Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Android > Unveiling Xperia XZ Premium

Previous  123 ... 565758 ... 686970  Next
Author Unveiling Xperia XZ Premium
aussieland1
LG Nexus 5
PM
Posted: 2017-07-23 21:42
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
For fitting more icons on the screen there are always third party launchers that can be used (I.e. NOVA)
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2017-07-23 21:42
Thanks Moogoo.

I've been informed I have another upgrade, so I am playing with the idea of trying XZP for the next 12months before I go back to a Samsung Galaxy Note 9 next year.

I just watched Tim Schofields review, the Display setting I want is there, I call it Zoom for lack of a better word

I don't even know if I'll do the upgrade, I am conflicted, yesterday I played with my old Note 4 and realised how much I miss that huge 5.7inch Display, so the S8+ looks very attractive to me, yet at the same time I am a tad bored, been using Samsung phones since the S2 and want something different.

LG G6 uses an old SoC so thats out, Note8 maybe similar to S8+ so why bother waiting, I may consider iPhone, hmm.

I really like the XZP design, I like the attention to detail with the chamfered edges, but then No OIS and the 5.5inch display.

Urrgh, I don't know... Wish I had not contacted my network now

This would have been an easy 1 if XZP had a 5.7inch display. I'd be picking it up tomorrow if that was the case!

EDIT:

Thanks Viv and Aussie!

Yeah, I'll keep that in mind.

I'm going to watch endless XZP and S8+ reviews now #FirstWorldProblems
[ This Message was edited by: Tsepz_GP on 2017-07-23 20:49 ]
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
aussieland1
LG Nexus 5
PM
Posted: 2017-07-23 22:27
Good luck with your choice tsepz - I suffered through the same process as both have their pros and cons. Maybe this will help you decide
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2017-07-24 13:55
Tsepz - no problem. in my opinion, i think if you goal is to wait for the note 8 and that will be your daily driver once it's available, then you should go for the XZP as a fun intermediate "vacation". I think you'd be very pleased with just how snappy and responsive the phone is. Sure, it has its issues but what phone doesn't? Getting an S8+ would seem like a waste of time and money to me (assuming you have to pay for your upgrade) if you are DEFINITELY going for a note8 later. Time because it's samsung and as you said, you're somewhat bored with it. Honestly, the no OIS only matters with low light/night photos and can be cured with a tripod or some photography tricks (e.g., leaning against something solid like a wall or railing). My vote is for XZP not just cause I have one, but based on what you've laid out for your future plans and thoughts on current offerings.

moogoo
Nokia 5160 -> Nokia 8260 -> SE T68i -> SE K700i -> SE Z710 -> SE Xperia X10a -> Sony Xperia S -> Sony Xperia Z1 -> Sony Xperia XZ -> Sony Xperia XZ Premium -> Sony Xperia 1ii
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2017-07-24 17:44
Thanks Aussie and Moogoo! You have given me food for thought.

I think I am going to play it safe and wait for Note 8 to be announcement next month before I jump into anything.

XperiaJunkie
Sony Xperia Z
PM, WWW
Posted: 2017-07-24 18:52
So I dropped my Premium again today, this time without a case and onto a paved floor. Expecting the worst I picked it up and the screen is fine although the top of the phone is scratched. At first I didn't notice it but now it's annoying me lol. One thing though, the build quality on this is superb. I really did expect a shattered display as it fell from a good few feet too.

Not that noticeable

On closer inspection
I'm so happy 'cause today
I've found my friends ...
They're in my head
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2017-07-24 23:11
Why didn't you have your case on? I have similar scratches when I dropped mine with the roxfit case and it shattered
moogoo
Nokia 5160 -> Nokia 8260 -> SE T68i -> SE K700i -> SE Z710 -> SE Xperia X10a -> Sony Xperia S -> Sony Xperia Z1 -> Sony Xperia XZ -> Sony Xperia XZ Premium -> Sony Xperia 1ii
XperiaJunkie
Sony Xperia Z
PM, WWW
Posted: 2017-07-25 03:43
@moogoo my case just fell apart after the first fall and I'm waiting on new to be delivered.
I'm so happy 'cause today
I've found my friends ...
They're in my head
badassmam
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2017-07-25 08:52
@Tspez_GP

Why would you even consider such a bezelicious phone with that mediocre screen from a dying company? It would be the worst betrayal since Figo left Barcelona for Real Madrid.

Are people picking up micro scratches on the glass since its curved? I liked having the recessed screen on the Z5 because it stopped me ever getting any scratches front and back.
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2017-07-25 09:19

On 2017-07-25 08:52:06, badassmam wrote:
@Tspez_GP

Why would you even consider such a bezelicious phone with that mediocre screen from a dying company? It would be the worst betrayal since Figo left Barcelona for Real Madrid.

Are people picking up micro scratches on the glass since its curved? I liked having the recessed screen on the Z5 because it stopped me ever getting any scratches front and back.

I want something different really. I am even watching BlackBerry KEYOne reviews, and also thinking iPhone.

Who knows, I may just land up with a Note 8, something I really miss in my S7 Edge is the Stylus I had on the Note 4, that thing came in handy when working in WordPress and dealing with large bits of content.
badassmam
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2017-07-25 10:36
Just messing, my 320SE needs an engine rebuild so I'm getting rid and replacing it with a 320d M Sport....even the same colour because I just love them so much.

Buy a hybrid tablet with stylus, increase your productivity. Get a XZP alongside as your plaything.
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2017-07-25 15:01

On 2017-07-25 10:36:42, badassmam wrote:
Just messing, my 320SE needs an engine rebuild so I'm getting rid and replacing it with a 320d M Sport....even the same colour because I just love them so much.

Buy a hybrid tablet with stylus, increase your productivity. Get a XZP alongside as your plaything.

320d is epic, F30 320d? Those Bavarians have some other kind of magic working in those Diesel Motors of theirs, I drove a friends E90 320d a few years ago, I was blown away by the torque, the damn thing just kept accelerating at an incredible rate from 1st all the way 6th gear, I kept over revving as I simply wasn't used to a motor getting near redline so quickly in each gear

The MD at my old work had a 2016 BMW X5 50d with that brutal 700nm toque tri-turbo engine, THAT has to be the most insane SUV I have ever been in terms of acceleration, not even a Jeep SRT has that kind of toque, truly mind blowing, the ultimate sleeper .

vivftp
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2017-07-25 15:19
Hmm, I went to one of my carriers locations and got a new sim card. Can't say it's done much to help with my signal strength though

I've found if I go into a large grocery store or a houses basement my signal strength goes to shit. Calls either are choppy or just don't work at all. Dunno what else to do

Outside I can get 3-4 4G bars just hunky dory.
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2017-07-25 15:26
@XJ - your roxfit case shattered too huh? can't believe they charge so much for something so fragile... hope your next case is better!

@vivftp - that sucks. but if it makes you feel any better, i get poor signal in certain stores too. always have, always will. doesn't matter what phone i use. i think certain stores are built to block signals so they can force you on their crappy in house wifi. lol. i don' tthink there's anything to be done about it. just use the in house wifi and make a VoIP call.
moogoo
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2017-07-25 18:22

On 2017-07-25 15:19:44, vivftp wrote:
Hmm, I went to one of my carriers locations and got a new sim card. Can't say it's done much to help with my signal strength though

I've found if I go into a large grocery store or a houses basement my signal strength goes to shit. Calls either are choppy or just don't work at all. Dunno what else to do

Outside I can get 3-4 4G bars just hunky dory.

This is seriously concerning, anyone else facing this? I am reading about poor signal in the BB KEYOne to, but that seems to be the phone in general for many. This is the first time I'm hearing of a Sony having bad signal.

Are you using a case? Some cases can absolutely destroy signal quality
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 565758 ... 686970  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic