Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Android > Xperia XZ Announced

Previous  123 ... 414243 444546  Next
Author Xperia XZ Announced
samven582
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2017-01-25 15:04
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Just got mine yesterday from BestBuy. Great phone, love the design. Unfortunately, mine came with a spec of dust behind the front facing camera. Really disappointed since this phone is advertised as water and dust resistant.
Maratonmannen
Sony Xperia Z5 Premium
PM
Posted: 2017-01-26 08:56
After a factory reset and a fresh configuration I have 2 problems.

1. I can´t change keyboard. I don´t like Swiftkey. I have installed my favourite keyboard, but I can´t find the option to change keyboard.
2. I have no phone signal when receiving a call. SMS and mail notifications are OK. I can play music. Is there an option I have missed?

Any suggestions?
Xperia™ 1 V @home
Xperia™ XZ Premium @work
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2017-01-27 03:50
Samven - take it back to bestbuy and get a replacement.

Marotonmannen - once installed, you have to enable your keyboard under the settings. SETTINGS > LANGUAGES AND INPUT > ONSCREEN KEYBOARDS. You can't disable swiftkey, but you can enable your keyboard. Then, go to any app where you can type something and bring up the keyboard (it'll be swiftkey). There will be a keyboard icon in the lower right, to the right of the app switcher icon. ([back] [home] [app switcher] [keyboard icon here]) Tap on that and it will allow you to select your keyboard as the default.

As for no signal when receiving a call, it seems this is pretty common. My phone rarely shows more than 1 bar when idle but it will show 3-4 bars when i'm actually on a call. Try calling something with speaker phone and you'll probably see the same. I don't think it means you won't receive any calls unless your phone is saying "no service" which is unlikely if you're receiving SMS/email.

good luck!
moogoo
Nokia 5160 -> Nokia 8260 -> SE T68i -> SE K700i -> SE Z710 -> SE Xperia X10a -> Sony Xperia S -> Sony Xperia Z1 -> Sony Xperia XZ -> Sony Xperia XZ Premium -> Sony Xperia 1ii
HxH
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2017-01-27 08:12
You can change to alternative kayboard options in Language and input.
make install the new keyboard and click on on-screen keyboard menu
click manage then you choose to enable and disable here.

In case that you make use of dual sim
when one sim in call operation, another sim will tick on temporary disable.
SONY x Sexy x Sleek x Solid x Stunner x Stylish : Nozomi/Kagura with Love.
Maratonmannen
Sony Xperia Z5 Premium
PM
Posted: 2017-01-29 14:38

On 2017-01-27 03:50:30, moogoo wrote:
Marotonmannen - once installed, you have to enable your keyboard under the settings. SETTINGS > LANGUAGES AND INPUT > ONSCREEN KEYBOARDS. You can't disable swiftkey, but you can enable your keyboard. Then, go to any app where you can type something and bring up the keyboard (it'll be swiftkey). There will be a keyboard icon in the lower right, to the right of the app switcher icon. ([back] [home] [app switcher] [keyboard icon here]) Tap on that and it will allow you to select your keyboard as the default.

As for no signal when receiving a call, it seems this is pretty common. My phone rarely shows more than 1 bar when idle but it will show 3-4 bars when i'm actually on a call. Try calling something with speaker phone and you'll probably see the same. I don't think it means you won't receive any calls unless your phone is saying "no service" which is unlikely if you're receiving SMS/email.

On 2017-01-27 08:12:46, HxH wrote:
You can change to alternative kayboard options in Language and input.
make install the new keyboard and click on on-screen keyboard menu
click manage then you choose to enable and disable here.

Thanks, that did the keyboard trick!
In all previous Android versions I have changed to my favourite keyboard via settings->languages and input. That was enough. Didn´t have to go to an app like SMS and bring up the keyboard and change via the keyboard icon.
Looks like it´s new in Nougat.

I meant ring signal when receiving calls. But that is solved.
I tried with several MP3-files from my music library, but none worked. They worked before I did the factory reset.
When I choosed one of my MP3-files from the folder where the preinstalled ringsignals are stored in the internal storage, they all work.

This must also be new in Nougat.
Xperia™ 1 V @home
Xperia™ XZ Premium @work
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2017-01-30 15:48
maratonmannen - glad it worked out for you! i also have problems getting my custom mp3's to play as ringtones. it's frustrating.
moogoo
Nokia 5160 -> Nokia 8260 -> SE T68i -> SE K700i -> SE Z710 -> SE Xperia X10a -> Sony Xperia S -> Sony Xperia Z1 -> Sony Xperia XZ -> Sony Xperia XZ Premium -> Sony Xperia 1ii
XperiaJunkie
Sony Xperia Z
PM, WWW
Posted: 2017-02-01 23:01
New firmware downloaded, build number is 39.2.A.0.417 it's the February 1st security patch. Considering its the 1st of February today the roll out time is amazing, well done Sony.
[ This Message was edited by: XperiaJunkie on 2017-02-01 22:11 ]
I'm so happy 'cause today
I've found my friends ...
They're in my head
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2017-02-02 22:04
got mine too.

no noticeable changes so surely just a security update.
moogoo
rss_ndrsn
Sony Xperia X Performance
PM
Posted: 2017-02-09 00:48
Hey guys, i have a question. When you guys set your screen to auto-rotate, do the apps' icons rotate as well. I tried to do the same with my Xperia X Performance but it did not work. However, the whole screen orientation changed when vuewing inside the app. Thanks.

By the way, my phone currently running nougat with latest february security update.

moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2017-02-09 19:00
rss_ndrsn - when i set my "home screen" to rotate, everything rotates to landscape or portrait as appropriate. When you only set the display to auto rotate, then only when viewing in the app is there any rotation. to get to the home screen settings, long press anywhere on the screen like when adding widgets and click on settings. it should be the first option. cheers.
moogoo
Masterful
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2017-02-13 03:30
Sony Xperia XZ Vs Microsoft Lumia 950: Camera Photo Comparison

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsTyrnWwPK8
Shino03
S700
PM
Posted: 2017-02-13 14:19
The white balance is top-notched. That light sensor is no joke!

I must say that XZ's camera is really damn good.
[ This Message was edited by: Shino03 on 2017-02-13 13:21 ]
XperiaJunkie
Sony Xperia Z
PM, WWW
Posted: 2017-02-15 12:26
Love macro mode on the XZ!!

Original
They're in my head
XperiaJunkie
Sony Xperia Z
PM, WWW
Posted: 2017-02-15 18:35
Here's two more shots from my trip to Amsterdam.

Original

Original
They're in my head
latestonesur
Model not set
PM, WWW
Posted: 2017-02-16 13:01
Was so good and with decent features. But now there is a trend of finger print sensor at rear side is booming much I think if sony also provides it good. What you say on it.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 414243 444546  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic