Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Android > Sony Xperia XZ1 Announced

Author Sony Xperia XZ1 Announced
doministry
Sony Xperia Z2
Joined: Apr 13, 2007
Posts: > 500
From: PL
PM, WWW
Posted: 2017-10-24 18:09
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2017-10-24 14:21:22, moogoo wrote:
Has there ever been a sound alert when the battery is fully charged? I can't recall ever having that feature.

there is definitely a magnifying glass in text input window. once you type a bunch of things, tap into the input window on one of the words. you'll get a little handle. tap and drag that little handle around to where you want it and the magnifying glass will appear to help you position the cursor.



Of course. On XZ I've had this feature - on 100% there was a nice sound beeing played.
And I remember enabling it somehow and now I forgot where was it.

The magnyfying glass - that's what I am talking about.
I SEE NO MAGNIFYING GLASS. I see the little handle in the shape of a drop, but no glass!!!!
[ This Message was edited by: doministry on 2017-10-24 17:10 ]
a w a r e
tai020381
Satio Black
Joined: Dec 07, 2004
Posts: > 500
PM
Posted: 2017-10-24 18:24
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Press and hold the droplet and move your finger to get to the desired letter or number. I see no magnifying glass too, but it seems magnifying glass serves no purpose to me unless you are short-sighted.
doministry
Sony Xperia Z2
Joined: Apr 13, 2007
Posts: > 500
From: PL
PM, WWW
Posted: 2017-10-24 18:32
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2017-10-24 18:24:10, tai020381 wrote:
Press and hold the droplet and move your finger to get to the desired letter or number. I see no magnifying glass too, but it seems magnifying glass serves no purpose to me unless you are short-sighted.

Well. It has a huge purpose. In many situations I have a very long text where navigating is a f.... pain without it.
Plus - very very often my finger is covering exactly the place which I operate in.

So no magnifying glass in 8.0.0???
a w a r e
tai020381
Satio Black
Joined: Dec 07, 2004
Posts: > 500
PM
Posted: 2017-10-24 18:48
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2017-10-24 18:32:56, doministry wrote:

On 2017-10-24 18:24:10, tai020381 wrote:
Press and hold the droplet and move your finger to get to the desired letter or number. I see no magnifying glass too, but it seems magnifying glass serves no purpose to me unless you are short-sighted.

Well. It has a huge purpose. In many situations I have a very long text where navigating is a f.... pain without it.
Plus - very very often my finger is covering exactly the place which I operate in.

So no magnifying glass in 8.0.0???



When you press and hold the droplet you can shift your thumb and drag it to your comfortable (and natural thumb) position which I just found out too and SUPER LIKE, so it will solve your finger covering issue.

TLDR: Press & hold on droplet, shift anywhere your thumb or finger comfortable to drag
Archdragoon
Sony Xperia Z5
Joined: Mar 18, 2015
Posts: 363
PM
Posted: 2017-10-25 02:24
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Hi doministry,

I'm not sure is this what you're looking for...




Device : Xperia XZ1
Headphone : MDR-1ALTD + MUC-S12SB1, ATH WS1100 + MUC-S12SM1
DAC/AMP : PHA-2A
moogoo
Sony Xperia Z1
Joined: Oct 25, 2002
Posts: > 500
From: NYC
PM
Posted: 2017-10-25 04:00
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
doministry - you have to drag the droplet for the magnifying glass to disappear. unless this is removed in oreo.. ?
moogoo
Nokia 5160 -> Nokia 8260 -> SE T68i -> SE K700i -> SE Z710 -> SE Xperia X10a -> Sony Xperia S -> Sony Xperia Z1 -> Sony Xperia XZ -> Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Website: Coming Soon
doministry
Sony Xperia Z2
Joined: Apr 13, 2007
Posts: > 500
From: PL
PM, WWW
Posted: 2017-10-25 08:59
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2017-10-24 18:48:18, tai020381 wrote:

On 2017-10-24 18:32:56, doministry wrote:

On 2017-10-24 18:24:10, tai020381 wrote:
Press and hold the droplet and move your finger to get to the desired letter or number. I see no magnifying glass too, but it seems magnifying glass serves no purpose to me unless you are short-sighted.

Well. It has a huge purpose. In many situations I have a very long text where navigating is a f.... pain without it.
Plus - very very often my finger is covering exactly the place which I operate in.

So no magnifying glass in 8.0.0???



When you press and hold the droplet you can shift your thumb and drag it to your comfortable (and natural thumb) position which I just found out too and SUPER LIKE, so it will solve your finger covering issue.

TLDR: Press & hold on droplet, shift anywhere your thumb or finger comfortable to drag


Thanks. It makes sense. Still missing the glass though.
a w a r e
doministry
Sony Xperia Z2
Joined: Apr 13, 2007
Posts: > 500
From: PL
PM, WWW
Posted: 2017-10-25 09:02
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2017-10-25 02:24:12, Archdragoon wrote:
Hi doministry,

I'm not sure is this what you're looking for...




No. I talk about the magnifying glass when navigating through the text input boxes.

@mogooo
Looks like the magnifying glass is removed in Oreo...
[ This Message was edited by: doministry on 2017-10-25 08:03 ]
a w a r e
doministry
Sony Xperia Z2
Joined: Apr 13, 2007
Posts: > 500
From: PL
PM, WWW
Posted: 2017-10-29 23:27
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTgHXU3NtV0
a w a r e
hboy857
Model not set
Joined: Nov 11, 2015
Posts: 111
PM
Posted: 2017-10-30 04:53
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
A french website review of XZ1
https://www.lesnumeriques.com[....]ny-xperia-xz1-p40787/test.html
The same praise and complain from other reviewers

STRONG POINTS
A pretty well calibrated screen.
A correct autonomy.
Good photo performance in daylight.
Android Oreo.

WEAK POINTS
A design that begins to date.
Occupancy rate of the screen a little thin.
Photo processing to review, especially at night.
Archdragoon
Sony Xperia Z5
Joined: Mar 18, 2015
Posts: 363
PM
Posted: 2017-11-15 14:21
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Finally my XZ1 got the update that include "Correction for image distortion".

Goodbye distorted world.
Device : Xperia XZ1
Headphone : MDR-1ALTD + MUC-S12SB1, ATH WS1100 + MUC-S12SM1
DAC/AMP : PHA-2A
XperiaJunkie
Sony Xperia Z
Joined: Dec 13, 2012
Posts: > 500
From: Parts Unknown
PM, WWW
Posted: 2017-11-16 10:09
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Very good article about the XZ1 from a previous iPhone user too.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tech/[....]eria-xz1-review-tough-11520745
I'm so happy 'cause today
I've found my friends ...
They're in my head
doministry
Sony Xperia Z2
Joined: Apr 13, 2007
Posts: > 500
From: PL
PM, WWW
Posted: 2017-11-17 14:20
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Nice one:

https://www.sonymobile.com/gl[....]duct&utm_content=journey-copy1
a w a r e
hboy857
Model not set
Joined: Nov 11, 2015
Posts: 111
PM
Posted: 2017-11-20 09:14
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
XZ1 is now at $599.99. I've never seen a Sony flagship phone's price drop this quickly.

https://www.amazon.com/Sony-X[....]2MW8?tag=androidpolice-20&th=1
doministry
Sony Xperia Z2
Joined: Apr 13, 2007
Posts: > 500
From: PL
PM, WWW
Posted: 2017-11-28 12:09
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2017-11-20 09:14:21, hboy857 wrote:
XZ1 is now at $599.99. I've never seen a Sony flagship phone's price drop this quickly.

https://www.amazon.com/Sony-X[....]2MW8?tag=androidpolice-20&th=1



Well there was a flood of new smartphones recently...
a w a r e
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic