Maybe they are going apples way in specs
HxH
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2017-03-30 08:47
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2017-03-29 15:48:32, josephnero wrote:
Anyone else disappointed by the S8?

No, The S8 and S8+ indeed impressive device I have to say after spent few hours with it.

Very well balance of design, hardware and software, that's get pretty much update and revamp to the right way.

It make other devices in current market look obsolete in design, I have to say that (partially include the G6).

Fit 5.8 screen size into body of 5.2 even greater than S7 edge, although it look weird taller at first sight.

Only few concern of parts longevity lifespan (pink line on S7's screen and battery, for example)

After all, see you until Sony call it quit from smartphone market.
SONY x Sexy x Sleek x Solid x Stunner x Stylish : Nozomi/Kagura with Love.
tk007
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2017-03-30 09:41
I think it's a dead wish sony made a narrow bezel smart phone
josephnero
Sony Xperia Z5
PM
Posted: 2017-03-30 14:17
I'm willing to bet sony mobile is here to stay
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2017-03-30 14:28
sony mobile isn't going anywhere anytime soon. they are not suffering as badly as they were years ago. doing pretty decent these days.

also, i like sony's iconic design. that giant screen looks nice at first and is great for web browsing and scrolling type views, but is useless for watching videos and images with aspect ratios that don't come near it. i expect some letterboxing on a 75-80" TV screen... not on my phone.

That being said, everyone likes something different. I personally have always liked sony's designs and their UX has always been the best for me.
moogoo
Nokia 5160 -> Nokia 8260 -> SE T68i -> SE K700i -> SE Z710 -> SE Xperia X10a -> Sony Xperia S -> Sony Xperia Z1 -> Sony Xperia XZ -> Sony Xperia XZ Premium -> Sony Xperia 1ii
josephnero
Sony Xperia Z5
PM
Posted: 2017-03-30 14:40
@moogoo thumbs up
Archdragoon
Sony Xperia Z5
PM
Posted: 2017-03-30 15:14
Just one thing about bezel-less screen. Don't anyone think it will be inconvenient to hold in hand and use it ?

Actually I think Xperia bezel is a bit too big but I prefer to use it more than bezel-less one
Device : Xperia 1 II
Headphone : MDR-M1ST + MUC-S12SB1, ATH-DSR9BT, WH-1000XM4
DAC/AMP : PHA-2A
Shino03
S700
PM
Posted: 2017-03-30 15:54
I find it actually impressive but it's going to sell like hotcakes and that's a bummer with me. I don't like my phone being the same with everyone else.
yuunanase
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2017-04-02 00:24

On 2017-03-30 15:14:34, Archdragoon wrote:
Just one thing about bezel-less screen. Don't anyone think it will be inconvenient to hold in hand and use it ?

Actually I think Xperia bezel is a bit too big but I prefer to use it more than bezel-less one

Its true. Had been using the XA Ultra for quite some time, keep on accidentally pressing the sides

You do need a some bezels to keep it functional.
venus, kiki, vulcan, rachael, anzu, akane, nozomi, hikari, hayabusa, tsubasa, yuga, togari, honami, sirius, leo, ivy, surime
RacSony
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2017-04-03 16:33
update and minor correction to my previous post regarding XZ premium release in Japan

NTT docomo's Xperia XZ Premium will be priced the same as Xperia Z5 premium, which is 86400JPY.
Japanese cellphone companie have complicated pricing system but so-called "real price" is higher than Z5.
Release time unchanged.

Correction: Xperia XZ Premium will be released from KDDI as well as docomo, but release date of KDDI's will be much later than docomo's (probably a month?)

Don't know about softbank yet.
badassmam
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2017-04-04 12:02
This is probably the wrong thread but I'm going to post my rant here. Since I got Nougat on my Z5 it has become a disaster. So many bugs after clean installs and flashing various regions, I had to download an alternative dialer and now email because the b***h doesn't connect to the server. Sony are forcing me to get a new device because of this crap software, the software on the Z5 and XZ are probably near identical but I bet XZ owners have none of these problems.

Android is very bland now, at the very least there needs to be an open theme engine so we can change status bar and menu colours. We should be able to choose a black menu and have white writing on it, simple. Let us change the colour of those awful white notifications, get rid of that crap grey looking status bar background and give us KitKat level customisation. Anyone who has the new Video app will know how shocking that has become, its so bad that I use the Album app to watch video. Apps need to be simple and light, they should all have light and dark mode options and the look should be consistent so I have Album and Music in dark while everything else is blindingly white. Don't know how much blame goes to Google or Sony but both need to step it up because so far Android O is looking the same.
GRANEDE
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2017-04-04 12:45
^ badassmam your anger is well justified. People who buys premium phone should get better software support. This is totally unacceptable.
amardeep
Sony Xperia SX
PM
Posted: 2017-04-04 15:20
Maybe I've said this before, but ... I go to the Sony Mobile website and find : Xperia X / XA / X Performance / XA Ultra / X Compact / XZ / XA1 Ultra / XA1 / XZ Premium. What one earth is the difference between all these Xperia X models ? No one with a casual or semi-casual interest in phones can figure this out - just about know Ultra = big, Compact = small, Premium = top of the range, but as for X vs X Performance vs XA vs XA1 vs XZ, no idea. Stupid naming strategy.
razec
W800
PM
Posted: 2017-04-08 10:25
there needs to be an open theme engine so we can change status bar and menu colours.

I find it ironic that just as we now have smartphones with enormous processing power that we don't have that feature anymore. I despise 3rd party apps (GoLauncher for example) for their stupid ads.
10 years at Esato
RacSony
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2017-04-08 22:44
Bad news guys...

The release date of Xperia XZP will be delayed in most countries including Japan.

My primary source didn't tell me the reason but another source mentioned this is likely because of S835 supply shortage.

As far as I heard, the docomo version of XZP was originally scheduled to be released mid June, but will be push back to at least for a few weeks, probably around a month.

No word on au version at this point.

One thing for sure is XZP's initial supply will be very limited even in countries with first batch.
[ This Message was edited by: RacSony on 2017-04-08 22:50 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 373839 ... 119120121  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic