Add to Bookmarks
Previous  123 ... 747576 ... 385386387  Next
Author Sony Xperia Rumours 2018
Moe87
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2018-01-19 16:17
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
JOLED has been selling oled screen for hospitals monitors since last year.
And they make panels for Asus now.

https://www.oled-info.com/her[....]jet-printed-oled-monitor-video

Maybe JOLED would be able to supply enough for the main Xperia.
[ This Message was edited by: Moe87 on 2018-01-19 15:21 ]
HxH
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2018-01-19 16:47
Dude, for some longtime ago Sony make those Professional OLED monitor for sell

I'm not optimistic about this.

Latest BRAVIA OLED, they use LG supplies for example,
major of LCD monitor makers also use LG but different grade/quality parts.
SONY x Sexy x Sleek x Solid x Stunner x Stylish : Nozomi/Kagura with Love.
josephnero
Sony Xperia Z5
PM
Posted: 2018-01-19 18:01
I'm with XJ in this matter. Don't think they'll go with sammy or LG. The JOLED pilotline can produce enough panels because Xperia sales aren't that high.and sharp is my second guess.
Lonewolf223
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2018-01-19 18:40
I will be very surprised if sony comes up with oled flagship
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2018-01-19 18:48
whether or not sony comes out with OLED flagship, i don't think it's a big deal. OLED still has too many problems with burn in and color shift, especially with time. i'd much rather have a quality LCD instead. In addition to potential supply problems, like with the pixel 2 xl, sony would want to avoid that kind of crap too.

Sure it would get a lot of attention to release a 4K OLED screen on their flagship, but unless the screen is flawless or at the very least comparable to samsung panels, it'll be a nightmare for them.
moogoo
Nokia 5160 -> Nokia 8260 -> SE T68i -> SE K700i -> SE Z710 -> SE Xperia X10a -> Sony Xperia S -> Sony Xperia Z1 -> Sony Xperia XZ -> Sony Xperia XZ Premium -> Sony Xperia 1ii
Lonewolf223
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2018-01-19 19:15
Samsung panels are the best out there i think.
They have managed to achieve good brightness comparable to top lcds and also the displays in Samsung flagships are perfectly calibrated.
[ This Message was edited by: Lonewolf223 on 2018-01-19 18:26 ]
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2018-01-19 20:27
i will have to disagree with "perfectly calibrated" this is extremely relative. first, samsung panels are not calibrated to a professional sRGB color standard. they are oversaturated and with high contrast. just because it is pleasing to the eye does not mean it is well calibrated.

that being said, they are the best mobile OLED panels available right now, even with inherent OLED flaws that currently exist with today's technology.

That's why, if Sony decides to go on its own with its own OLED panels, they should strive to be at least comparable to sammy panels. even better if they can make them superior. if they do decide to calibrate to sRGB, they should provide the different color scheme options in the settings like they do for LCD, along with whitebalance control too. if pixel2 had these settings, there would be no complaints.
moogoo
Nokia 5160 -> Nokia 8260 -> SE T68i -> SE K700i -> SE Z710 -> SE Xperia X10a -> Sony Xperia S -> Sony Xperia Z1 -> Sony Xperia XZ -> Sony Xperia XZ Premium -> Sony Xperia 1ii
Moe87
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2018-01-19 20:55
I do not know about midranges, but flagship Galaxy have a few modes.
You choose what you like, if yiu prefer vivid colors, more accurate etc..
I believe the saturated mode is default .
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2018-01-19 21:21
^ you're right. but most people look at the over saturated setting as the "correct" setting.

to correct what i said earlier, it seems the S8, at least, has the sRGB color gamut setting. my mistake.

In the end, with OLED in mobile, sammy is the bar. sony needs to meet it or exceed it if they want to succeed with OLEDs on their phones. 4K or not, if the quality is not as good, it will get trashed by the media and consumers and have a pixel 2 xl debaucle, which sony doesn't have the money to handle.
moogoo
Moe87
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2018-01-19 23:19
I was trying to find any new info on DVS.
But nothing new, nobody knows anything.

But there is an article on androidpit ( 1 month ago) the writer says he believes it could be a 5 axis optical that works with gyro.
He also says they would not register this if it was just an OIS.
If they did it is because it may be huge deal.

Do you guys think DVS is the mobile version of O.S.S?
[ This Message was edited by: Moe87 on 2018-01-19 22:20 ]
Lonewolf223
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2018-01-20 02:14
Samsung displays are actually pretty colour accurate. And is currently the best in the industry. Sony panels are no way near samsungs in terms of colour accuracy, check the delta e of xz premium and s8+, it is quite evident.
Nevewolf
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2018-01-20 05:56
@Moe87: I do not think DVS has anything to do with OIS, mainly because SteadyShot IA already works with the gyroscope and accelerometer.

If it were hybrid it would be "Balance Optical SteadyShot" a brand that has already been used in the Handycams, Not to mention that DVS name is a bit strange. (It sounds to me like the HD Rumble of the Switch )

And finally, if I remember correctly, the possible use in digital cameras is not specified in the patent document.
HxH
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2018-01-20 08:22
Samsung perfectly calibrated display, oh crap, not that junk DisplayMate again

Preliminary factory calibrated won't have that much level of accuracy.

On 2018-01-19 18:01:28, josephnero wrote:
I'm with XJ in this matter. Don't think they'll go with sammy or LG. The JOLED pilotline can produce enough panels because Xperia sales aren't that high.and sharp is my second guess.

According to the Nikkei Asian Review, JOLED aims to raise 100 billion Yen (almost $900 million) from Japanese companies, and it has already approached Sony, Canon, Fujifilm, Nikon and Sumitomo. If this plans fails JOLED may turn to foreign companies, including Chinese ones.

-------

TOKYO (Reuters) - Japan’s Sharp Corp is hoping to team up with its domestic rival Japan Display Inc in organic light-emitting diode (OLED) displays to catch up with South Korean manufacturers, the Nikkei business daily reported on Monday.

“Let’s gather all Japanese talents in liquid crystal displays, develop (the OLED technology) and jointly manage,” Sharp’s new CEO, Tai Jeng-wu, told the Nikkei in an interview on Monday.

Sharp and Japan Display both plan to start mass production of OLED panels in 2018, lagging far behind the likes of Samsung Display, a unit of Samsung Electronics.

Sorry to busted you mate, but really slim chance!
[ This Message was edited by: HxH on 2018-01-20 07:26 ]
josephnero
Sony Xperia Z5
PM
Posted: 2018-01-20 09:36
NP buddy but I'm well aware of this attempt by sharp.Does not mean sharp is waiting for JDI though.

reports from Japan claim that Sharp aims to begin commercial production of flexible OLED displays for its own smartphones in the spring. Sharp's CEO today confirmed these reports, saying that Sharp will commence production in Q1 2018 and will introduce its new OLED smartphones in June or July of 2018. So if sony releases the phone in june there is a chance.not saying everything will go according to the plan but sharp is quite ahead of the schedule right now.
[ This Message was edited by: josephnero on 2018-01-20 08:42 ]
HxH
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2018-01-20 10:01
Big thanks for head up, didn't see update from Sharp's OLED plant last week yet.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 747576 ... 385386387  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic