Previous  123 4 ... 91011  Next
Author Samsung Galaxy S8 Announced
aussieland1
LG Nexus 5
PM
Posted: 2017-04-01 16:30
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
tsepz

Not that I don't believe you but on Gsmarena it is stated that always on display actually causes a big battery drain

http://m.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_s7_edge-review-1409p3.php

Anyway I think we both argued our case 😊 and it is obvious we have a different opinion so let's leave it to this I suggest.

I can't wait for these 2 to come out it has been boring lately with the new mobile phones . Just wish s8 plus was cheaper as it really not offering anything different to normal s8
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2017-04-01 17:28

On 2017-04-01 16:30:58, aussieland1 wrote:
tsepz

Not that I don't believe you but on Gsmarena it is stated that always on display actually causes a big battery drain

http://m.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_s7_edge-review-1409p3.php

Anyway I think we both argued our case 😊 and it is obvious we have a different opinion so let's leave it to this I suggest.

I can't wait for these 2 to come out it has been boring lately with the new mobile phones . Just wish s8 plus was cheaper as it really not offering anything different to normal s8

Yep, I saw GSMArena's results with AOD, those damn results had me afraid of using AOD for sometime, and then I tried it out and realised that the phone still lasts a full day of heavy usage, I still get well over 6hours SOT with AOD, same as with it off.
By the way, what GSMArena don't take into consideration with their AOD test is the colour of the text or image you may pick in your AOD setup, remember some colours take more power than others in SuperAMOLED Displays
here's mine:

Hopefully their prices come down soon enough.
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max White Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
aussieland1
LG Nexus 5
PM
Posted: 2017-04-02 11:08
although I said I won't say anything else about the placement of the finger print reader I just wanted to clarify that while I think it is fine to have it on the back of the phone , i believe it is not fine to have it right at the top near the camera lense . The way LG and Google and Huawei had it below the camera lense is the better way
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2017-04-02 16:11

On 2017-04-02 11:08:34, aussieland1 wrote:
although I said I won't say anything else about the placement of the finger print reader I just wanted to clarify that while I think it is fine to have it on the back of the phone , i believe it is not fine to have it right at the top near the camera lense . The way LG and Google and Huawei had it below the camera lense is the better way

Agreed. I'm not sure why Samsung thought this placement was okay.

aussieland1
LG Nexus 5
PM
Posted: 2017-04-02 17:05
Played with both today and my god they look nice. Luckily they are not available as i might have bought one . Still don't get the difference in price between the 2
Tibagy
Sony Xperia Z1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2017-04-02 22:45
Some Galaxy S8 Prototypes Appear To Have Featured a Dual-Camera Setup

https://www.sammobile.com/201[....]-featured-a-dual-camera-setup/
Sassho
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2017-04-03 07:28
Many S8 camera samples and compare with S7 Edge - little better but again Mid-range quality
http://mobile-review.com/review/samsung-galaxy-s8-preview.shtml

[ This Message was edited by: Sassho on 2017-04-03 06:30 ]
GRANEDE
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2017-04-04 12:49
Not related to S8 but I'm going to post it anyway.
http://www.phonearena.com/new[....]nknown-vulnerabilities_id92721
Hamedkhan
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2017-04-08 08:42
samsung galaxy s8 is available this month

i love the change in design... removing home button, adding new AI, iris scanner and all that..
[ This Message was edited by: Hamedkhan on 2017-05-04 08:37 ]
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2017-04-08 11:54

On 2017-04-02 17:05:06, aussieland1 wrote:
Played with both today and my god they look nice. Luckily they are not available as i might have bought one . Still don't get the difference in price between the 2

Nice!

I went to a Samsung Experience store today but they didn't have, they still have S7s in the main display area.

Going to pop into my local Vodashop later today and see if there are any S8s, if not I'll just wait until next month to play on one.
aussieland1
LG Nexus 5
PM
Posted: 2017-04-08 14:18

On 2017-04-08 11:54:13, Tsepz_GP wrote:

Nice!

I went to a Samsung Experience store today but they didn't have, they still have S7s in the main display area.

Going to pop into my local Vodashop later today and see if there are any S8s, if not I'll just wait until next month to play on one.

It is a shame, here in U.K. Local carriers have them as well. I have to say I was disappointed with xz premium camera from gsmarena review so I am inclining ore towards s8 or s8 plus again
hello1000
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2017-04-08 14:43

On 2017-04-08 14:18:17, aussieland1 wrote:

Nice!

It is a shame, here in U.K. Local carriers have them as well. I have to say I was disappointed with xz premium camera from gsmarena review so I am inclining ore towards s8 or s8 plus again

Dude, everyone knows that gsmarena is pro Samsung, No single Phone match the camera in al z series.

GSM arena or Samsungarena never complains about the camera from Samsung like oversharping, colors problems.

Only Sony Phone gets fully and detailed review by SamsyngArena. . Go and get that S8 with their shitty 2K fake color panel, mono speaker, boring design, crappy useless edge, laggy UI, bad battery Phone 👍
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2017-04-08 21:42

On 2017-04-08 14:18:17, aussieland1 wrote:

Nice!

Indeed. It seems Sony just can't get the best out their sensors.

I have a feeling Galaxy and Pixel may take Best Cameras again this year, Samsung and Google seem to get it.

I didn't get to play with a S8 today, my local Vodashop don't have it, apparently it's just the 2 of the many major malls around Johannesburg that have them in network stores, no way I'm driving all the way to either just to try a phone so I'll wait.
rss_ndrsn
Sony Xperia X Performance
PM
Posted: 2017-04-09 01:49
I was able to play with both S8 & S8+. Both phones felt nice in my hand and were very light. But both phones were not as good looking as I thought the phones would be. In fact, I think LG G6 looks better. S7 almost made me buy it but the glass back and UI made me wait for Xperia X Performance. But now I don't feel any desire to buy S8 or S8+. There is not much going on with both devices. And the prices for both phones are very high. Same goes with LG G6. $1000 CAD for the smaller screen.
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2017-04-09 15:11
So I managed to find myself a one of the major malls that have S8 and S8+ today

People were hogging the S8+ so I settled with playing with the S8 and I must say, I was impressed by the build and that magnificent display!

It boggles the mind how Samsung year after year after year manage to make leaps in quality of each Display. The S8 Display is really sharp and bright.

I like how tall the Display is and how it manages to fit a lot more content, that is incredibly useful.

UI wise I was not blown away, it's not much different from S7.

Overall, very nice job by Samsung, and going by how many people were walking in to the shop JUST to try the S8 and S8+, this may go on to be the most successful Galaxy S model, I have never seen so many people (men and women) clammering up just to try a phone, you usually see that with iPhone, but not with an Android.

This same shop I went to had a huge Sony Stand some years ago outside the shop, they had the Z5 range out in all their glory in what is one of the highest traffic areas of a shopping mall on the African Continent, yet the Sony phones were barely getting any attention, they did this year's before this with the Xperia Play and the range that was out at the time and again, barely anyone really interested, people walking around the stand and either going into the shop to try the latest Galaxy at the time or going walking a few more shops down to the iStore (Apple Retailer).

Huawei are slowly encroaching here though, I am seeing Mate 9 advertising everywhere, and apparently they are growing rather quickly down here, so glad we have a 3rd major manufacturer, I wish they were faster at launching their stuff here though.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 4 ... 91011  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic