Previous  123 ... 333435 ... 122123124  Next
Author Sony Xperia Rumours 2016
blackzeros
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2016-02-25 16:43
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2016-02-25 13:48:22, ascariss wrote:
Unless the specs are wrong on Sony's site and gsamarena, seems like the x performance is lacking 4k recording? Hmm anyone see anything from sony showing 4k recording?

OK checked the white paper and it shows nothing about 4k recording.
[ This Message was edited by: ascariss on 2016-02-25 12:55 ]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIlHkJcuTrY
there are 4k videos on youtube from new x series if they arent fake.
ascariss
Sony Xperia Z3
PM
Posted: 2016-02-25 16:58
I don't know what to think or believe, both sony's website, press release and white paper lack any 4k video recording info, or even IP certification info. Why exclude such information if the device has it? perplexing. Maybe like the person stated on that video, withhold info as to keep Z5 sales intact? But then why the hell announce a phone that won't be going on sale for another 4-5 months ffs.

Any more videos though?
blackzeros
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2016-02-25 17:00

On 2016-02-25 16:58:51, ascariss wrote:
I don't know what to think or believe, both sony's website, press release and white paper lack any 4k video recording info, or even IP certification info. Why exclude such information if the device has it? perplexing. Maybe like the person stated on that video, withhold info as to keep Z5 sales intact? But then why the hell announce a phone that won't be going on sale for another 4-5 months ffs.

Any more videos though?

https://www.youtube.com/results?q=xperia+x+4k&sp=CAI%253D
nightwing369
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2016-02-25 17:04

On 2016-02-25 16:40:07, nikos_se wrote:

On 2016-02-25 07:19:24, yuunanase wrote:
I have a feeling that is is dumber than this. During the event, Sony did mention that they are focusing on battery, speed and camera. That seems very much like what they did with the Marshmallow Concept. This means that future phones are more like a software bump instead.

How are they focusing on battery when they only include a 2700mah battery on their 600euros++ phones?How are they focusing on speed when they include a 3GB ram,while all the other major players include 4GB?How are they focusing on camera when they don't include 4K recording and OIS?I'm not against Sony not offering the best of the best anymore,but mid-range specs come with a mid-range price.Back in the day,the K700/K750/w800/k800/w910 were big successes because they carried mid-range price.Sony,nowadays,offers too little,too late,too expensive.

Answer to your question is below:

On 2016-02-25 14:52:56, nightwing369 wrote:
Guys, I know some of you won't do, but for the others, let's just wait to see what Sony release at IFA2016. Any rumours or inside knowledge relating to Sony's next release (which will be IFA2016) can be shared as and when any of us have it. For now, chill out
Now, which of you is the friend of a friend who cleans the house of the guy who's brother used to sleep with Kaz's wife?

Check this for the latest on the upcoming Sony phones for 2013: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AreyfktYnDHtdHN0bVFPdUFJd0ZiNzZQcjMwV1I5M0E#gid=0
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2016-02-25 18:55

On 2016-02-25 06:42:20, thetube wrote:

On 2016-02-25 06:29:41, Tsepz_GP wrote:

On 2016-02-24 19:09:17, thetube wrote:

On 2016-02-24 18:42:02, Tsepz_GP wrote:

On 2016-02-24 17:44:58, maiaramdan wrote:
if really they will delete the Z line forever, then i think it's better to kill all XPERIA brand and move on
it will be the worst decision ever made in history
i honestly never had any phone except Sony / Ericsson in the 90th . then Sony Ericsson in 2000th . then Sony
but now honestly i was in the market for a new phone after a year now from my Z3 compact . and i was waiting for the Z6
maybe now i can have a real innovative phone
maybe Nextbit Robin with its Cloud ready or Fujitsu Arrows NX F-04G with its Iris scanner or Yotaphone III i called them and they confirmed by the mid of this year with its Dual screen as predecessor or even Sharp aquos zeta docomo sh-03g with its amazing screen body ratio or BB Priv with the full keyboard and BB security

You'd be doing yourself a major disservice in getting any of those over a Samsung, LG, iPhone or Nexus, best of luck though.

No offense but BlackBerry priv is great. You would be surprised how the camera performs under low light. I don't think Sony will kill the Z line. There is no logical reason.

The Priv heats up a lot, most of them are poorly built and lastly, the Snapdragon 808 was already underpowered in 2015, getting a Priv over Snapdragon 820 devices would just not make sense at all. Heck, I'd rather get a Huawei Mate 8 if I wanted to be "different", at least the Kirin950 packs a lot of power and the build quality is top notch.

I have a priv and it doesn't heat up. . It is not poorly built in anyways. I agree with the SoC. But I wonder if you are using AutoCad on your phone .

Glad you like yours, but the one I played with certainly didn't seem that well built, and looking at CrackBerry Forums that seems to be the trend, it seems the battery life also isn't on par with other flagships.

It's just not a device I'd recommend to anyone other than to someone coming from another BlackBerry looking for some familiarity.
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max White Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
difenbaker
Nokia N95 8GB
PM
Posted: 2016-02-25 19:13
mmm... the Z5 will be so affected by this. It might even appreciate? It will be selling like crazy... being the "Last of the Z's"... its price wont be dropping any time soon.

Im thinkin, all this might be a marketing tactic? Tell the public that there will be no z6, then monitor the market, gauge how people will react to the new X series. Then if people dont buy X... make and release a z7! People will call it a 'comeback' product and Sony will reap the rewards.

I think Sony needs to do some 'damage control', the Z's name was tarnished during that naming disaster. When the Z3 was sold as the Z4 and vice versa - rather than figure things out, people just stayed away. Then came that snapdragon overheating disaster... and one of their solutions was not to exceed a certain number of minutes of video taking to prevent it from overheating? Its like Apple telling its customers - "You're holding it wrong!" Again, most people just stayed away.

So if the Z is gone, noone will remember those "disasters" it had.... Sony's image will be eventually be restored. "Saving face" is a big thing in Japan.

I hope Sony will surprise us with a new "Z" some years from now... fans will be ecstatic! Remember what happened when the new Camaro and Mustang was revised and was sold again? It sold thousands upon thousands on the first year! So if the car companies can do it.. why not Sony? It may loose sales now... but it can always come back with a great phone.

cheers!
[ This Message was edited by: difenbaker on 2016-02-25 18:27 ]
..function cant coffee without in the morning.
amirprog
W800
PM
Posted: 2016-02-25 19:27
The thing is, sonymobile, a company that exists since 2012 can't make excuses anymore, lets look the truth in the eye:
1. They can't truly compete with non of the known brands like samsung, apple and lg and it does not seem like they ever will.
2. They can't compete with the chinese manufacturers that bring top line spec flagships with fast software and premium design in half the price of the known brands flagships and it does not seem like they ever will.
3. Regardless if they announce higher top end devices at ifa, the X series is an insult to consumers and criticism and fans because it maintains sony's chronic problems. The change from z to x further reinforce this insult. That is definitely not how you debut a new mobile series of devices to the world after you axed the previous one that started 3 years ago (!) and that you were so proud of, invested in it and hyped it with your marketing and buzz words. I doubt that they even believe what they say to the public in their heart.

At this stage sony simply keep performing "harakiri". For japanese honor. X series is just more noticeable proof after the z5 series. It is a lost battle and if they care about the division then they need to wake up fast from their sleep before the ship sinks completely like the titanic.

My conclusion: At least for the coming years, sony mobile need to stop making mobile phones and focus on mobile gadgets/tablets/peripherals/mobile chips, etc. X series just further strengthen my conclusion. Will ifa announced devices change my conclusion (if they even exist)? I doubt it.
[ This Message was edited by: amirprog on 2016-02-25 18:37 ]
nightwing369
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2016-02-25 19:32
Whilst Sony XperiaX series isn't replacing XperiaZ6 ; equivalent is due release at IFA2016 . Suggest you skip the XperiaXperformance !
Check this for the latest on the upcoming Sony phones for 2013: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AreyfktYnDHtdHN0bVFPdUFJd0ZiNzZQcjMwV1I5M0E#gid=0
hello1000
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2016-02-25 19:53
http://www.gsmarena.com/sony_[....]_series_is_dead-news-16899.php

Sony said goodby Z series and the X series will be a new fresh start
Well done Sony
nightwing369
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2016-02-25 20:23

On 2016-02-25 19:53:39, hello1000 wrote:
http://www.gsmarena.com/sony_[....]_series_is_dead-news-16899.php

Sony said goodby Z series and the X series will be a new fresh start
Well done Sony

Fine. But is the Xperia X Performance really "mid-range" ?
tonif430
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2016-02-25 23:16
Let s ser if the orfes more products.They have a thin 2016 range...Phablet? More midrangers?
blackzeros
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2016-02-26 00:18
i doubt even xperia x is a midranger, it's price is 599 euro..
i think xperia x is the new flagship with midrange cpu...that's why they couldnt talk loudly about x range...

Link text...
[ This Message was edited by: blackzeros on 2016-02-25 23:20 ]
zxcorr
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2016-02-26 02:07
They probably will announce one or two bigger phones later this year for IFA? I think that could work.
maiaramdan
Sony Xperia ZL
PM
Posted: 2016-02-26 02:19

Glad you like yours, but the one I played with certainly didn't seem that well built, and looking at CrackBerry Forums that seems to be the trend, it seems the battery life also isn't on par with other flagships.

It's just not a device I'd recommend to anyone other than to someone coming from another BlackBerry looking for some familiarity.

the main positive point in any BB is the safety
but anyway . i already bought Z5 premium Silver as my farewell SONY device and pre order Meizu PRO 5 Ubuntu Edition fresh OS , and i love this amazing OS

on another side note

http://www.gsmarena.com/foxco[....]orth_62_billion-blog-16895.php

it was very bad week for me honestly
Sharp no more
hello1000
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2016-02-26 06:13

On 2016-02-26 00:18:14, blackzeros wrote:
i doubt even xperia x is a midranger, it's price is 599 euro..
i think xperia x is the new flagship with midrange cpu...that's why they couldnt talk loudly about x range...

Link text...
[ This Message was edited by: blackzeros on 2016-02-25 23:20 ]

Cualcomm 820 is not a midrange cpu, don't make stupid comments about that becouse exynos is faster doesnt say a thing.

Xperia X performance is all about performance not just banchmarking competition like Samsung does, even mij old Xperia Z1 run very smooth even smooter tan a Galax S4 and thats is a fact, Sammboys always benchmark obession fanatic, Samsung know that
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 333435 ... 122123124  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic