Forum > Manufacturer Discussion > Samsung > Samsung Galaxy S8+ Announced

Previous  123 45 ... 171819  Next
Author Samsung Galaxy S8+ Announced
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2017-04-01 05:19
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Personally I hate the Fingerprint Scanner position, I have always preferred a Fingerprint Scanner at the front, any other place to me is just odd and cumbersome. It should at the front, end of story.

Hopefully when the Note 8 or S9 lands Samsung will have perfected the Fingerprint Scanner under the screen tech they are working on. Apparently the S8 was meant to have it but the tech was not ready for public release, so the S8 unfortunately has it at the back.

The S8 is a nice glimpse of where Samsung is headed with design and tech, but it's not a complete picture at all, more of a transition phase, much like phones like the Galaxy Alpha and Galaxy Note Edge were a transition phase to metal build and curved displays.

Good times ahead
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
aussieland1
LG Nexus 5
PM
Posted: 2017-04-01 07:04
On my Pixel XL is on the back and I find it perfectly fine . The only time when it seems a bit odd is when I use Android pay and try to authorise with my finger print .

On the same note I think when it is embedded in the screen would be odd too because how would you know where to place the finger when the screen is off

I reckon the design of note will stay similar to this design same as last year with S7 edge and Note 7
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2017-04-01 11:03

On 2017-04-01 07:04:11, aussieland1 wrote:
On my Pixel XL is on the back and I find it perfectly fine . The only time when it seems a bit odd is when I use Android pay and try to authorise with my finger print .

On the same note I think when it is embedded in the screen would be odd too because how would you know where to place the finger when the screen is off

I reckon the design of note will stay similar to this design same as last year with S7 edge and Note 7

That's where the beauty of SuperAMOLED Display comes in, the Fingerprint Reading area of the Display will have an Always On Symbol of where it is, much like how AOD works in the S7, when you put the phone in your pocket that Symbol will turn off and turn on when you take the phone out your pocket.

aussieland1
LG Nexus 5
PM
Posted: 2017-04-01 14:22
Besides the issue with people wanting to use screen protectors i also fail to see how a finger print reader embedded in the screen which would have to be displayed on the screen in order to be used is better than a reader in the back with a noticeable margin and placed in a way so it is easily reachable with the index finger (again as it is on my pixel XL )
XperiaJunkie
Sony Xperia Z
PM, WWW
Posted: 2017-04-02 09:38
Just had my hands on an S8+ and as smart and clean as it looks it's actually fairly bland to look at. It is very long and anyone who has small hands will struggle with this phone. One other observation, the screen didn't seem too bright either if I'm honest and it was set max.
I'm so happy 'cause today
I've found my friends ...
They're in my head
aussieland1
LG Nexus 5
PM
Posted: 2017-04-02 11:06
Xperiajunkie

Thank you for the feedback. I guess it will available after 20th of April?

In terms of brightness I am interested in the outdoors brightness especially if there is ☀️
XperiaJunkie
Sony Xperia Z
PM, WWW
Posted: 2017-04-02 12:52
Shooting in a 4:3 ratio on the S8+ looks stupid with the amount of wasted screen either side of the shot, if you want full screen you've got to drop the resolution to 9.1mp. Below is an image I took of a 4:3 photo taken on the S8+

[ This Message was edited by: XperiaJunkie on 2017-04-02 11:53 ]
I'm so happy 'cause today
I've found my friends ...
They're in my head
GRANEDE
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2017-04-02 17:11
^LMAO.

Now that's is pretty funny. Samsung always do this, another very poorly implemented feature just for the sake of being first ( in this case second ) in the market.
"if you want full screen you've got to drop the resolution to 9.1mp" - Now that's a pretty messed up thing. As of today 2:1 aspect ratio for display is nothing but gimmick. Apple and Google will decide what will be the fate of the 2:1 aspect ration display. If they choose to adopt it with their iphone/pixel phone it'll surely gain transaction but if they choose to ignore it ( especially apple ) then this stupid ratio will be a another failure.
[ This Message was edited by: GRANEDE on 2017-04-02 16:13 ]
aussieland1
LG Nexus 5
PM
Posted: 2017-04-02 20:08
I didn't think I would ever see this one - Microsoft selling android phones - makes you worry about the state of windo a mobile

https://www.engadget.com/2017[....]g-galaxy-s8-microsoft-edition/

With regards to changing resolution depending on the aspect ratio Sony phones are doing exactly the same. I.e. Sony xperia xz drops resolution depending on aspect ratio used

http://m.gsmarena.com/sony_xperia_xz-review-1500p8.php
[ This Message was edited by: aussieland1 on 2017-04-02 19:30 ]
Tibagy
Sony Xperia Z1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2017-04-02 22:42
Galaxy S8+ // Real World Hands On Mini Review

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0zcz4g-iJk
Tibagy
Sony Xperia Z1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2017-04-02 22:45
Samsung Galaxy S8+: UNBOXING

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOWHwB2X2J0
GRANEDE
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2017-04-03 14:17
Hmmm, interes-ing read.
https://www.xda-developers.co[....]rs%2FShsH+%28xda-developers%29

Well, I'm not surprised. No matter what the blind fanboys say about the dex feature, it's bound to be a failure. Motorola tried it, other companies tried it but the implementation was mediocre. Mobile phone will continue giving crappy desktop experience no matter what the company and the dumb fanboy say. Maybe Microsoft will change thing with their Next gen "surface" phone with a really powerful processor but for now it is a huge gimmick.
aussieland1
LG Nexus 5
PM
Posted: 2017-04-03 14:46
Lol at a fanboy calling other people fanboys

Dex is no more a gimmick than 4K on a 5.5 screen is .Only time will tell how useful this feature is but the story linked is saying it is up to a good start and with the help from Microsoft will get there
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2017-04-03 16:50
Yep, DeX is a good glimpse into the future and a damn good implementation by Samsung and Microsoft, in many countries where Desktop never truly go widespread adoption, and in many colleges and universities, these systems like DeX can truly be amazing and cost effective, can't wait to see how far they take this.

On 2017-04-02 20:08:10, aussieland1 wrote:
I didn't think I would ever see this one - Microsoft selling android phones - makes you worry about the state of windo a mobile

https://www.engadget.com/2017[....]g-galaxy-s8-microsoft-edition/

With regards to changing resolution depending on the aspect ratio Sony phones are doing exactly the same. I.e. Sony xperia xz drops resolution depending on aspect ratio used

http://m.gsmarena.com/sony_xperia_xz-review-1500p8.php
[ This Message was edited by: aussieland1 on 2017-04-02 19:30 ]

S8+ Microsoft Edition with DeX Dock would be great, interesting that Microsoft chose to partner in this manner with Samsung, considering not long ago Microsoft ran a smear campaign about Google, now they are selling Androids, lol, it says a lot.
aussieland1
LG Nexus 5
PM
Posted: 2017-04-03 18:36
I agree tsepz it looks promising .

Did you have a chance to try out the phone in the store ? Just wondering what you thought of it
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 45 ... 171819  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic