Add to Bookmarks
Previous  123 ... 299300301 ... 385386387  Next
Author Sony Xperia Rumours 2018
pigletsquid
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2018-06-10 01:42
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Maybe it's because the XZ2 Premium/dual cam wasn't ready at announcement. Although that brings the question of why they didn't just wait and announce it at IFA when it was ready? There wasn't really any need for them to announce it when they did.
badassmam
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2018-06-10 13:49

This is what I saw before MWC in the form of drawings and also plastic shape models so they had no buttons, no indications to where the FPS or cameras should go. I did this on PPT drawing to show you what I saw so do not take the details as gospel, its a very simple drawing and not to any sort of scale. The ambient flow would have been similar to the current XA2 or even the Xperia P in terms of shape, as the XZ2 has a curved top you couldn't put the cameras higher which means the FPS are also lower. It may not seem like a big deal but it makes a difference.

The Arc design I saw looked very pretty. The back had an arc shape and the ends were reminiscent of the Xperia Play which had the shoulder buttons like the L R buttons on the PS pad. Those larger areas could hold more stuff so imagine the camera sensors at the top in those larger areas. I take these as examples of designers looking to solve certain problems, the XZ2 demonstrates a design that allows them to fit in all the hardware but again, I feel that the Arc design would allow the same thing.

The ambient flow would look great after it gets refined but rather than simply refine, make some bold changes and look at old phones. I think everyone would agree that remakes of the Xperia P, Xperia Arc would be great and now in modern times, an Xperia Play because gaming is a big thing now. Imagine you playing PS4 linked games on your phone with the physical pad plus recording or uploading it live. Its a long shot but I stand by remaking the Xperia P and Arc because they would be beautiful with slim bezels.
Moe87
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2018-06-10 15:30
What if the Laser /RGB and Flash were beside camera instead?
Wouldn't allow the camera /fps to be place maybe 1cm higher?
AlvinZahranM
T250 Silver
PM
Posted: 2018-06-10 21:02

On 2018-06-10 15:30:51, Moe87 wrote:
What if the Laser /RGB and Flash were beside camera instead?
Wouldn't allow the camera /fps to be place maybe 1cm higher?

I still don't think so. XZ2's back curve looks different to XZ2c's. I think XZ2's curve is curvier than xz2c or u11. If you meant those sensors should be like in xz2c, then the xz2 would look weird, as the sensors would face sideways, not directly to the subject of the photo, when you're capturing a photo. XZ2c has flatter centre with subtle curves along the edges and corners, XZ2 is curved all around the back, no flat points at all.
[ This Message was edited by: AlvinZahranM on 2018-06-10 20:10 ]
Daily Drivers: Galaxy S23 Ultra, Galaxy S22 Ultra, and iPhone 14 Pro Max
Secondary: vivo X80 Pro
Still using as a backup: Xperia XZ2
Still using (not as much): Galaxy Tab A 8.0
pigletsquid
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2018-06-10 21:18
Flat edge like on Xperia P is a no-go if you ask me. The vast majority of OEMs use rounded corners for a reason - they're far more ergonomic and comfortable to hold, not to mention don't create holes in your pockets. (also I would imagine space in the corners is sometimes wasted anyway).
Some people prefer the look of square corners, some (I would go as far as to assume most) prefer rounded corners. But then only a subset of those who prefer the look of sharp corners would be willing to trade the aesthetics for everyday comfort. So you're left with a small minority of people who would actually buy that. I get it stands out more from other brands, but if it means it's not comfortable to use it's just not worth it.

Arc like design could be cool, but I think unlikely to happen/difficult to pull off.
Moe87
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2018-06-10 21:56
Hi Alvin, my idea is to keep sensors vertical.
Just like XZ/XZs.
But on the right or left side of camera.

I like the design of Neo V.
[ This Message was edited by: Moe87 on 2018-06-10 21:21 ]
AlvinZahranM
T250 Silver
PM
Posted: 2018-06-10 22:57
@Moe: oh I see..

@badassmam: I think I prefer Ambient Flow rather than the Xperia P-like design, if the shape really looks like that, then it will be awkward to hold, albeit the curved back. That design looks like Xperia L2, tbh.

The arc design looks good, though (if it's made correctly). They need to bring the arc design but make it curvier at the top and bottom, make the screen larger (~86% stbr) by eliminating a bit of the bottom bezel and make the side bezels look like XA series, put curved glass on the back.
[ This Message was edited by: AlvinZahranM on 2018-06-10 23:56 ]
Moe87
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2018-06-11 02:28
Looks like someone left a comment , I guess on XB, that those specs days ago of XZ2s/XZ3 are fake.
He says the only 100% true info is that the device is thinner and it is because of Oled.

AlvinZahranM
T250 Silver
PM
Posted: 2018-06-11 07:41
I don't even think that both of them are true.

First rumour is fishy because I don't think the dimension will be the same as XZ2, because it has that dual camera. If the changes are like from XZs to XZ1, then I'll believe those rumours just because they're the same phone with very small changes. But if they are adding a dual camera there, the dimension should change no matter what. Even XZs and XZ1 doesn't share a same dimension, albeit similar.

Second rumour is also bogus because I don't think Sony will adopt OLED yet, since OLED for phones are still bad, except OLED displays from S8/S9. I doubt Sony will use OLED displays from Samsung. I'd rather use a great LCD like the one on xz2 rather than bad/so-so OLEDs from Huawei, Vivo, LG, etc.
[ This Message was edited by: AlvinZahranM on 2018-06-11 06:44 ]
Ppl
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2018-06-11 12:12
Xperia P's curves were more subtle, but it still curved from top to bottom and side to side. Make the curve more prominent and round the frame voila you have Ambient Flow. The problem is that chubbiness weren't much of a thing back then because other brands were also not so thin and phones were smaller. Not to mention P's back design which was named human curvature was used by Motorola and HTC later.

Arc design however, is undoubtedly Sony. I never saw anybody else daring to copy it. That's why I think if there's a 10th year phone it should feature this design. This is just my opinion but I think Arc is the most beloved design of Sony. There's also a concept video, Xperia Arcage. Even as an amateur concept it looks nice. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=laBoCdI3-44 for the ones who wanna see it). 3D glass back with an arc would look stunning.

AF needs to remove bezels and be thin enough so it would look like a floating screen on the table. That's the only way I see it being successful.
Moe87
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2018-06-11 12:26
Asus has few oled monitors, oled from JOLED.
At the moment I more curious to know if XZ2P is coming on thursday.
HxH
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2018-06-11 13:05

On 2018-06-09 00:49:36, AlvinZahranM wrote:
HTC tried very hard with U11, U11+, and now U12+

Alvin, it is not about how much they try hard

reviewers are very likely to have cherry pick unit with less problems as possible
those media never ever told us how garbage the QC from those who suffers at all

that's why their devices get so much pump from media year after year and opposite receiving from sales.

----------------------------------

OLED is not bad, if you have invest much enough for it

iPhone X is true example
SONY x Sexy x Sleek x Solid x Stunner x Stylish : Nozomi/Kagura with Love.
Moe87
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2018-06-11 15:33
Was Aube created by Mobile or Alpha team?
Wish they could prevent other from copying..

badassmam
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2018-06-11 16:19
I think Arc will never happen. Maybe the other Xperia P design was an early idea and like the members here have highlighted, not the most ergonomic design. What I did extract from some Sony guys is that the flagships now have to be able to do something like 30 minutes 4K recording without overheating and maintain high processing performance. Perhaps a slim body compromises that which is why the S8 could only do 10 minutes of 4K, not sure about the S9 though. If this is the case then maybe the flagship needs a smaller screen to give it a smaller footprint and then have a massive plus device. Make the Premium an ultra high end device like the Note but not necessarily as a competitor.

I'm a big fan of the Compacts and always end up with one after having the main flagship, I'm alright to compromise a little but the XZ2 Compact is too ugly. I do worry that if the iPhone SE looks as good as its renders then I'd end up with one of those. I'm actually very tempted by some of the smaller notchy phones because the XZ1 Compact is tearing holes in my jeans as pigletsquid said.
Moe87
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2018-06-11 16:43
Samsung has always limited 4K. Even S5 had time limit.
S8 is thicker than xz1.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 299300301 ... 385386387  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic