Add to Bookmarks
Previous  123 ... 686970  Next
Author Unveiling Xperia XZ Premium
vivftp
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2019-01-05 21:29
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Hmm, my battery life has been continuously going down these past few months. Here's a screenshot

Wondering if it could be either Skype or WhatsApp preventing the phone from properly sleeping. Any suggestions?
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2019-01-06 01:19
Try restricting background battery usage for whatsapp and then skype and then both to see if that changes how your battery drains. that should allow you to narrow down the culprit. if it's neither of those, you can continue on til you find the one killing your battery.

moogoo
Nokia 5160 -> Nokia 8260 -> SE T68i -> SE K700i -> SE Z710 -> SE Xperia X10a -> Sony Xperia S -> Sony Xperia Z1 -> Sony Xperia XZ -> Sony Xperia XZ Premium -> Sony Xperia 1ii
vivftp
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2019-01-06 01:53
Hmm, the phone reported Word Shaker had high background usage. I Uninstaller it and we'll see how that goes
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2019-01-06 02:29
ha. i'm not surprised. probably was sending information constantly for ads and whatever.

hope that solves the problem! good luck.
moogoo
Nokia 5160 -> Nokia 8260 -> SE T68i -> SE K700i -> SE Z710 -> SE Xperia X10a -> Sony Xperia S -> Sony Xperia Z1 -> Sony Xperia XZ -> Sony Xperia XZ Premium -> Sony Xperia 1ii
vivftp
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2019-01-06 05:22
Ya, funny enough after my last charge I uninstalled that game about an hour later and when I checked the battery usage I saw the Google play store was using up 15% of the battery in just a bit over an hour. Dang, well hope that resolves it. If not I'll play around with restricting WhatsApp and Skype.
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2019-01-06 06:13
play store? or services? sounds like that game is one of those data collection spam games.

that's why i limit game apps to those from big game studios. too worried about those no-name developer apps doing shady stuff. my XZP needs to last me at LEAST another year, but hopefully two. so, i'd rather not have to deal with shady apps killing my battery or worse.

moogoo
vivftp
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2019-01-06 06:49
Google play services is what was sucking up the battery life. Just funny that it wasn't showing up in the battery usage report until I uninstalled the game.

Will see how it goes tomorrow.
vivftp
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2019-01-08 04:17
Hmm, I'm currently working on a theory that connecting to my wifi at 5GHz uses up a lot more battery life than connecting to it at 2.4GHz. Sounds odd I know, but gonna keep testing.

Also, my animated wallpaper seems to have been a major culprit for sucking away my battery.
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2019-01-08 17:46
i use my 5ghz network exclusively when at home and don't notice it doing anything crazy with my battery..

live wallpapers always suck batteries.. so i'm not surprised.

even after getting rid of that game your battery is still struggling huh?
moogoo
vivftp
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2019-01-09 01:50
The battery's not as bad as before, getting rid of the game helped.

I'm at work and decided to test just turning off wi-fi, and it's helped my battery life a LOT. Normally my battery would drain a ton while my phone just sat there not doing much. It's never connected to a wi-fi network while I'm at work, so dunno why it's draining so much here.

The only other things active are Google's voice activation, always listening out for my commands. Dunno how much that's draining the battery. Still, it looks like wi-fi being active is the major culprit out of everything I've been testing so far. I use wi-fi a lot at home, but I suppose I'll have to disable it when I'm on the road.
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2019-01-09 07:40
the google hot word activation doesn't use barely any battery. i have mine on and it's fine. also, wifi doesn't' do anything to your battery simply by just being on. one of your apps is definitely using the wifi actively. maybe you can check to see which one is using the most background data.

moogoo
koss
K810 Blue
PM
Posted: 2020-06-06 08:20
Xperia XZ Premium great smartphone with great 4K HDR Display

DentyCracker
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2020-12-09 05:31
Need to fix my XZ Premium. Where is the best place in the US to get it sorted?
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2020-12-09 18:35
@Denty - there are no official sony repair shops in the US. You'll have to send them abroad if you want it fixed by sony and it will cost plenty. other options would be to go to a local phone fixit shop. there are lots of those around. Look at reviews and ask around to find out who is good and is experienced with sony phones (very few are unfortunately).

last thing is to do it yourself depending on how tech savvy you are and what is exactly wrong with your phone. Replacing parts is fairly easy unless it's something that needs to be soldered (which can be done but is more difficult).

there are websites such as witrigs that sell spare parts and sometimes give instructions on how to disassemble.

Good luck!
moogoo
DentyCracker
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2020-12-10 13:22
I actually live in Jamaica and I have explored some of the above options. My brother lives in Florida and I had given him the phone to ry and get it repaired. Based on the symptoms of it not charging I had the charging port changed but that did not help. I noticed that if I put weight on the charging area it would charge. Searching the internet it seemed to be a problem with the btb connector. My brother had it changed at a store but problem isnt solved. If it was fixed even USD200 would be ok. I do not want to buy X1 (X1ii too expensive) X1iii with Snap 888 will be even more expensive. Been using non 4k screen phones and arrgghhh. I have a beautiful paperweight right now. I think I will try to get it diagnosed again as a last attempt. I wonder if I could sell it as scrap? LOL Kind of bummed.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 686970  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic