Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Android > Unveiling Xperia XZ Premium

Previous  123 ... 616263 ... 686970  Next
Author Unveiling Xperia XZ Premium
nikola1970
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2017-09-22 12:00
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Sony cameras are trash and inconsistent that it is even worse then most mid range phones around these days.
Photos are only good under a lot of daylight and no more.
[ This Message was edited by: nikola1970 on 2017-09-22 11:01 ]
hboy857
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2017-09-22 13:06
^
Even Huawei's flagship phone takes better pic than Sony's flagship phones. Huawei's phone low light photography and dynamic range is much better than Sony's phone.

One of the things I like most about Samsung is that how quickly they can respond to market. The saw the value of multiple image fusion technique in pixel camera so they incorporate it in S8 and despite the same sensor and aperture S8 takes much better photos than S7. Apple used the technique in iphone 8 Even Oppo now using the technique in their mid phones.

Whereas Sony is pleased with their ancient image processing tech and like to delude themself thinking that their camera is comparable to the likes of iphone, galaxy and pixel. These Assholes are too lazy and afraid to change anything. I'll give Sony one last chance in 2018 if they still don't change (whether in the design or camera department) then I'll leave Sony camp and jump to Pixel camp. Just being unique in the design department doesn't cut anymore.
[ This Message was edited by: hboy857 on 2017-09-22 12:09 ]
badassmam
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2017-09-22 15:08
XZP has an excellent camera that for daytime shots, its one of the finest devices out there. Also, I doubt there is anything with better video. People will say certain aspects aren't great which is fine but do a detailed blind test yourselves and tell me whether these high scoring phones deserve it or are better in the first place. XZP has won so many blind tests on these mainstream websites and suddenly iPhone 8 is getting these ridiculous scores?
profyler
Aino Black
PM
Posted: 2017-09-22 16:13
Is this really that impressive that I8 got the highest score??

Come on, Apple has ridiculous amount of money to spent in R&D, plus, its a new model. So nothing wrong on having the best camera.
[ This Message was edited by: profyler on 2017-09-22 15:15 ]
hboy857
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2017-09-22 18:05

On 2017-09-22 15:08:49, badassmam wrote:
XZP has an excellent camera that for daytime shots, its one of the finest devices out there. Also, I doubt there is anything with better video. People will say certain aspects aren't great which is fine but do a detailed blind test yourselves and tell me whether these high scoring phones deserve it or are better in the first place. XZP has won so many blind tests on these mainstream websites and suddenly iPhone 8 is getting these ridiculous scores?

XZP may have excellent camera for daytime shots but iPhone,Galaxy,Pixel and U11 are more impressive in daytime, with greater dynamic range, better noise control, better texture reservation,less lens distortion and artifacts, and more importantly these phones easily defeat XZP in the low light. Please show some link where XZP won so many blind tests. I have yet to see a famous tech reviewer to praise xzp's image taking capabilities and say that XZP is competitive with other top camera phones. Yes, XZP's stabilization is superb but their focuses is really bad, especially their refocuses tendencies. I recently saw this on Btekt's video comparison of XZ1 and iphone 7.

Dxomark is great. Yes, some will say that they are doing it to sell their software but I disagree with these people. And even if for argument sake say that they are doing it for selling their software I think it's for better. Prime example is HTC. HTC tried years to build a decent camera in their phones but failed miserably but after they make the deal with dxomark they started to have amazing camera's. It's started with HTC 10 and with U11 pretty much every reviewers said it's one of the top 2 camera phone in the world. I believe that with dxomark's help oneplus will also have amazing camera from next year.

If you can't build amazing camera then simply outsource it. I'm 100% sure if people could successfully use the pixel camera app on xzp then the final image would be much better than stock sony camera app. Too bad it doesn't work on XZP. Pixel camera app Even make the ultra shitty essential phones camera take great pic. That is the difference between great algorithms vs ancient algorithms. XZP is capable of capturing amazing photos but inconsistency make people doubt their reliability. Great camera phones I mentioned above pretty much consistently capture great image what's what makes them great camera phones unlike XZP ( or other sony phones).

I'm 98% sure that Xperia's camera team is tokyo based. They rely on their alpha team to give them code and they "try" to make thing work with their phones. Maybe that's the problem - They code alpha team gave them is not suited for mobile camera but they are fitted for stand alone camera. Camera phones need different caliber of code which xperia camera team either unable to produce or can't make them work with camera phones.

Either way, Sony need to change for the better because current Sony mobile division need much better understanding what they lacks and what it needs to do to address their weakness.
profyler
Aino Black
PM
Posted: 2017-09-22 19:17
Well said dude

DxO suddenly has fewer experience than some random dudes on the internet because their phone wasnt well scored
badassmam
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2017-09-22 19:52
Ok. What reviews say mean nothing to me, I follow my eyes and I urge people to go to their local shops and test it out and that way you'll see what is good plus you'll learn the little things that affect the whole experience.
Shino03
S700
PM
Posted: 2017-09-23 10:35
Everyone is free to decide what phone they want to buy.
In all honesty, it seems Sony isn't trying to beat the competition.
tai020381
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2017-09-24 00:55
IPhone 8s lost ~

https://youtu.be/vtVfffQFiTE
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2017-09-25 18:26
I won't claim that XZP has the best camera out there. I haven't used or seen every phone camera and i bought my XZP knowing this. That being said, that review is inconsistent and incomplete. There should be more comparisons and starting off by saying video stabilization is "very good" and ending with "mediocre stabilization," makes the whole review lose any credibility in my opinion.

I take a lot photos in manual mode and have yet to have trouble getting the detail and exposure that I want. Sure, the average person uses auto more, but that's just a software thing. Use a different app. Auto will be better. You're welcome.

moogoo
Nokia 5160 -> Nokia 8260 -> SE T68i -> SE K700i -> SE Z710 -> SE Xperia X10a -> Sony Xperia S -> Sony Xperia Z1 -> Sony Xperia XZ -> Sony Xperia XZ Premium -> Sony Xperia 1ii
Tibagy
Sony Xperia Z1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2017-09-25 21:15
Sony Xperia XZ Premium Vs Apple iPhone 8 Plus | Which Is Better ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9reNNvXTGs
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2017-09-26 14:25
Just seen a deal on Sky Mobile for this and I was very tempted, I would have dived in if I wasn't already tied in with Three UK until next year.

Unlimited mins and texts and 500GB data for just £29 a month. I can't find it any cheaper anywhere.
XperiaJunkie
Sony Xperia Z
PM, WWW
Posted: 2017-09-27 07:27
Who needs a dual lens camera to get great bokeh effect shots eh!

Original

Original

Original
[ This Message was edited by: XperiaJunkie on 2017-09-27 06:31 ]
I'm so happy 'cause today
I've found my friends ...
They're in my head
Archdragoon
Sony Xperia Z5
PM
Posted: 2017-09-27 09:18
Who need the dual lens camera ?

Me and it's on SONY's plan to release it next year... if those two SONY's staff didn't lie to me.
Device : Xperia 1 II
Headphone : MDR-M1ST + MUC-S12SB1, ATH-DSR9BT, WH-1000XM4
DAC/AMP : PHA-2A
doministry
Sony Xperia Z2
PM, WWW
Posted: 2017-09-30 09:38

On 2017-09-22 18:05:20, hboy857 wrote:

On 2017-09-22 15:08:49, badassmam wrote:

XZP may have excellent camera for daytime shots but iPhone,Galaxy,Pixel and U11 are more impressive in daytime, with greater dynamic range, better noise control, better texture reservation,less lens distortion and artifacts, and more importantly these phones easily defeat XZP in the low light. Please show some link where XZP won so many blind tests. I have yet to see a famous tech reviewer to praise xzp's image taking capabilities and say that XZP is competitive with other top camera phones. Yes, XZP's stabilization is superb but their focuses is really bad, especially their refocuses tendencies. I recently saw this on Btekt's video comparison of XZ1 and iphone 7.

Dxomark is great. Yes, some will say that they are doing it to sell their software but I disagree with these people. And even if for argument sake say that they are doing it for selling their software I think it's for better. Prime example is HTC. HTC tried years to build a decent camera in their phones but failed miserably but after they make the deal with dxomark they started to have amazing camera's. It's started with HTC 10 and with U11 pretty much every reviewers said it's one of the top 2 camera phone in the world. I believe that with dxomark's help oneplus will also have amazing camera from next year.

If you can't build amazing camera then simply outsource it. I'm 100% sure if people could successfully use the pixel camera app on xzp then the final image would be much better than stock sony camera app. Too bad it doesn't work on XZP. Pixel camera app Even make the ultra shitty essential phones camera take great pic. That is the difference between great algorithms vs ancient algorithms. XZP is capable of capturing amazing photos but inconsistency make people doubt their reliability. Great camera phones I mentioned above pretty much consistently capture great image what's what makes them great camera phones unlike XZP ( or other sony phones).

I'm 98% sure that Xperia's camera team is tokyo based. They rely on their alpha team to give them code and they "try" to make thing work with their phones. Maybe that's the problem - They code alpha team gave them is not suited for mobile camera but they are fitted for stand alone camera. Camera phones need different caliber of code which xperia camera team either unable to produce or can't make them work with camera phones.

Either way, Sony need to change for the better because current Sony mobile division need much better understanding what they lacks and what it needs to do to address their weakness.

Well. Sorry but I disagree completely.
DxO Mark scoring XZPremium LOWER than Xperia X Performance?
That's a joke mate. I think this page is paid like most of the tech sites/channels.
It's definitely not right.

Than you have guys like this who are clearly independent, "homemade" reviewers
putting the devices into actual tests, not biased, incomplete crap I read almost everywhere.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtr_4TnjzulPJQ9UjNrnvZA

He even proves how Xperia devices work better than top competition like Galaxy devices.
Does anybody else notice this? Not really.
All the websites use automatic modes which TODAY is a pure nonsense regarding how much phone cameras can do.
Everybody knows Sony cameras are not good in Auto..
Also nobody is showing how all the flagships work in more difficult settings.
Where Xperias work work exeptionally well, considering higher ISO for instance.
But what to expect from people who don't know sh..t about photography??!!

Than you have rare situations where somebody digs deeper to show how well Sony can work:
http://www.gsmarena.com/sony_[....]_round_2-blog-24479.php#image8

Also look here, where Xperia works just better in some settings where Galaxy falls behind.
http://www.gsmarena.com/sony_xperia_xz1_compact-review-1660p8.php

So my opinion is this:
MARKETING. Look how ALL tech sites concentrate on other flagships, using resources to examine devices and their strenghts. Xperia? They don't care and I think it's mostly a deal done...
a w a r e
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 616263 ... 686970  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic