Author Samsung Galaxy S8 Announced
hello1000
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2017-04-09 15:18
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2017-04-09 15:11:16, Tsepz_GP wrote:
So I managed to find myself a one of the major malls that have S8 and S8+ today

People were hogging the S8+ so I settled with playing with the S8 and I must say, I was impressed by the build and that magnificent display!

It boggles the mind how Samsung year after year after year manage to make leaps in quality of each Display. The S8 Display is really sharp and bright.

I like how tall the Display is and how it manages to fit a lot more content, that is incredibly useful.

UI wise I was not blown away, it's not much different from S7.

Overall, very nice job by Samsung, and going by how many people were walking in to the shop JUST to try the S8 and S8+, this may go on to be the most successful Galaxy S model, I have never seen so many people (men and women) clammering up just to try a phone, you usually see that with iPhone, but not with an Android.

This same shop I went to had a huge Sony Stand some years ago outside the shop, they had the Z5 range out in all their glory in what is one of the highest traffic areas of a shopping mall on the African Continent, yet the Sony phones were barely getting any attention, they did this year's before this with the Xperia Play and the range that was out at the time and again, barely anyone really interested, people walking around the stand and either going into the shop to try the latest Galaxy at the time or going walking a few more shops down to the iStore (Apple Retailer).

Huawei are slowly encroaching here though, I am seeing Mate 9 advertising everywhere, and apparently they are growing rather quickly down here, so glad we have a 3rd major manufacturer, I wish they were faster at launching their stuff here though.

Ofcourse, since Samsung pay bonussen to major retailers in years and many adds, or selected reviews pay by Samsung than people get braunwashed..

Those people who went that store they dont know better, dont blame those brainers blame Samsung for that.

Good luck with that.
alexander87
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2017-04-09 15:34

I like how tall the Display is and how it manages to fit a lot more content, that is incredibly useful.

Don't eat up all the marketing they stuff down your throat man, what the hell:

https://www.xda-developers.co[....]user-experience-18-9-problems/

Read up on it, they mention the S8's case too.
There are no more barriers to cross. All I have in common with the uncontrollable and the insane, the vicious and the evil, all the mayhem I have caused and my utter indifference toward it I have now surpassed.
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2017-04-09 17:03

On 2017-04-09 15:18:26, hello1000 wrote:

So I managed to find myself a one of the major malls that have S8 and S8+ today

People were hogging the S8+ so I settled with playing with the S8 and I must say, I was impressed by the build and that magnificent display!

It boggles the mind how Samsung year after year after year manage to make leaps in quality of each Display. The S8 Display is really sharp and bright.

UI wise I was not blown away, it's not much different from S7.

Overall, very nice job by Samsung, and going by how many people were walking in to the shop JUST to try the S8 and S8+, this may go on to be the most successful Galaxy S model, I have never seen so many people (men and women) clammering up just to try a phone, you usually see that with iPhone, but not with an Android.

This same shop I went to had a huge Sony Stand some years ago outside the shop, they had the Z5 range out in all their glory in what is one of the highest traffic areas of a shopping mall on the African Continent, yet the Sony phones were barely getting any attention, they did this year's before this with the Xperia Play and the range that was out at the time and again, barely anyone really interested, people walking around the stand and either going into the shop to try the latest Galaxy at the time or going walking a few more shops down to the iStore (Apple Retailer).

Huawei are slowly encroaching here though, I am seeing Mate 9 advertising everywhere, and apparently they are growing rather quickly down here, so glad we have a 3rd major manufacturer, I wish they were faster at launching their stuff here though.

Ofcourse, since Samsung pay bonussen to major retailers in years and many adds, or selected reviews pay by Samsung than people get braunwashed..

Those people who went that store they dont know better, dont blame those brainers blame Samsung for that.

Good luck with that.

our resident tinfoil hat, you never cease to entertain with your conspiracy theories and radical hate of Samsung.

On 2017-04-09 15:34:51, alexander87 wrote:

Don't eat up all the marketing they stuff down your throat man, what the hell:

https://www.xda-developers.co[....]user-experience-18-9-problems/

Read up on it, they mention the S8's case too.

Marketing only does so much.

I went and used the phone and what I found is that the taller Display allows more to be fitted especially when using Multiwindow Multitasking, especially for those of us who tend to text while watching something, the S8 does the best job of managing to fit a Video, Text with Quoted text and keyboard on a single Display, something 16:9 made difficult.

Lol, even your article sees the good and future use cases for 18:9.

I fully expect you to eat it all up once Sony eventually do it.
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
aussieland1
LG Nexus 5
PM
Posted: 2017-04-09 17:27
Tsepz

I agree with what you said . This new screen ratio is perfect for multi tasking and all other apps will be slowly designed to.fit more content .I though i read that browser already does which is already great

S8 plus is quite a bit taller than s8 . It is nice but considering the price difference for almost an idea tical phone i am more tempted by s8

Tibagy
Sony Xperia Z1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2017-04-10 04:15
Samsung Galaxy S8 Official TVC: Breaking Out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKSVpOwB_jU
Tibagy
Sony Xperia Z1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2017-04-10 04:20
Samsung Galaxy S8 Camera Vs Apple iPhone 7 Plus Camera!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7oa9EIcppA
jj03
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2017-04-10 17:58
ordered myself an s8+ via retentions. orchid grey. got it for £40 pm, £20 upfront, 500 mins, unlimited text, 20 gig of data. should have it the 20th..
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2017-04-10 19:09

On 2017-04-10 17:58:26, jj03 wrote:
ordered myself an s8+ via retentions. orchid grey. got it for £40 pm, £20 upfront, 500 mins, unlimited text, 20 gig of data. should have it the 20th..

Congratulations!

Looking forward to your views on it.
Dukakeen
Model not set
PM, WWW
Posted: 2017-04-11 11:22
The Samsung Galaxy S8 is a new beginning for flagship phones. The curved back nestles perfectly in your palm, while the glass shimmers as light hits it. It is ‘Mobile HDR Premium’ certified, so you’ll be able to stream HDR (high dynamic range) shows from Amazon Prime and Netflix. New multi-frame image processor that takes three shots every single time you snap, reducing blur and leaving you with a sharper shot.
hello1000
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2017-04-11 18:35

On 2017-04-11 11:22:11, Dukakeen wrote:
The Samsung Galaxy S8 is a new beginning for flagship phones. The curved back nestles perfectly in your palm, while the glass shimmers as light hits it. It is ‘Mobile HDR Premium’ certified, so you’ll be able to stream HDR (high dynamic range) shows from Amazon Prime and Netflix. New multi-frame image processor that takes three shots every single time you snap, reducing blur and leaving you with a sharper shot.

S8 has no HDR support, you need 4K for this.
admad
Sony Xperia T
PM
Posted: 2017-04-11 19:00

On 2017-04-11 18:35:08, hello1000 wrote:

Actually S8 has HDR display, 4K is not needed for this.
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2017-04-11 21:02

On 2017-04-11 19:00:37, admad wrote:

On 2017-04-11 18:35:08, hello1000 wrote:

Actually S8 has HDR display, 4K is not needed for this.

Anyway, in to more rubbish being debunked, the Galaxy S8 and S8+ do not use the same older sensor as the Galaxy S7, I remember earlier in this read we had some major Samsung haters who rushed in and claimed the S8 used the older sensor (these guys will say anything to try make their favourite OEM look better).

http://www.phonearena.com/new[....]Samsung-camera-sensors_id92623

Erica Griffin also checked herself and it is indeed the IMX333, even the Samsung Sensor is a newer sensor we will probably see it in the Exynos variants.

I think going forward its good to just browse over the haters, they have not actually contributed any facts and each thing they put up is debunked and as we have learnt the Galaxy S8 seems to once again take the Best Display and is poised to take best Camera Image Quality.

Just another year dealing with Samsung Haters who are not able to deal with their success as their favourite OEM continues to trail behind

Bring on the Galaxy Note 8 and some real competitors like the next Google Pixel and the next OnePlus. See Some proper good hardware battle it out, not some Sony Fanboys trying to compare another failure to a Galaxy.
[ This Message was edited by: hihihans on 2017-04-15 18:20 ]
hello1000
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2017-04-11 22:34

[ This Message was edited by: hihihans on 2017-04-15 18:16 ]
jj03