:55

On 2019-02-14 06:15:10, nikola1970 wrote:

On 2019-02-14 04:58:46, AlvinZahranM wrote:

Of course... Only MWC where Sony surprised was with Z2, all other were shit shows, always disappointment at the end. I have no doubt that this one will be the same. Few gimmicky "buzzwords" for the new flagship which no one will care for, and overpriced for sure.
[ This Message was edited by: nikola1970 on 2019-02-14 05:16 ]

I'm not even surprised when they launched Z2 at MWC 2014. Mediocrity have always been their speciality each year.

They've been very disappointing and I've experienced four stages since 5 years ago. 2014-2015: it's okay, maybe next year they'll bring something great, 2016-2017: what are they doing? They're going to do better next year, for sure, 2018: *defending sony almost all the time, like a blinded fanboy*, 2019: completely fed up.

Digitaltrends once interviewed Sony's Don Mesa at CES last month, and he said:
“We’ve been undergoing a lot of change,”
"Every component of our business has been touched."
“We are going to be announcing products at MWC,”
“What we present there will be a first step showing the direction we are going.”

And that's what you called 'a lot of change'?

They've changed the head of development team (he comes from Sony's camera division) so this year, their cameras might get better. But that's still not enough, look at those chinese phones out there!
Ppl
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2019-02-14 08:24
Didn't xa2+ have 6 gigs of ram? Now the 10+ will have 4? Interesting.

The qualcomm xa's cams were worse than mtk ones. I don't know why Sony's cam algorithms clashed with qualcomm's for years. Maybe they changed the cams but they use the isp better this time.

The back of the devices seem like xz1c's, it was fiber glass right?

What are other big names are offering at those price points? Even though specs are underwhelming I'm not really surprised by their pricing.
xpr
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2019-02-14 08:34
It's funny to see how people start judging and jumping to conclusions based on....well, nothing.
Vipera ammodytes
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2019-02-14 10:20
Anyone seen the shitty specs of the midranges?

1) SD630, 3Gb, 2870mAh, 13MP ( I bet it is the awful 1/3.06" sensor used by XA) + 5MP , 8MP selfie... €349,00

2) SD660, 4Gb, 64Gb, 12MP + 10MP, 8MP selfie .... €429,00

They will sell no more then 100 phones for this prices

For this prices you can get at least ten models with flagship level specs from other companies...
OnePlus 8
Lonewolf223
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2019-02-14 10:41
I think we should not expect anything ground breaking from sony anymore... I am sure they are not capable to realease a strong flagship with all the bells and whistles

They are just maintaining their mobile division just for the sake of it and arent expecting any profit from it.
The executives at sony were stubborn and didnt act when it mattered and got the mobile division into this doom.They cant reach the level that they have set in our minds anymore
AlvinZahranM
T250 Silver
PM
Posted: 2019-02-14 10:58
They have a great (I really mean great) opportunity last year, when the MWC was so boring and the momentum is perfect to launch an overhauled, redesigned, and much much better phone at every aspect rather than what they launched last year.

Too bad they weren't doing anything. The impact is huge, their image and reputation was and is still bad. They have to build something new by scratch, and try to take back their old customers and earn new customers. That's not an easy task for Sony. Now good luck selling even 2 million phones in a year.

I'm still glad that Sony's fanbase is stronger than those 'almost extinct' and even some big companies. But their fanbase can't do a single thing, only Sony could.
[ This Message was edited by: AlvinZahranM on 2019-02-14 10:02 ]
Ppl
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2019-02-14 11:21
Rumored price of pixel 3 lite is over 500 dollars, you shouldn't compare with Xiaomi and the likes. That way you'd need a flagship at $300-$500.

I'm not expecting too much already. They accepted defeat in smartphone era. They said they are waiting for the next big thing.

Regarding xz4, we have a pretty good idea of what it'll be. And I don't think it'll be behind at least the regular S10.
badassmam
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2019-02-14 12:47
So much passion in the comments but lets be real here, Sony will deliver a phone that is on par with all other flagships. The performance, camera and what not will be near the top. The quality of a flagship Sony will always be miles ahead of the Chinese brands, software too. Its usually the fine details that will decide these battles so Huawei only really made a name because of the camera even though a lot of people would argue that its not great. They made it look nice, marketed it well and they're riding their wave but the S9+ actually outperformed it in every aspect. Sony stuck with a single camera and gave it that turd like design so it was instantly out of the running regardless of how well they actually performed. Its the fine details that Sony should work on.

I've been saying it for ages but watch the S10E become a hit, its a blatant Xperia Compact copy but its going to have minimal bezels, dual camera and most likely the top hardware. Its taking Samsung a single attempt to do it and they'll probably nail it while we had to endue the monstrosity that was the XZ2 Compact. The XA3 range will be garbage, no doubt about it so I don't see anyone buying it. The flagships are crucial, just fooking focus on Compact, Regular and Premium and deliver in every department. OnePlus makes one two models each year and is doing pretty damn good. If Compact users have no decent upgrade this year, I see many going for the S10E because there is an alternative now. Sony have only themselves to blame for this mess. The XA3 is disgusting in every aspect, consider that a flop.
Hawk12
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2019-02-14 12:53
I think LG G8 works like Bravia Oled .....
AlvinZahranM
T250 Silver
PM
Posted: 2019-02-14 13:19

On 2019-02-14 12:47:24, badassmam wrote:
So much passion in the comments but lets be real here, Sony will deliver a phone that is on par with all other flagships. The performance, camera and what not will be near the top. The quality of a flagship Sony will always be miles ahead of the Chinese brands, software too. Its usually the fine details that will decide these battles so Huawei only really made a name because of the camera even though a lot of people would argue that its not great. They made it look nice, marketed it well and they're riding their wave but the S9+ actually outperformed it in every aspect. Sony stuck with a single camera and gave it that turd like design so it was instantly out of the running regardless of how well they actually performed. Its the fine details that Sony should work on.

I've been saying it for ages but watch the S10E become a hit, its a blatant Xperia Compact copy but its going to have minimal bezels, dual camera and most likely the top hardware. Its taking Samsung a single attempt to do it and they'll probably nail it while we had to endue the monstrosity that was the XZ2 Compact. The XA3 range will be garbage, no doubt about it so I don't see anyone buying it. The flagships are crucial, just fooking focus on Compact, Regular and Premium and deliver in every department. OnePlus makes one two models each year and is doing pretty damn good. If Compact users have no decent upgrade this year, I see many going for the S10E because there is an alternative now. Sony have only themselves to blame for this mess. The XA3 is disgusting in every aspect, consider that a flop.

I'm going to mark your words about this year's flagship then. Maybe I'll be excited once someone leaked XZ4/whatever it'll be called. But really, are you that sure about the next flagship?

I already knew S10e will be a hit, just like iPhone XR. That's only if sony didn't do something about XZ4c.
badassmam
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2019-02-14 14:53
@Alvin

For me XZ4 is great but I think it's too big for me since I use my phone for work more than video or media. Ideally a small phone with headphone jack, great battery and smooth performance is all I need.

Sony fans will like XZ4 but do Sony fans want too much?
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 113114115 ... 228229230  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic