Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Android > Sony Xperia X Performance Announced

Author Sony Xperia X Performance Announced
ADIDA
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2016-07-29 08:42
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I have Xperia X with amazing camera............
WagnerNarcos
Sony Xperia X Performance
PM
Posted: 2016-07-30 05:15

On 2016-07-29 08:29:25, McKinley Wrote:
Sony Xperia X Performance Scores 88
http://www.dxomark.com/Mobile[....]bile-review-Impressive-results

I recall someone in here writing that Sony have been lackluster in the camera department.
Obviously DXOMark people, think differently

[ This Message was edited by: McKinley on 2016-07-29 08:50 ]

https://www.dpreview.com/news[....]core-in-dxomark-mobile-ranking
rss_ndrsn
PM
Posted: 2016-08-01 10:57
Where can i find the macro setting in the XP's camera?? It does not seem to have any??
doministry
Sony Xperia Z2
PM, WWW
Posted: 2016-08-01 16:01

On 2016-08-01 10:57:12, rss_ndrsn wrote:
Where can i find the macro setting in the XP's camera?? It does not seem to have any??

Document Scene.
OR on Auto, it will switch on by itself.
a w a r e
tai020381
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2016-08-01 17:51

On 2016-08-01 10:57:12, rss_ndrsn wrote:

Gourmet mode??
xenia
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2016-08-01 18:20
Some shot from my new toy
one
two
doministry
Sony Xperia Z2
PM, WWW
Posted: 2016-08-13 01:20
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IV9zVcxi_HU
a w a r e
WagnerNarcos
PM
Posted: 2016-08-13 07:00
Xperia X Performance Vs OnePlus 3 Camera Test: Video, OIS, Max Zoom

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAcLxgwNmog
WagnerNarcos
PM
Posted: 2016-08-16 06:40
Sony Xperia X Performance Vs Samsung Galaxy S7: Ouch...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YWq0GPm_b4
badassmam
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2016-08-20 14:14
My one week review:

Got this to play with for a week, try before I buy but that is not going to happen. In terms of design I can't complain, some people say that it looks a bit stale now but it's great in grey and feels way more ergonomic compared to the Z5. Build quality is great, nice weight to it and good proportions, bezels are not an issue and the curved glass is nice but reflects a lot on sunny days. Overall, the move to a full metal body is great and definitely a step forward from glass.

In terms of everyday use, the hardware is great. No lag or slowdown for watching video, music, browsing and multi tasking. Nice clean interface as you expect from Sony but it is looking too familiar. They need an updated theme store, the option to drastically change colours and icons will really freshen up the look. Most people will probably download Nova launcher but I want a consistent theme throughout. Compared to HTC and Samsung, Sony themes are limited and inconsistent. It feels like the guys over at XDA are far more restricted in their designs. A step back to the KitKat day themes is what I'm talking about.

Gaming is a toss up. While everything looks fine and the frame rate is consistently high, the b*tch does overheat. You can play many hours of a game but lets say you play 30 minutes of Real Racing 3 then go and try and shoot a video, it will cause the camera to shut down. I couldn't get a minute of 1080 60 fps out of it before the camera shuts down. That is some bullsh*t. So if I prep the phone by putting it in the fridge for 5 minutes, I can get some good minutes but that's not practical. While I saw no causes for alarm in photo quality, I had a problem of battery drain. Camera UI takes ages to find and fumble settings so much so that your opportunity to take a photo of the Lamborghini had gone even though the driver managed to fuel it, grab a coffee, make a phone call and take a leak before you manage to get a decent shot. Sensor seems good but the whole experience is rubbish. They need all the options there available for a quick change and a better auto mode for those sudden capture moments. When you do bump the resolution to 23MP and make adjustments you get awesome results so I'm adamant that the sensor it one of the best and that with the right optimisation, it would without doubt be the best mobile camera.

Battery life is truly mediocre, even with a 1080p screen it gets trumped by phones with higher resolution screens. Even though I bang on about how the S7 battery life is junk, it totally urinates over this thing when they should be a lot more comparable. That means there is something quite wrong happening with Sony.

My sincerest and most honest opinion being a person who only buys Sony as a personal device: this is not worth the money. It feels like a marketing exercise, see how much they can squeeze out from the fans and how far they can push my patience. Camera needs revamping, sensors are great but the experience is horrible in today's standards. My advice would be to go for the normal X because it performs as well with less heat and is more realistically priced. It still have the same camera and weak battery but its less disappointing. Camera sensor heating is something I never imagined would be an issue considering it not even 4K recording. Any type of augmented reality through the camera is fatal for the device and that is absolutely ridiculous. The other alternative is the XA or XA Ultra which are cheap and look great.

I'm expecting so much more from Sony at their IFA event.
hello1000
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2016-08-21 09:19

On 2016-08-20 14:14:02, badassmam wrote:
My one week review:

Got this to play with for a week, try before I buy but that is not going to happen. In terms of design I can't complain, some people say that it looks a bit stale now but it's great in grey and feels way more ergonomic compared to the Z5. Build quality is great, nice weight to it and good proportions, bezels are not an issue and the curved glass is nice but reflects a lot on sunny days. Overall, the move to a full metal body is great and definitely a step forward from glass.

In terms of everyday use, the hardware is great. No lag or slowdown for watching video, music, browsing and multi tasking. Nice clean interface as you expect from Sony but it is looking too familiar. They need an updated theme store, the option to drastically change colours and icons will really freshen up the look. Most people will probably download Nova launcher but I want a consistent theme throughout. Compared to HTC and Samsung, Sony themes are limited and inconsistent. It feels like the guys over at XDA are far more restricted in their designs. A step back to the KitKat day themes is what I'm talking about.

Gaming is a toss up. While everything looks fine and the frame rate is consistently high, the b*tch does overheat. You can play many hours of a game but lets say you play 30 minutes of Real Racing 3 then go and try and shoot a video, it will cause the camera to shut down. I couldn't get a minute of 1080 60 fps out of it before the camera shuts down. That is some bullsh*t. So if I prep the phone by putting it in the fridge for 5 minutes, I can get some good minutes but that's not practical. While I saw no causes for alarm in photo quality, I had a problem of battery drain. Camera UI takes ages to find and fumble settings so much so that your opportunity to take a photo of the Lamborghini had gone even though the driver managed to fuel it, grab a coffee, make a phone call and take a leak before you manage to get a decent shot. Sensor seems good but the whole experience is rubbish. They need all the options there available for a quick change and a better auto mode for those sudden capture moments. When you do bump the resolution to 23MP and make adjustments you get awesome results so I'm adamant that the sensor it one of the best and that with the right optimisation, it would without doubt be the best mobile camera.

Battery life is truly mediocre, even with a 1080p screen it gets trumped by phones with higher resolution screens. Even though I bang on about how the S7 battery life is junk, it totally urinates over this thing when they should be a lot more comparable. That means there is something quite wrong happening with Sony.

My sincerest and most honest opinion being a person who only buys Sony as a personal device: this is not worth the money. It feels like a marketing exercise, see how much they can squeeze out from the fans and how far they can push my patience. Camera needs revamping, sensors are great but the experience is horrible in today's standards. My advice would be to go for the normal X because it performs as well with less heat and is more realistically priced. It still have the same camera and weak battery but its less disappointing. Camera sensor heating is something I never imagined would be an issue considering it not even 4K recording. Any type of augmented reality through the camera is fatal for the device and that is absolutely ridiculous. The other alternative is the XA or XA Ultra which are cheap and look great.

Nice review.

But ï have no single overheat problems, the camera is awsome. The best camera to date easy kill the S7 no oversharping, to much colors in S7.

The only problem is battery life, and be honest ï will believe Sony come with update for the batterylife.

Mebay you have faulty Phone.
badassmam
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2016-08-22 12:18
Do a benchmark test and make a note of the score. Play 20 minutes of Real Racing 3 or equivalent graphics intensive game and do the benchmark again and you'll see a massive reduction in the score. Play 20 minutes of games then take a video and you'll see it shut down. I don't think its faulty, it just when you push the device then things start to go wrong.

I've had the XA Ultra for the weekend and that is a far better device, its looks stunning and performs superbly. For its price it gives a very good account for itself against the S7. I'm very tempted to buy one, a lot more than the supposed flagships.
hello1000
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2016-08-22 13:40

On 2016-08-22 12:18:31, badassmam wrote:
Do a benchmark test and make a note of the score. Play 20 minutes of Real Racing 3 or equivalent graphics intensive game and do the benchmark again and you'll see a massive reduction in the score. Play 20 minutes of games then take a video and you'll see it shut down. I don't think its faulty, it just when you push the device then things start to go wrong.

I've had the XA Ultra for the weekend and that is a far better device, its looks stunning and performs superbly. For its price it gives a very good account for itself against the S7. I'm very tempted to buy one, a lot more than the supposed flagships.

Ï also play intensive on my Phone , no single problems you have, I think you have faulty Phone and their so few complain about it, Just switch your Phone.
Supa_Fly
X1 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2016-08-25 00:14

On 2016-08-20 14:14:02, badassmam wrote:
My one week review:

My sincerest and most honest opinion being a person who only buys Sony as a personal device: this is not worth the money. It feels like a marketing exercise, see how much they can squeeze out from the fans and how far they can push my patience. ... Camera sensor heating is something I never imagined would be an issue considering it not even 4K recording. Any type of augmented reality through the camera is fatal for the device and that is absolutely ridiculous. ....

THIS ... THIS right THAR ... is a REAL MAN'S review ... real world!

WORD!

Not some garbage boy spitting junk he read off a package about specs and tossing off saying a product doesn't compare but talking about the SPECIFIC USE of the product!

in my books ... "badassmam" earned his name for LIFE and should be named official reviewer of Esato!

Well done!
|AppleTV2|iPhone 12Mini 256GB|iPad Pro 256GB| Previously ... K750|Z500|Z520|K700|K790i|K850i, :Ericsson: T18z|T28World|T36m x3|T68m (Ericsson, not the rebranded T68i).
badassmam
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2016-08-25 13:36
@Supa_Fly

Thanks for the compliment, much appreciated. My opinions about a number of review sites changed because I get very different results when I use a device as a normal guy in normal situations. I appreciate that you should try and be scientific and do certain tests but all devices fluctuate. To be truly scientific, you have to do the identical tests on every phone every week for a couple of months and then perhaps 6 months later, using three of the same phone. Then an average guy should do the same tests and see if they get the same result. Personally, I go on forums and see what people are saying because those are the real reviews, you can learn so much and its the little details like how Z3 Compact glue would come off, when the Xperia Z came with either JDI or Sharp panel, software bugs and so on. There is a goldmine of information on those sites compared to 'review' sites.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic