Forum > Manufacturer Discussion > Samsung > Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Announced

Previous  123 45 ... 181920  Next
Author Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Announced
emerson_shei
Sony Xperia Z3
PM
Posted: 2016-02-27 03:10
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
These images were so good comparison to show the potential of each camera !

The first image was taken by LG G5 using an ISO (150) and shutter speed (1/24s), no doubt the result presented is very good !!!

The second image was captured by the SAMSUNG GALAXY S7 EDGE using an ISO (160) and shutter speed (1/33s), no doubt the result presented is excellent, especially taking into account that we are analyzing a mobile phone and not a digital camera !!!

In this test we see the devices being compared in the same environment with the same lighting conditions, the same camera parameters, however the final results are quite different and show an indisputable victory of GALAXY S7 EDGE !!!

Below I will cut both images in the center because there this evidenced a frame with some saying:

LG G5:

SAMSUNG GALAXY S7 EDGE:

See now ? While the image obtained by the G5 noise reduction applied, no get all the details leaving ineligible practically everything that is written on the board and on the bottle labels, S7 EDGE clearly see what is written in the bigger picture, in some labels on the bottles (campari for example) and, finally, what is written in the lower board !

Physical always wins, whether you like it or not... Bigger and better image sensor, sharper lens and longer focal opening, better autofocus system and finally better post processing, like superior picture quality and matter closed !!!
difenbaker
Nokia N95 8GB
PM
Posted: 2016-02-27 06:33
Without looking at the exif, actually I really couldnt see the data when I checked, because its in PNG and not JPEG...
But going by just the quality of the photos themselves, I see a huge difference between these two.

Can you see them too?

The one on the bottom is better in low light as it lets more light in... BUT its also less sharp than the one at the top. Also, the one at the bottom has more artifacts surrounding the objects... just look at that light in the middle of each photo.

But I am just nitpicking... such differences will probably go unnoticed by the average user.

cheers!
[ This Message was edited by: difenbaker on 2016-02-27 05:50 ]
..function cant coffee without in the morning.
Sassho
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2016-02-27 06:40
Shei - both G5/S7 camera are Great as phone , and both sensors are Sony Exmor. Same sensors - same quality.
emerson_shei
Sony Xperia Z3
PM
Posted: 2016-02-27 07:10

On 2016-02-27 06:33:17, difenbaker wrote:
Without looking at the exif, actually I really couldnt see the data when I checked, because its in PNG and not JPEG...
But going by just the quality of the photos themselves, I see a huge difference between these two.

Can you see them too?

The one on the bottom is better in low light as it lets more light in... BUT its also less sharp than the one at the top. Also, the one at the bottom has more artifacts surrounding the objects... just look at that light in the middle of each photo.

But I am just nitpicking... such differences will probably go unnoticed by the average user.

cheers!
[ This Message was edited by: difenbaker on 2016-02-27 05:50 ]

Both cameras are great, but the integrated camera to the S7 / S7 Edge is better, especially in low light situations !
emerson_shei
Sony Xperia Z3
PM
Posted: 2016-02-27 07:15

On 2016-02-27 06:40:20, Sassho wrote:
Shei - both G5/S7 camera are Great as phone , and both sensors are Sony Exmor. Same sensors - same quality.

In fact the sensors are from the same manufacturer (SONY) and are in the same line technology (EXMOR RS), yet are not equal !

The integrated sensor to S7 / S7 Edge (IMX260) is newer, has a larger size and greater pixel size (1.44) in relation to this image sensor G5 (IMX234+T4KA3), but in fact both phones are great, have great cameras, but the camera present in S7 and S7 Edge is better especially in low light situations !!

In my opinion, S7, S7 Edge, Nexus 6P, Nexus 5X, G5, V10, G4, S6 Edge Plus and S6 Edge respectively in this order are the best cameraphones on the market, despite the expensive DXOMARK to the contrary
[ This Message was edited by: emerson_shei on 2016-02-27 06:25 ]
emerson_shei
Sony Xperia Z3
PM
Posted: 2016-02-27 07:30
Unboxing Of Amazing Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qs55Oeygbpg
davidsic
Samsung Galaxy S 4
PM
Posted: 2016-02-27 18:55
emerson shei, first i tried the 808 pv but i never like this phone, for everyday pics (just point & shoot) i probably said that the GS3 is more easy to the 808 that i found sometimes washed out, sometimes not really sharp ect...but it was more than 3 years ago.

I talk about my experience with my S6 edge + and my G4 and the pics i see from S7 and G5 looks very similar of their predecessors (same kind of noise reduction, same "texture").

Sometimes G5 (and G4) eat details in low light with the noise reduction but the S6 family (and it's also apparently the case with S7) show grainy noise...difenbaker has well explained what i mean.

I also find the S7 daylight pics less sharp than G5.

For me it's not a flawless victory, both have strong points and flaws and it's question of taste and i don't want to start a war with you but to explain my point of view

Another crops from gsmarena comparison...

S7 crop

G5 crop

As you see it's not always the same story in every pics.

Here crops made by myself the same day same hour auto mode, hdr auto...

S6 Edge Plus

G4

[ This Message was edited by: davidsic on 2016-02-27 18:16 ]
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2016-02-27 22:02
When the Note 4 arrived even Steve Litchfield, the biggest Symbian and 808PV fan from AAS and AAW could no longer truly defend the 808 and made a great write-up on how Samsungs had caught up in photography
http://www.allaboutsymbian.co[....]alling_it-the_age_of_Nokia.php

Samsung have done a fantastic job since.
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max White Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
davidsic
Samsung Galaxy S 4
PM
Posted: 2016-02-27 23:43
True and he wrote this too -> http://www.androidbeat.com/2015/05/camera-phone-shootout-lg-g4-versus-samsung-galaxy-s6/
Sassho
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2016-02-28 06:53
@Diff - nice worked review , but SGS6 is strong in RAW mode - great noiseless RAW quality . G4 is Best with stock Camera app , RAW too noisy. I dont understand all discussion - all camera in all flagmanship are great , just need shot noting more
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2016-02-28 10:36
Seems Samsung is ALREADY shipping some S7 and S7 Edge units to their new owners:
https://mobile.twitter.com/droid_life/status/703677137643941888

Seems OEMs like Sony could learn a lot about Announcement to shipping times from Samsung.
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max White Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
difenbaker
Nokia N95 8GB
PM
Posted: 2016-02-28 12:30

On 2016-02-28 06:53:24, Sassho wrote:
@Diff - nice worked review , but SGS6 is strong in RAW mode - great noiseless RAW quality . G4 is Best with stock Camera app , RAW too noisy. I dont understand all discussion - all camera in all flagmanship are great , just need shot noting more

True enough.. yup, they're all great.

Been thinking about the S7 camera lately. For myself, Im just wondering if Sammy made the right moves? If you dont listen to the hype (from tons of articles on the net)... you get to examine the device for what it is, and not what people make it out to be.

Like why did they lower down the megapixel count? Was anyone complaining? Why did they have to make it thinner... again, was anyone complaining? Its becoming more and more obvious... that Sammy did what they did, for the sole purpose of having the S7 different from the S6. The reason was not to upgrade, I believe, but to offer something different.

Why did they have to make it 12mp and have LARGER sized pixels? Dont they know that larger pixels mean less sharpness? Sure, they made it focus faster, but unless you're heavily into sports photography with your phone - why did they have to do that? The S6 focuses fast enough - was there a need for this new tech? Anyone I know who is SERIOUS with catching fast objects, or are serious with having fast focusing ALREADY has a DSLR or a good digicam.

Im just thinking... was the tradeoff worth it? Yes, the S7 does have a larger 'opening' (1.7 vs 1.9 in the S6).... as seen in the sample photos, this lets in slightly more light. But a large opening on a smaller sensor is a no-no. Pics tend to get washed out. Like in the blowup I posted... some artifacts were showing. Its like software had applied some heavy editing to make it look as sharp. Why couldn't just kept it at 16mp and then just make it 1.7? Why did they have to put in a smaller sensor?

And then there's that issue of the OIS being electronic and not optical. They probably deleted some lenses or some coatings on the camera.. to make it thinner. Again, WHY did the do that? Was anyone complaining that s6 and s6 edge were too thick? Of course they will call it "OIS"... same with Apple, who also calls their OIS as OIS. So Im still waiting for a teardown. If the S7 camera comes out as having FEWER parts... then there's my answer.

Anyway, all the above are just some thoughts... I am NOT recommending or de-recommending the S7 camera. If you want to buy it, I say go for it. In my opinion, again this is MY opinion only, I think it is a downgrade in terms of photo quality. Sure it would be great for sports... but other than that, that fast(er) focusing is less useful for me. I need to see more details.

cheers!

[ This Message was edited by: difenbaker on 2016-02-28 11:47 ]
Sassho
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2016-02-29 06:51
Nice article by Murtazin about S7 Edge camera and new samples.
http://mobile-review.com/articles/2016/birulki-370.shtml

here translated

...many pixels - many detail

[ This Message was edited by: Sassho on 2016-02-29 06:14 ]
difenbaker
Nokia N95 8GB
PM
Posted: 2016-02-29 07:56

On 2016-02-29 06:51:28, Sassho wrote:
Nice article by Murtazin about S7 Edge camera and new samples.
http://mobile-review.com/articles/2016/birulki-370.shtml

here translated

That's a very interesting write-up...
I think he just solved the mystery of why Samsung is better (in terms of photo quality and cost) in using Sony camera sensors than Sony themselves.

Also, its a 'preliminary' review... Im eager to see his final full review of the S7.

cheers!
[ This Message was edited by: difenbaker on 2016-02-29 07:05 ]
Sassho
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2016-02-29 08:07
Interesting this - Exmor IMX260 is made especially for Samsung one year before IMX240 in Galaxy S6. In real this is old sensor , but commercial contract is commercial contract - IMX260 sensors must be sell Buy "new" camera with "big" "fat" pixels , buy If you want real great camerafone - Galaxy S6 / LG G5 / LG G4.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 45 ... 181920  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic