Author Unveiling Xperia XZ Premium
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2017-05-17 00:10
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2017-05-16 18:10:13, admad wrote:

On 2017-05-16 17:48:07, moogoo wrote:
The conflicting battery score from two major review sites should be sufficient proof that GSM arena's so-called battery test isn't as definitive as they claim it to be. Clearly it favors some phones over others and isn't a true test of a phone's battery.

Strange that Sony had confirmed may 22 as a UK launch date but probably won't be available til June for me. Uk Sony site is giving free ear buds.. I wonder if I can pre-order from Sony UK directly. Need to look into that..

Actually battery test at GSMArena is much more reliable, simply, because it takes into account standby time and many other factors. While phoneArena only measures a constant web browsing. No reason to find some "conspiracy" theories of GSMArena performing test that Sony is bad at...

Sony made a not so good decision of going 4K display and the users will pay the price of lower battery life, but sitll, 72h endurance rating with such high resolution screen is really good IMO. Not that 4K is useful but still -_-

You've got to be understand, the way it works around here is that if the article doesn't go in Sony's favour then there's always a huge conspiracy

Just look at how many Techsites have become labelled as paid or Samsung or iPhone fansites over the years, that's despite these Techsites writing positive and we'll balanced reviews about other brands (Huawei, LG, ZTE, HTC etc...).
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
kurtdean
Sony Xperia Z5 Compact
PM
Posted: 2017-05-17 02:38
I don't care you're a Samsung fan boy nothing gonna change that. You always question when we label some site as biased. Fanboys. Xperia xz is not for you so leave this thread. Enjoy your pentile samdung s8
[ This Message was edited by: kurtdean on 2017-05-17 01:39 ]
aussieland1
LG Nexus 5
PM
Posted: 2017-05-17 08:14
I am not sure why people are discussing the Gsmarena battery score as like I said previously iPhone 7plus has had a similar score in Gsmarena and it is universally recognised as a phone with good battery life . At this stage let's wait for user reviews to get a better understanding of how good the battery life is . I am optimistic it is going to be good
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2017-05-17 13:33
aussieland - that's the thing. it should not even be a point of contention. yet samsung fanboys make it a point to come to this thread and point out that s8 has a better gsmarena endurance score.. as if gsmarena is the end all say all when it comes to reviews. it's ridiculous. i don't mind constructive discussions and any OEM has things they can improve on with their devices. sony is not perfect. no OEM is. but to ridicule and pick at something that's not even a POOR feature or lack thereof? That's just silly and unnecessary.

UPDATE: I just confirmed my order with CLOVE. Apparently we're also getting a FREE Sony SRS-XB20 with our order. So that's nice. I was hoping for a freebie!

moogoo
Nokia 5160 -> Nokia 8260 -> SE T68i -> SE K700i -> SE Z710 -> SE Xperia X10a -> Sony Xperia S -> Sony Xperia Z1 -> Sony Xperia XZ -> Sony Xperia XZ Premium -> Sony Xperia 1ii
MNX1024
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2017-05-17 14:38
@moogoo What about ship date? Any chance that's moving up closer to the 22nd?
XperiaJunkie
Sony Xperia Z
PM, WWW
Posted: 2017-05-17 21:47
Xperia XZ Premium in Deep-sea Black is sold out on Sony's UK store!!

https://estore.sonymobile.com/gb/phones/preorderxzp/
I'm so happy 'cause today
I've found my friends ...
They're in my head
badassmam
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2017-05-17 22:48
@Tsepz_Gp

Your trolling is weak compared to atom-bomb, he absolutely demolished the Samsung threads.

XZ Premium is so good that you can't get away with giving it a bad review. I want to see how the camera compares to the HTC and I want to see some real world battery tests from those who have ordered the device.
atom-bomb
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2017-05-18 02:50
LUL, that effing moron samsung fanboy took the bait.

Everything worked out exaxtly as I planned. I can say it satisfactorily that not only people on Sony thread again realize that what kind of jackass he truly is but also people on samsung thread who always rushed to defend him also realize what kind of person he is. . It's good to see people reacting strongly towards that jackass than before.

As I said before Sony fanboy are too gentle and samsuck fanboys took advantage of it. But good to see that things are changing.
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2017-05-18 04:15
MNX - clove has officially said they will ship June 2nd. So sadly, it didn't get moved up. Oh well. At least there's a firm date now. So June 2nd is a friday, which means I should receive my XZP on Monday (if i'm lucky) but most likely tues/wed with 2-3 day DHL.

I CAN'T WAIT. I'm actually pretty surprised HTC U11 did so well at DxO mark. I'd love to see DXO mark review the XZP and see how it compares. I would love to see it be the number one rated phone, but my gut tells me it will only be top 5 somewhere.
moogoo
Nokia 5160 -> Nokia 8260 -> SE T68i -> SE K700i -> SE Z710 -> SE Xperia X10a -> Sony Xperia S -> Sony Xperia Z1 -> Sony Xperia XZ -> Sony Xperia XZ Premium -> Sony Xperia 1ii
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2017-05-18 04:16

On 2017-05-18 02:50:17, atom-bomb wrote:
LUL, that effing moron samsung fanboy took the bait.

Everything worked out exaxtly as I planned. I can say it satisfactorily that not only people on Sony thread again realize that what kind of jackass he truly is but also people on samsung thread who always rushed to defend him also realize what kind of person he is. . It's good to see people reacting strongly towards that jackass than before.

As I said before Sony fanboy are too gentle and samsuck fanboys took advantage of it. But good to see that things are changing.

Says the guy who had to create multiple accounts

Whatever helps you sleep at night kiddo.
kurtdean
Sony Xperia Z5 Compact
PM
Posted: 2017-05-18 04:48
^ the worse comeback ever. I think you should stay at the Samsung thread. It's where you belong. No Sony for you fanboy
atom-bomb
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2017-05-18 04:50
The most remarkable change in the recent time is that I don't have to call anyone specific to tell anything. All I have to do is ambiguously call " a effing moron" and my target will respond to my call. LMAO.

It's as if s/he accepted the 'title' I gave him and can't help but to respond to my call.

It makes thing so much easier for me, there is no need for me to mention samsung or samsung fanboys. I can call him out even more ambiguously knowing that he will know who I am targeting. And knowing him he can't help but to read my comment and feel butthurt. That effing moron is a lot dumber than I thought.

LOL, I'm getting so good at this that I'm surprising myself recently.
And most important thing is I'm really enjoying and having fun rekting that jackass.
[ This Message was edited by: atom-bomb on 2017-05-18 03:54 ]
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2017-05-18 05:06

On 2017-05-18 04:48:28, kurtdean wrote:
^ the worse comeback ever. I think you should stay at the Samsung thread. It's where you belong. No Sony for you fanboy

indeed, no XZP for me or anyone indeed, as it's still not out yet since MWC.
Unfortunate that the thread has even had to go off topic due to this.
kurtdean
Sony Xperia Z5 Compact
PM
Posted: 2017-05-18 05:47
^ so what if it's not on sale yet? Are you insecure that Sony going to sell millions? BTW, xzp already sold out in the UK
XperiaJunkie
Sony Xperia Z
PM, WWW
Posted: 2017-05-18 10:10
A quick look at other Sony mobile stores around Europe and the black one is sold out in most major countries and both colour options are sold out in Italy and France are yet to open pre-orders too. Looks like Sony are on to a winner here!!

UK
Black - Sold out
Chrome - Available

Germany
Black - Sold out
Chrome - Available

Italy
Black - Sold out
Chrome - Sold out

Spain
Black - Sold out
Chrome - Available