Previous  123 ... 347348349 ... 385386387  Next
Author Sony Xperia Rumours 2018
Moe87
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2018-08-01 00:41
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
@bad

I have no idea why Sony is using polycarbonate instead of glass on Compact.
But I remember many users saying :
- Glass of my Z3c cracked in my pocket.
- Glass cracked because phone gets hot

Maybe this is why there was no glass phone in 2016 and just one in 2017.

Bonus: for those who like Sony TVs, Zackbuks posted some stuff about Z9F and A9F
[ This Message was edited by: Moe87 on 2018-07-31 23:52 ]
ascariss
Sony Xperia Z3
PM
Posted: 2018-08-01 01:36
So about a month to go until IFA.

AlvinZahranM
T250 Silver
PM
Posted: 2018-08-01 02:39
Sony's sickness: announcing products much earlier than one of the biggest tech shows on the planet, just because they wanted to make the press conference ends as soon as possible. Seriously, people want new stuff.

I'll not be surprised if they'll announce XZ3 before IFA.
Daily Drivers: Galaxy S23 Ultra, Galaxy S22 Ultra, and iPhone 14 Pro Max
Secondary: vivo X80 Pro
Still using as a backup: Xperia XZ2
Still using (not as much): Galaxy Tab A 8.0
ascariss
Sony Xperia Z3
PM
Posted: 2018-08-01 04:42
They still have a press conference at IFA on the 30th

https://b2b.ifa-berlin.com/Press/PressConferences/index.jsp
hgautam
Sony Xperia X Performance
PM
Posted: 2018-08-01 08:37
Guys please don't be blinded sony fanboys.... I am as big a sony fan as anyone else here but some of you defend sony like they are a dozen time superior than everyone else.... Have a reality check, if that was the case sony wouldn't be so down in sales. Infact, Sony also have the same problem...

At the minimum show some level of respect and decency in ur replies while defending sony....

Lonewolf223
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2018-08-01 09:55
Yes these people defend as if sony is the number 1 smartphone maker.
I am waiting to buy a flagship and have been waiting for a long while, i bought a low range phone to use it until sony releases something worthwhile.

I am telling my views on Sony as i dont want them to stop mobile business, nothing else.

Z2 was the last phone from sony which was undoubtedly the best phone in it's time.

It was simply ahead of it's time
But sony didn't wanted to grow from there.
The display
Design
Performance
Battery
Camera
Everything was class leading
Sony was just stagnant in the following years.

I was a samsung fan for a long time.
I was planning on getting galaxy s5 and then i read about z2.
It was not as popular as s5.
I went for z2 mainly because of its design, camera and battery life.
Although it lacked the removable battery and fps.

My z2 worked perfectly for 2 years and its display broke.
Then i went on to use other lg and Samsung flagships.

And for me the best software experience i have had in a phone is from sony.
Its fast, never lags, has great media apps( still use sony apps on my current phone). It makes a great difference in user experience.
Sony should make a phone that is appealing to the average user.
If they find some reason to buy it, i am sure they will stick on with sony.
I just tried sony product once and i am convinced they can do a lot better.

There is no point in making phones that cannot produce enough sales.
[ This Message was edited by: Lonewolf223 on 2018-08-01 09:06 ]
xpr
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2018-08-01 11:32

On 2018-08-01 08:37:01, hgautam wrote:
Guys please don't be blinded sony fanboys.... I am as big a sony fan as anyone else here but some of you defend sony like they are a dozen time superior than everyone else.... Have a reality check, if that was the case sony wouldn't be so down in sales. Infact, Sony also have the same problem...

At the minimum show some level of respect and decency in ur replies while defending sony....

Sales have little to do with quality. People would happily pay for garbage as long as you convince them it's a good product. That's marketing and I believe that is Sony's main weakness.

Xperias are better than ever. Even the reviewers find less things to bitch about.
Moe87
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2018-08-01 11:33
Posted by Buks: " Combining the best features and appearances. More evolutionary Xperia Ambient Flow Fluid surface design. Stay tuned IFA 2018"

Z2 was better than X2, G3 or S5. But could not sell more.
[ This Message was edited by: Moe87 on 2018-08-01 10:35 ]
hgautam
PM
Posted: 2018-08-01 13:32

On 2018-08-01 11:32:24, xpr wrote:

On 2018-08-01 08:37:01, hgautam wrote:

Sales have little to do with quality. People would happily pay for garbage as long as you convince them it's a good product. That's marketing and I believe that is Sony's main weakness.

Xperias are better than ever. Even the reviewers find less things to bitch about.

Agree marketing is thier main weakness... But that doesn't mean everyone will buy what sony is offering. We fans are also not buying and are waiting for something worthy to upgrade. Yes current xperia are better than ever but they are lacking in many things more than ever.
hgautam
PM
Posted: 2018-08-01 13:46

On 2018-08-01 09:55:18, Lonewolf223 wrote:
Yes these people defend as if sony is the number 1 smartphone maker.
I am waiting to buy a flagship and have been waiting for a long while, i bought a low range phone to use it until sony releases something worthwhile.

I am telling my views on Sony as i dont want them to stop mobile business, nothing else.

Z2 was the last phone from sony which was undoubtedly the best phone in it's time.

It was simply ahead of it's time
But sony didn't wanted to grow from there.
The display
Design
Performance
Battery
Camera
Everything was class leading
Sony was just stagnant in the following years.

Exactly my words too... That's all 200% correct.

On 2018-08-01 09:55:18, Lonewolf223 wrote:

There is no point in making phones that cannot produce enough sales.

^^^ That's for you HxH... Your not even in minority who think sony are completely right with their phones.

Even without marketing Sony has enough fans to keep mobile business profitable. But as they themselves have realized they are lacking behind competitors....
xpr
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2018-08-01 13:48
Sony doesn't follow short term trends and stuff like that, so they could not be number 1 in terms of sales (nor do they want to), but there's no denying that there's a lot of work to be done in the marketing department.
badassmam
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2018-08-01 15:39
Marketing is a major factor but they don't have a budget for that so they should try something a little different. Take the Huawei P20 range, they push the triple camera yes but the truth is that for three cameras the results are not better than a dual camera or the single XZ2 camera except for night shots. That maybe one thing but the design was the main selling point. As much as the notch is hated, people like it and iPhone X proves that. The P20 looks like iPhone X but they add the bling colours on the back and it catches your eye straight away. People even overlook the processor and no waterproofing because at the very least, it looks great. If you're selling at a high price point, it has to look amazing and if it means that the stereo speakers disappear for a full edge to edge display then go for it.

People hate on the notch but its selling and I like to think that its an opportunity to add some clever software. I saw a concept of splitting the pull down bar either side of the notch and it looked great, they had the information condensed vertically which worked well with the long aspect ratio. Opportunities for bright ideas and innovation. And what about the other tricks lets say? Cut the stereo speakers then give us a high end headset in the box to sweeten the deal; don't remove the jack then give a 3.5mm headset in the box with a stupid adaptor.

I say make a beautiful phone and watch the sales rack up rather than make an amazing but ugly phone.
Moe87
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2018-08-01 15:55
Except iphone X, notched phones just succeed in China.
Anything that looks like an iphone will sell easily there.
Huawei, Vivo and Xiaomi have tons of phones that look like X, 6s or 7+.
Lonewolf223
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2018-08-01 18:39
The p20 series have some decent sales i think.
Sony still has many loyal followers which keeps the mobile division barely going.
But the company is very adamant in accepting the current trends.

I am not a fan of notches, many people here puts the blame on the 1/2.3 inch sensor on the Xperia to be the main limiting factor which takes up huge space.. So the question is.. Is that sensor really worth it?

Sony is using this sensor for quite a while now.. Still it is only one of the best in the market and not an industry leader excpet the dual camera in the xz2 premium, which is one another level.

The xz2 single camera is up there with the top in terms of quality.

I think sony should use a smaller sensor and implement ois and try to extract better images like other oem's, what are the other stuff that take up a lot of space in the phone?
The dvs is not a game changing feature ,still it takes up space and they omitted the headphone jack for whatever reason freeing up some space if any 😅

The curved back dont help in efficient use of space, the old design permitted stuff to be held together in a compact manner. In many videos the reviewers pointed out that there was plenty of unused space in xz2. By efficient use of space i think they can put in about 4k mah battery, and believe me - physical battery size is a big factor for many people. Sony is also the best in terms of battery life, so with such physical capacities their phones would have the highest standby of any flagship out there.

I am tired of giving examples
But here is another one
Honor note 10 : 230g 6.95" 5000mah 177x87x7.7mm
Xz2 premium :236g 5.8" 3540mah
158x80x11.9

Also lcd panels are heavier and take up more space, high time sony adopted oled technology.

I only want sony to improve nothing else.
[ This Message was edited by: Lonewolf223 on 2018-08-01 17:40 ]
pigletsquid
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2018-08-01 20:17

On 2018-08-01 11:33:50, Moe87 wrote:
Posted by Buks: " Combining the best features and appearances. More evolutionary Xperia Ambient Flow Fluid surface design. Stay tuned IFA 2018"

[ This Message was edited by: Moe87 on 2018-08-01 10:35 ]

Sounds like he is just describing the OnLeaks render Although "best features", not sure what that is referring to, as surely best feature would be the dual cam...
[ This Message was edited by: pigletsquid on 2018-08-01 19:18 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 347348349 ... 385386387  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic