Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Android > Unveiling Xperia XZ Premium

Previous  123 ... 656667 686970  Next
Author Unveiling Xperia XZ Premium
herasymcuk
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2017-12-02 07:58
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I found a trick by myself. The problem is that the notification channel on android oreo reguarding an application "prevails" on the settings within the application itself, in this case whatsapp. If we want, as in my case, to receive notifications of a new message only in the notification bar (without pop-up on the screen) and without sound, it will not be enough to adjust the settings only within the application, but we will have to do it in the new "notification channels" introduced with oreo. However, there is one however, if we set the notification when a new message arrives on "low" (without sound and without visual interruption) at the next message, Oreo will change "by itself" this setting on high , with sound and pop-up screen. Even within the application itself the settings will be changed with the sound on, while those regarding the pop-up notification will remain the same, although the pop-up will be displayed theanyway. The only way to prevent Oreo from overwriting and shaking our settings is this: 1) Adjust the desired settings within the application (no sound, vibration on, NO pop-up) then go to the notification channel of whatsapp and set the importance of the message received on "high", then click on it and change the ringtone to "none". In this way we will to not receive the pop-up on screen notification and settings will be respected. It seems to work, although this morning the urgency of the notification was back on "urgent". Again changed, and seems to be back to normal now. Let me know your experience about that.
XperiaJunkie
Sony Xperia Z
PM, WWW
Posted: 2017-12-07 12:28
Just got a new software update with build number ending in 5.51 anyone know of any changes?
I'm so happy 'cause today
I've found my friends ...
They're in my head
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2017-12-07 15:30
afaik just the nov. security patches and it fixes the camera issues people had for the dual sim version. otherwise no goodies.. sadly.
moogoo
Nokia 5160 -> Nokia 8260 -> SE T68i -> SE K700i -> SE Z710 -> SE Xperia X10a -> Sony Xperia S -> Sony Xperia Z1 -> Sony Xperia XZ -> Sony Xperia XZ Premium -> Sony Xperia 1ii
DentyCracker
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2017-12-13 03:31
A joy so far. Gorgeous screen. Fingerprint scanner a bit quirky to setup at first. I am a lefty butI frequently hold the phone in my right had. I've setup my left index and right thumb. Left index fails often when the phone is in its case. Right thumb never fails. Haven't used motion eye or 3DCreator yet. I don't much like Nougat so installed oreo immediately. On the 5.51 update. Battery life seems low but I suspect it will improve. down to 28% after only 16 hours. I did play some Asphalt on it though LOL
tai020381
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2017-12-13 05:01

On 2017-12-13 03:31:03, DentyCracker wrote:
A joy so far. Gorgeous screen. Fingerprint scanner a bit quirky to setup at first. I am a lefty butI frequently hold the phone in my right had. I've setup my left index and right thumb. Left index fails often when the phone is in its case. Right thumb never fails. Haven't used motion eye or 3DCreator yet. I don't much like Nougat so installed oreo immediately. On the 5.51 update. Battery life seems low but I suspect it will improve. down to 28% after only 16 hours. I did play some Asphalt on it though LOL

You can use your left middle finger to log in as well ~
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2017-12-13 08:06
You can register any finger as you probably know. i register almost all my fingers so i can unlock without even having to pick up my phone.

my battery life on oreo has been great. i consistently get 5.5-6 hours of on screen time. I have my brightness on automatic adjust and spend most of my days under indoor lighting. I have yet to need to charge my phone before i have to go to bed.

Glad you're enjoying it Denty.
moogoo
Nokia 5160 -> Nokia 8260 -> SE T68i -> SE K700i -> SE Z710 -> SE Xperia X10a -> Sony Xperia S -> Sony Xperia Z1 -> Sony Xperia XZ -> Sony Xperia XZ Premium -> Sony Xperia 1ii
pt020
W800
PM
Posted: 2017-12-14 12:19

You can use your left middle finger to log in as well ~

I use my left middle finger to open it and I am right handed..
DentyCracker
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2017-12-15 03:59
40% after 16 hours tonight. More in line with what I expected
tai020381
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2017-12-18 17:06
XZ premium versus Google pixel 2 XL

https://youtu.be/hph8vjXClJ0
tai020381
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2017-12-19 11:07
http://www.xperiablog.net/201[....]-security-patches-47-1-a-8-49/
Maratonmannen
Sony Xperia Z5 Premium
PM
Posted: 2018-02-07 14:10
Xperia XZ Premium receives ‘Meltdown’ and ‘Spectre’ patches (47.1.A.12.75)

https://www.xperiablog.net/20[....]-spectre-patches-47-1-a-12-75/
Xperia™ 1 V @home
Xperia™ XZ Premium @work
vivftp
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2018-02-24 23:53
Something's up with GSM Arena. They posted a video comparing the front video camera of the XZ Premium against other phones and when there is a bright window in the background the XZ Premium darkens the persons face almost a LOT.

https://www.gsmarena.com/sony[....]r_selfie_videos-news-29778.php

I decided to test my XZ Premium and it works perfectly with no issue. I took a video and also posted it over on GSM Arenas comments section. Here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rb5I4HVAjrk&feature=youtu.be

So... anyone want to guess what's happening? Is their phone defective? Did they never update it? I even did another video with the sun itself shining through a window and even then the results weren't nearly as bad as what they're showing.
[ This Message was edited by: vivftp on 2018-02-24 22:55 ]
doministry
Sony Xperia Z2
PM, WWW
Posted: 2018-02-25 00:32
BTW I noticed front video camera improved greatly on the latest FW on my XZ1...
a w a r e
admad
Sony Xperia T
PM
Posted: 2018-02-25 22:43
@vivftp , I also had to test it myself. What I found out about front cam, is that it does light up face pretty well, but only when the face is detected. For example, try covering your face with your hand when a strong light is behind you, the scene will go dark like in GSMArena, but when you remove the hand, the light focuses on face again.

It looks to me like they have outdated software, it's very likely that this was fixed in recent update, because since June Sony can't get bluetooth right (they are very close, but still I have to reboot phone about once per day just to be able to turn blueooth on -.-)
XperiaJunkie
Sony Xperia Z
PM, WWW
Posted: 2018-03-19 09:20
Xperia XZ Premium vs Galaxy S9 with some interesting results.

https://youtu.be/C_H4948n1wQ
I'm so happy 'cause today
I've found my friends ...
They're in my head
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 656667 686970  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic