Forum > Manufacturer Discussion > Samsung > Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Announced

Previous  123 ... 1617 181920  Next
Author Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Announced
Ranjith
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2017-02-02 15:25
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Got a 15MB update for the nougat. Also, does any one have this issue with "OK Google" from any screen automatically getting switched off? Ive been having this issue with the Marshmallow too.
I ESATO
I W1i

T20,T65, P800(2x),K800,Z300, 800, 850 (2x),P1i(with WALKMAN)
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2017-02-24 21:17
I got some 98mb update in Nougat, seems to have further improved battery life

Unfortunately I don't use Google Now.

Must say, I am very happy with Nougat on the S7 Edge, phone runs cooler, smoother, faster and the Stand By battery life is incredible on top of the legendary S7 Edge usage battery life.

Must say, I have come to truly appreciate the way the Edge Display makes the phone so compact despite a large display. I have had my S7 Edge next to LGs, Apple iPhone Plus models, HTCs, Huaweis,Sonys etc.. with 5.2-5.7inch displays and the S7 Edge despite the large 5.5inch display is more comparable to a 5.2inch display phone in size, simply brilliant

Other phones tend to look dated next to the S7 Edge, and other phones Bezels tend to look too large now. I cannot wait to see how the S8 is going to look, apparently they will fit a much larger Display in the same body as the S7 Edge
[ This Message was edited by: Tsepz_GP on 2017-02-24 20:20 ]
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2017-03-03 15:52
Well deserved

GSMA has recognized the Samsung Galaxy S7 edge as the “Best Smartphone of 2016”
http://www.gsmarena.com/samsu[....]one_at_mwc_2017-news-23687.php

Looking at what has been announced in the last 3weeks, I'd say the Galaxy S7 Edge is even a competitor to the new stuff, most have stuck to 4GB RAM,not much improvement in Cameras, Design, SoC or Features.

Think I'll be quite happy with my S7 Edge until late next year at this rate.

The Galaxy S8 and Note 8 won't have much challenge as competitors mostly seem to have stalled, so it's Samsung's year to take it, and ensure they don't screw up.
[ This Message was edited by: Tsepz_GP on 2017-03-03 14:53 ]
Shino03
S700
PM
Posted: 2017-03-04 13:01
http://www.techtimes.com/arti[....]r-escapes-serious-injuries.htm

Another explosion.
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2017-03-05 00:09
That's a shame, I think there is more to this story.

Considering how the S7 Edge has sold and how the few of these cases are due to external damage.

Glad she is okay.
Sassho
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2017-03-06 22:47
Huawei P10 vs S7 Edge- nice camera samples
http://mobile-review.com/articles/2017/birulki-423.shtml
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2017-03-10 16:45
It's beautiful to be back on Exynos consistently smooth performance, little heat and oooh the incredible battery life loving this beast, phones with 1080P displays can suck on it lol.

[ This Message was edited by: Tsepz_GP on 2017-03-10 15:46 ]
aussieland1
LG Nexus 5
PM
Posted: 2017-03-11 20:16
Good to hear it is running good on Nougat . I would have bought one if S8 plus was not around the corner . XZ premium too
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2017-03-13 16:24
Just saw the GSMArena LG G6 Battery Life review, and WOW, the S7 Edge seems to still be in too in terms of even 2017, we will see how the Sony Xperia XZ Premium does with the more efficient 835 SoC, but i get the feeling it will take a whole lot more to takeout the S7 Edge

http://www.gsmarena.com/lg_g6_battery_life-news-23911.php

Quite a shocking result, I'm pretty sure there are 2015 and 2014 Flagships that got the same result or a tad better.

How is it that in 2017 Smartphones with +5.5inch displays are still coming with Batteries less than 3500mAh!? Makes no sense at all.

Battery Life really shouldn't even be a discussion point now, hopefully 2018 will bring more large Battery phones. I see even the Galaxy S8 Plus is said to have a 3500mah battery, why aren't Samsung at least fitting a 4000mah battery considering how large that Display will be.
aussieland1
LG Nexus 5
PM
Posted: 2017-03-13 22:29
I don't think that the battery life of LG G6 is that bad especially considering the large screen . I don't think that the announced price and availability in Europe are both bad moves . You can fit larger batteries of course but look what happens with Note 7- if you try to hard you can end up with other problems . This plus the 100 minutes for full charge I think makes it ok
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2017-03-14 05:23

On 2017-03-13 22:29:42, aussieland1 wrote:
I don't think that the battery life of LG G6 is that bad especially considering the large screen . I don't think that the announced price and availability in Europe are both bad moves . You can fit larger batteries of course but look what happens with Note 7- if you try to hard you can end up with other problems . This plus the 100 minutes for full charge I think makes it ok

The Note 7 had a larger body yet smaller battery than the S7 Edge which has a slightly larger battery. The problem was that Samsung took a risk with placement of its battery, had it been in the centre it would have been fine.

For those of us who keep our phones for more than a year we need phones with large batteries, constantly charging the phone will reduce it's capacity much faster and make it inconvenient to own that phone in the long run.

This whole thing of making up smaller capacity batteries with faster charging IMO, is pure BS, faster charging should not be a band aid to a small battery,it should just be a great convenience for when your Battery does go flat.

IMO, LG should have at least put a 3500mah battery, if I'm not mistaken LiPo batteries allow for a bit more flexibility in terms of shape, the tech is there, if they weren't being cheapskates they could have used a LiPo battery at 3500mah and made it fit in the body, make it taller like the phone is.
[ This Message was edited by: Tsepz_GP on 2017-03-14 04:26 ]
aussieland1
LG Nexus 5
PM
Posted: 2017-03-14 07:56
Tsepz

I am not quite sure what you are getting at , the score om GSMArena said 72 hours which is 3 days. So with a normal usage this is over 2 days say 1.5 days heavier usage - how is this repeated charge ? Considering life of the battery of 509 charges this still means 2 years of battery life . I think you probably mean a problem for heavy users . Also I dont get how fast charge excuse is bs - if battery is run down you can quickly charge it so you can continue to use it

Anyway just to be clear - I am not against large batteries , far from it , I just don't think battery life on G6 is as bad as you make it out to be
badassmam
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2017-03-14 12:53
Even if processors are more efficient the programs are now a lot more intensive particularly games so that levels itself out plus a few years ago people would only be on Facebook but now you're logged onto all sorts and the chances are that you'll peek a lot more at your phone. Anyway, there has to be greater capacity batteries even if you compromise the size of the phone because you're starting to push the limits of ergonomics, by that I mean you can't make a phone that much bigger or smaller because you just won't be able to use it. You should be able to squeeze more into the body and we should be able to demand that from such expensive flagships. At the same time though, some of these Chinese phones have monster batteries but they are no better than an efficient device with small battery. The best way forward is to look at new battery types and materials, possibly a way to recharge the phone without a power source so solar or kinetics. If you look at electric cars they can charge their batteries under braking and that concept is the way forward I think.
Ranjith
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2017-03-14 13:08
Samsung just launched Samsung PAY here in India but im still unable to download it form Play Store since it says my device is incompatible. Is this due to my device having a UAE CSC code? (No Samsung Pay in UAE..but im located in India)

Thanks
I ESATO
I W1i

T20,T65, P800(2x),K800,Z300, 800, 850 (2x),P1i(with WALKMAN)
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2017-03-14 16:12

On 2017-03-14 07:56:33, aussieland1 wrote:
Tsepz

I am not quite sure what you are getting at , the score om GSMArena said 72 hours which is 3 days. So with a normal usage this is over 2 days say 1.5 days heavier usage - how is this repeated charge ? Considering life of the battery of 509 charges this still means 2 years of battery life . I think you probably mean a problem for heavy users . Also I dont get how fast charge excuse is bs - if battery is run down you can quickly charge it so you can continue to use it

Anyway just to be clear - I am not against large batteries , far from it , I just don't think battery life on G6 is as bad as you make it out to be

The GSMARENA Battery Test is more of a Benchmark of how the hardware fairs, but that final endurance rating isn't something most of us will get, it is just a good idea of where the phones stand amongst each other, most people with WhatsApp, Facebook and Instagram alone won't get those figures.

I'm not saying the Battery Life is bad, I'm saying it should be far better, a 72hour GSMARENA Endurance Rating tells me the LG G6 will fair worse than a Galaxy Note 4 that is now 3years old with a smaller battery and 90h Endurance Rating. Should we not be seeing progress here??? All this talk of newer hardware and power saving features but we are not seeing better figures than some 2-3yearold devices.

Last year we saw devices like the Huawei Mate 9, OnePlus 3T, Google Pixel XL and S7 Edge come with huge batteries, and all these devices have proven great, the LG G6 should be showing better results surely?

On 2017-03-14 12:53:08, badassmam wrote:
Even if processors are more efficient the programs are now a lot more intensive particularly games so that levels itself out plus a few years ago people would only be on Facebook but now you're logged onto all sorts and the chances are that you'll peek a lot more at your phone. Anyway, there has to be greater capacity batteries even if you compromise the size of the phone because you're starting to push the limits of ergonomics, by that I mean you can't make a phone that much bigger or smaller because you just won't be able to use it. You should be able to squeeze more into the body and we should be able to demand that from such expensive flagships. At the same time though, some of these Chinese phones have monster batteries but they are no better than an efficient device with small battery. The best way forward is to look at new battery types and materials, possibly a way to recharge the phone without a power source so solar or kinetics. If you look at electric cars they can charge their batteries under braking and that concept is the way forward I think.

This is exactly my point. There is only so much software can do if the hardware is not up to scratch, we need larger batteries, better software and indeed possibly a way to keep these devices going outside of having to plug in all the time.

Even as a heavy user I see my friends​ and family many of whom are more "average users" use their phones a whole lot more to text, read news, check social media, game etc... Apps like Instagram and Snapchat that are heavily used by many "average users" can be absolute power hogs, so smaller batteries will mean a whole lot more charging and much faster deterioration in the Battery capacity.
[ This Message was edited by: Tsepz_GP on 2017-03-14 15:22 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 1617 181920  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic