Previous  123 ... 273274275 ... 385386387  Next
Author Sony Xperia Rumours 2018
ch3mn3y
Sony Xperia Z Ultra
PM, WWW
Posted: 2018-05-11 07:54
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2018-05-11 02:57:02, HxH wrote:
Regular consumer get 2 years of OS and security updates, while Enterprise cert device is on different track.

Not sure how you could compare them?

I'm more interested how Sony will recognize them?
Doesn't Enterprise devices are sam one as regular ones? There are same models, variant, regions and SI numbers.
Xajel
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2018-05-11 15:41
Enterprise usually are locked, hardened security, and usually receives major updates a little bit later as these requires more testing and verification.

If you unlocked an enterprise phone you'll loose it's security features and almost all enterprise apps will refuse to work on them, it's kinda like SafetyNet but on the OEM level, Samsung has Knox, HTC has S-On, I don't know about Sony.

With SafetyNet not passing, banking applications will refuse to work, hell even Snapchat will refuse to login.
Moe87
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2018-05-11 18:46
Hope Sony can get more deals like that one with French Police.
A new tablet with pen would be very welcome.
Best tablets around are 4:3 .
josephnero
Sony Xperia Z5
PM
Posted: 2018-05-12 11:47
Good to see some sponsored posts
https://m.androidcentral.com/[....]ore-see-and-do-sony-xperia-xz2
Moe87
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2018-05-12 11:51
AC hates Sony..
I am 😱 to see this..
josephnero
Sony Xperia Z5
PM
Posted: 2018-05-12 12:01
Really? I always found their reviews less biased than Android police and some others.I might be wrong though cause sometimes I don't really read all the details
[ This Message was edited by: josephnero on 2018-05-12 11:02 ]
Moe87
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2018-05-12 13:01
Android Central : XZ Premium review, $799 of lust and ..... disappointment

Gsmarena, PhoneArena and Android Authority like some devices and hate some devices.
Androidpit loves Z series and hate all X phones. Actually they like Samsung, Motorola , Pixel and Xiaomi only.

Can anyone do me a favor?

Favor would be to edit XZ2 photo. Both speakers same design ( XZ style).
Dual camera placed bit higher, exactly where cam sensors are.
Sensors beside cameras, on the right.

I am just curious to see how it would look if they change things for XZ3 or XZ2s , whatever will be the name.
[ This Message was edited by: Moe87 on 2018-05-12 12:22 ]
josephnero
Sony Xperia Z5
PM
Posted: 2018-05-12 13:28
I think you have seen my photoshop skills already lol so I'll pass
-XYZ
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2018-05-12 16:09
I feel as though a lot of you guys on this forum need to stop deluding yourself into believing there is some kind of agenda or bias against Sony. There isn't.
The Xperia Z3 was an extremely well received device.
The problem quite frankly, is that Sony's flagship devices just are not as good as competitor devices. They're well made and decent devices, but that's it. They're not bad, but they're unremarkable. A 6-7/10 is exactly what they deserve because they just aren't as good as the Galaxy S9, or Pixel 2 or iPhone X.
Moe87
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2018-05-12 17:24
Explain me this ...

Iphone 8 has HD screen that is not HDR. No gorilla glass on both sides.
No headphone jack, it cant record HDR 4K , lower IP rating.
No dual sim, no micro sd slot. No fast charge.
Speakers are not better than XZP nor U11.
It cant record stereo for videos. Front cam makes ppl yellow.
Battery is not even 2000mAh.

Iphone 8 = 9.2 from Phone Arena. No android has this score.
Every site gives extremely high score for iphone.

Pixel 2XL has shitty screen that is worse than a 2014 LCD and lots of bugs.
Ugly phone. Does not record stereo, no jack, lower ip67, no dual sim, no slot sd.
Even with stock android is not the fastest phone.
Without Google's logo on it, no one would buy.

The experience of one person is different from another's.
But how can the tech sites have completely different opinion if they are judging the same stuff?
One rates 8.8, another 7.5?

One site says the pics of smartphone A has wide DR, then another says it is weak.
One site says phone B can go through the day without issues, another says battery will die before 4 p.m .

No jack is a con on Sony/Htc review, but not for iphone nor pixel.
Bezels of XZP and U11 are giant, but of iphone 8+ and Moto Z Force are regular. Both taller.
No QHD is disappointing on XZ1, but Full HD is power saving on Mi 6, OP5 or P10.
Snapdragon 821 of G6 and U Ultra was big fail, but Huawei can use last year's cpu inside P series.
Sony cam app is cumbersome, weird. Other swipe too, no problem.
Sony does not sell fast charger everywhere out of box, it is a con. Samsung does not even provide QC 3.0, no problem.
In my opinion the brand does matter a lot when they write the articles.
How many times have you seen 960FPS IS GIMMICK on S9/S9+ review?
I dont know if I would use, but does not give me right to call useless or gimmick.

It is all fear of losing readers.
In my country almost all tech sites avoid to talk about Note 7 issues.
APt was ridiculous, the guy even used iphone4 signal issue to justify Samsung's epic fail.

Sorry, but if someone gives to OnePlus 5 score of 8.8, then any flagship of LG, Sony or Htc deserves 15.
They have a lot more. How can they be scored lower?
[ This Message was edited by: Moe87 on 2018-05-12 16:28 ]
-XYZ
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2018-05-12 18:12
Explain me this ...

Iphone 8 has HD screen that is not HDR. No gorilla glass on both sides.
No headphone jack, it cant record HDR 4K , lower IP rating.
No dual sim, no micro sd slot. No fast charge.
Speakers are not better than XZP nor U11.
It cant record stereo for videos. Front cam makes ppl yellow.
Battery is not even 2000mAh.

The iPhones - even the cheaper ones - have better cameras than pretty much all flagships outside the Pixel, iPhone X and Galaxy S/Note series. IP67 vs IP68 is a difference nobody will be paying attention do. I hate the removal of the headphone jack as much as anyone here, but if you want an iPhone you don't have a choice. The only iphone still available to buy with a headphone jack is the 6S, which is much worse than an iPhone 8. Battery capacity is just dick-waving, because the iPhone 8's battery life is actually very good. Why? Because iOS is very aggressive with battery management. It will force close Apps much more aggressively than android phones. Apple also have vertical integration in terms of processor design. Their Cyclone-based chips absolutely destroy Qualcomm's efforts and are relatively frugal too due to how they're designed.
Also, rather critically, the iPhone 8 isn't Apple's flagship.

Iphone 8 = 9.2 from Phone Arena. No android has this score.
Every site gives extremely high score for iphone.

As for why iPhones have higher scores on average than Android phones? Brand goodwill generated from over 10 years of quality products. Heck, they pretty much defined the modern smartphone paradigm with the original iPhone. There hasn't been a single iPhone released bar the iPhone 8 (which isn't even Apple's flagship - it is effectively their midranger now), which hasn't gone toe-to-toe with competing android phones. Software wise, Android wasn't truly competitive from an aesthetics and usability point of view until Jellybean.

Pixel 2XL has shitty screen that is worse than a 2014 LCD and lots of bugs.
Ugly phone. Does not record stereo, no jack, lower ip67, no dual sim, no slot sd.
Even with stock android is not the fastest phone.
Without Google's logo on it, no one would buy.

The Pixel 2 XL has screen lottery. It also has bar none, they single best camera experience on a smartphone available. f**k DxO mark's bullshit numbers, not even the Huawei P20 pro's software can keep up with Google's image processing algorithm. Beyond that we're looking at stock android software with the fastest updates available on any competing android phone. As good as Xperia phones have been of late with their updates - still not as quick as Google.
Besides, there is also the base Pixel 2, which doesn't have screen lottery issues. Besides, people did actually dock review points from the XL 2 for its poor screen. Its just that the overall experience of using it was so much better than any other phone, that it was worth the trade-off.

The experience of one person is different from another's.
But how can the tech sites have completely different opinion if they are judging the same stuff?
One rates 8.8, another 7.5?

This the stupidest point you've made. People give different scores for the same item because people are different. We aren't rolled out of a factory with the exact same quality controlled hardware and software. Reviews for anything are inherently subjective. Its a writer's opinion. If you want a so-called "objective" review go to GSM Arena's specification list. Reviews are written to give readers an insight as to the writers experience with the phone.

One site says the pics of smartphone A has wide DR, then another says it is weak.
One site says phone B can go through the day without issues, another says battery will die before 4 p.m .

Photography is subjective. This is why professionals don't use in-camera JPEGs, they shoot RAW and then adjust various parameters (exposure, colour, contrast, noise reduction) to suit their or their client's tastes. Battery is obvious. Each reviewer has a different use-case - one reviewer might use their phone less throughout the day than another. This is basic common sense.

The OnePlus phones cost a lot less than any Xperia. Well they used to. Either way, for much less money you could have 95% of the features of another flagship. Its spec'd close to a flagship but priced at midrange. Ergo its competing with midrange phones, which it is objectively much better than. So yes, its relative score will be higher.

No jack is a con on Sony/Htc review, but not for iphone nor pixel.

People complained about the headphone jack the first time it happened with the iPhone 7, because they took a feature away. Same thing happened with the Pixel 2, same thing happening with all the other phones which no longer have headphone jacks. Sony is not an exception here.

Bezels of XZP and U11 are giant, but of iphone 8+ and Moto Z Force are regular. Both taller.
. People complained about the bezels on the U11 alright. The iPhone 8+ isn't Apple's Flagship - the iPhone X is. And the iPhone X's bezels are much smaller than an Xperia. I don't even know what the Moto Z Force is so....

No QHD is disappointing on XZ1, but Full HD is power saving on Mi 6, OP5 or P10.
All of these phones are last year's models and much, much cheaper than the Xperia XZ2.

Snapdragon 821 of G6 and U Ultra was big fail, but Huawei can use last year's cpu inside P series.
Sony cam app is cumbersome, weird. Other swipe too, no problem.
Nobody has complained about Sony's choice of processors, so I don't know what your problem is here...
Software is a subjective issue as stated earlier - your mileage may vary.

Sony does not sell fast charger everywhere out of box, it is a con. Samsung does not even provide QC 3.0, no problem.
If you sell a device with QuickCharge 3.0, you should include a charger which can provide QuickCharge 3.0. Most people don't buy aftermarket chargers so the benefits of having QC3 is pointless unless you put it in the box. At least Samsung offer QC2 and include a QC2 charger in the box to make use of that feature.

In my opinion the brand does matter a lot when they write the articles.

Yes it does. Apple has a legendary reputation of quality. Samsung has made tangible improvements every year on their devices. If you told me in 2015 that Samsung would make a phone as beautiful as the Galaxy S8/9, I'd have laughed at you. And yet they did it. Their reputation has been on the rise. Xperia's for a long time were considered better actually. Problem is Sony hasn't innovated or improved in any meaningful way since the Xperia Z3. Other manufacturers have simply overtaken them. Their brand is stagnant.

How many times have you seen 960FPS IS GIMMICK on S9/S9+ review?
I dont know if I would use, but does not give me right to call useless or gimmick.

Nobody cares about 960fps. They mention it because it has it, but most people don't care. The fact of the matter is, the GS9's camera is better than the XZ2's. High-speed framerates do not decide people's preferences of smartphone cameras because its a niche feature most people won't ever use.
And yes, you have every right to call it a gimmick if it is outside of your use case and doesn't offer you any value. That would be your opinion and you're entitled to have one. Opinions exist separate to facts.

It is all fear of losing readers.

Is it? Why would they lose readers if they gave an Xperia a high score?

In my country almost all tech sites avoid to talk about Note 7 issues.
APt was ridiculous, the guy even used iphone4 signal issue to justify Samsung's epic fail.

People railed on Samsung for months after the Note 7 came out. But Samsung fixed the issue. Does the Note 8 have exploding batteries? No? In which case, what happened with the Note 7 is irrelevant to the discussion. Even then, if you take away the battery problem, the Note 7 was the best phone you could have bought at the time. The battery fault was down to their supplier being dumb, and them not being able to switch suppliers easily enough (supply chain and logistics is complex).

Sorry, but if someone gives to OnePlus 5 score of 8.8, then any flagship of LG, Sony or Htc deserves 15.
They have a lot more. How can they be scored lower?

By what metric? The OP5 was cheaper than all of those phones and provided 95% of all their features. It absolutely destroyed any other phone in its price range, so it got a high score. Scores are relative, not absolute. Otherwise all midrange and low-end phones would receive scores less than 5. But you can still have a 9/10 $150 phone, if its better than all other phones priced at $150.
Jeez
[ This Message was edited by: -XYZ on 2018-05-12 17:18 ]
Lonewolf223
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2018-05-12 20:24
@xyz
Dont be blind dude
Phonearena is very biased towards apple

Apple iPhone 8 vs xperia xz2 compact

The compact wipes the floor with iphone 8 on all respects
Camera, screen, waterproofing, battery, being more compact and being more faster
So stop your bullshit

Apple is nothing but overpriced
And iPhone 8 donot deserve a rating of 9+ in any way
And FYI for more accurate reviews which are less biased go visit gsmarena
Moe87
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2018-05-12 20:52
When I say FEAR OF LOSING READERS is not about Sony.
It is about pointing many CONS about Apple or Samsung.
Things they could do better and dont.
Things that are cons for others.

If A and B lack something, it cant be against just one.
If something on A is gimmick to article's writer, same thing on B cant be useful.

The Snapdragon 810 whole story.
Devices like G Flex 2, Z3+ and One M9 were completely bashed.
But the OVERHEATING POP UP that on S6 screen was ignored.
Just google this: S6 EDGE OVERHEATING.... heat even reboots the device.
Note 7 issue , something way more serious was minimized by many sites.

When you evaluate something, it is not about personal preference.
I like to use E.V negative, - 0.3 or - 0.7. It does not mean photo gets better.
I like how it looks, someone else does not.

If we use same phone, you say pics are almost noise free and I say otherwise there are 2 options.
One device is not well or one of us dont know enough about to judge.

One Plus 5 was $500. Then add HDR screen, Ingress Protection, 1 gigabit LTE, stereo speakers , high quality screen (instead of the midrange screen like A7 2016). The QC 3.0, slot for micro sd.
Costumer service all over the globe. Factories outside China ( like HTC).
Remove those adds they show on HydrogenOS because of chinese laws.
Chinese OEMs get paid for these adds..
Lets see if it will still be under $800.

How many employes Sony, LG , Htc and Samsung have in their countries?
Ppl in Korea, Japan/Sweden and Taiwan are much more expensive.
Costumer service is also expensive to keep.

Some department stores here are selling Xiaomi Mi A1 since december.
It is not official here by Xiaomi. Price was about $400.
Most of Chinese brands would never be able to keep that price they sell in China.
Years ago they brought Redmi 2, almost $300.
Redmi 3 was available in China already.

About battery of iphones.
A website here use simulate daily use to.measure battery life.
Youtube, facebook, chrome, instagram, asphalt 8 and other apps. There are cycles, each cycle they run all apps.
Each app is used during a determinated amount of minutes, more than once.

While the android flagships reach 6, 7 or more hours SoT. Also at least 3h of standby.
Iphones are always the worse. Even adding standby time between the cycles to SoT they dont reach 6h.
Moto Z2 Force with QHD and similar battery resisted much more.

List things that iphone 8 have that XZ2c does not.
And what XZ2c has that i8 lacks.
Second list is much bigger.

Iphone 8 is rated by PA above all androids. Even above iphone X.
In many countries U11 was cheaper than G6. XZP was cheaper than G6 in UK.
Same price where I live. Our G6 was 32GB.
U11 was rated by PA below OP5 and G6.
[ This Message was edited by: Moe87 on 2018-05-12 20:02 ]
HxH
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2018-05-13 03:08
Moe,

I'm okay with your subject (or rant maybe?) except when will you
stop citing company that was sold for 1.1bn but financial result yield at loss for half of it.

-----

furthermore, MicroSD is not something to bragging about

If you looking to secure your memory (pictures and videos)
it also need to buy a good reliable and of course expensive one
which would no less different price for buy extra 64/128GB phone anyway.
[ This Message was edited by: HxH on 2018-05-13 03:00 ]
SONY x Sexy x Sleek x Solid x Stunner x Stylish : Nozomi/Kagura with Love.
Moe87
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2018-05-13 15:11
https://i0.wp.com/j.gifs.com/[....]=2.549999952316284&w=680&ssl=1

It is told to be a scene from Cobra Kai.
[ This Message was edited by: Moe87 on 2018-05-13 14:12 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 273274275 ... 385386387  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic