Previous  123 4 ... 122123124  Next
Author Sony Xperia Rumours 2016
Xajel
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2015-12-25 12:55
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Japan Display’s second generation Pixel Eyes LCD modules enter mass production

The second generation module utilises new materials and sensor structure that results in deeper black levels, thinner borders (0.5mm versus 0.8mm previously), wet finger support and the ability to use a finer stylus (1mm versus 2mm previously). There’s every chance that we could see this next generation in-cell touch display appear in future Xperia Z models.

http://www.xperiablog.net/201[....]modules-enter-mass-production/
bronxdude
Sony Xperia Z5 Premium
PM
Posted: 2015-12-25 14:15
yey we're finally back!

So any new rumours? Especially with the design of the next Xperia series and the Android 6.0 update?
Ricky D
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2015-12-26 15:48
It seems there is rumour about Android 6.0 having new stamina mode that will make the battery unbelievable. Do we want such rumours in post#1? I'll put it in if you do want it there.

On other rumours that are missing, drop notes in the general chat (aimed @Ricky D) or PM me if I've missed something.

On the subject of design. Z5 looks and feels amazing even though it is significantly lighter than the Premium. In some ways and some eyes it looks more premium than the Premium, which looks cheap if you happen to notice the slight mirror distortions.
I have a dig bick
You read that wrong
aussieland1
LG Nexus 5
PM
Posted: 2015-12-26 17:37
Doze mode works really well on pure Android 6.0 but only in stand by. It should make battery on Sony phones/tablets even better !
nightwing369
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2015-12-27 21:40

On 2015-12-24 00:17:07, nightwing369 wrote:
For comparison's sake, do you think the original Z was premium enough? It has a good weight. Maybe if the Z6 just had the same [good] weight (based on if it were made of a metal build) you be less worried about the Z6 being "flimsy".

Just wondering what people thought of my (quoted) post? For example, imagine the Z6 with the same screen size and similar build as the very first Z (released at the start of 2013) but with even more premium materials/metals etc. than it and the better specs that it likely could have: 64GB internal storage, 4GB RAM etc. That's what Sony needs to do for the Z6. Will Sony ditch expandable microSD storage and 3.5mm headphone jacks as other OEM's have toyed with the idea themselves?
[ This Message was edited by: nightwing369 on 2015-12-27 20:41 ]
Check this for the latest on the upcoming Sony phones for 2013: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AreyfktYnDHtdHN0bVFPdUFJd0ZiNzZQcjMwV1I5M0E#gid=0
Gok
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2015-12-29 05:58
so its confirmed there isnt anything new during CES right? Will there be anything mobile related? Anyone going to CES here?
josephnero
Sony Xperia Z5
PM
Posted: 2015-12-29 11:44
Alpha rumors says there will be a new Xperia on CES
xshopper
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2015-12-29 16:38
I wish, Sony's UI looked like that...: CLICK!
New blog about mobiles. Leaks, news and disscussion, check it out:
mobile-leaks.blogspot.com
Xajel
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2015-12-29 17:31
Animation : 7/10 ( thought video is not a good way to test speed and fluidity )
Main Design : 8/10, thought it's more than 70% Android design actually...
Icons : 2/10, It's something that changes from one to one... but such icons just remind me of some cheap Chinese brands
Power Menu : 9/10, the blur effect and layout are very nice... only icons are not that much
Speed : 8/10 again with the first point, the video might not be a good way to judge here
Samsung : 4/10 unless they made a very large progress with the software this time
badassmam
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2015-12-29 19:21
I don't like the UI at all. The problem I have with all stock launchers is that there is so much wasted space. I like to put lots of things onto a single screen rather than have lots of screens/pages with only a couple of items. Android needs the option of a dark mode or the ability to change themes like the Kitkat days. I think the basic layout needs a refresh. Rather than scroll left and right, perhaps scroll up and down like Lucid launcher but if it were circular that would be awesome. Have the homescreen in the centre, scroll left for one page or up for another then down for all apps because that way you don't have to scroll through multiple pages to find yours. Maybe have each screen with it's own wallpaper of have the option to give it a label. Ah....I wish I could design my own launcher, let me draw it up on paper and somebody make it for me please.
Xajel
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2015-12-30 06:37
@badassmam
Thought there's a different between UI and launcher where the later affect only home screens and apps list, the former have everything including settings app, power menu status bar design (SystemUI)... And even individual apps like clock, calc. & contacts

A launcher will only change the home screen and apps list... You can use other apps to customise the Clock and Contacts but the ROM you choose will define the Settings, status bar, power menu and few other things...

Of course with root you can change everythinf, and Exposed will make it much easier... But it will be very hard to get a constant experience in the whole UI... Even some stock ROM does not have such consistency

I also always use a launcher (Holo launcher, light and very customizable... And most features are free thought I bought the paid ver. )... I like to use every single pixel of my screen... Every stock launcher I tried are very limited even basic things like home screen columns and rows

But I still love to see nice UI on other parts of the system, status bar, power menu mainly... Settings not that much but I hate tapping too much to reach where I want when some ROM's hide basic or some settings deep inside settings app...

Status bar is very important for me as I can access it from every where without the need to exit the app I use... So having a feature rich experience with it is very important... Samsung UI status bar while it has good features but still forces u to things you might not want and waste a good space ( like quick connect crap which can't be removed except by modding SystemUI )

Sony has a very nice design, and I hope the best for marshmallow too, but no stock ROM will give me what I&You want as the majority of users won't use such features any way... So we're stuck with 3rd party launchers which we can change easily... But we hope for the rest of cant-be-changed-without-root-and-modding-apks to be as good as possible
badassmam
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2015-12-30 13:17
@Xajel

I hear you, I totally agree. A lot is down to Google. I hate that the lollipop settings menu is pure white because it ruins the whole look and the notifications bar because I much prefer the Kitkat design. I understand that they want to make it feature rich but I don't see much progress in terms of design and feel. I do appreciate the amount of progress made (not to poo poo the developer community) that you don't necessarily see but it just feels the same. I want to change my Z1C for something a bit newer but at the shop I see that the UI looks the same, I want something more for my money in terms of user experience. At the very least, I should be able to skin everything and it would be nice if I could choose between grid, list, tile etc for some of the deeper menus. I love the look of WP in terms of menus but I really miss having the widgets. Yes, compared to iOS and WP Android is much more flexible for customisation but I have an idea in my mind that I can't have on my phone that would much improve its functionality.

Anyways, other sites are talking about an Xperia Z6 Lite with a metal back. Any thoughts?
josephnero
Sony Xperia Z5
PM
Posted: 2015-12-30 14:11
maybe a BS
Snapdragon 650-powered Sony Xperia Z6 Lite coming next year?

http://www.phonearena.com/new[....]-Lite-coming-next-year_id77017
Ricky D
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2015-12-30 15:07
Who's talking and where about Z6 Lite?

I don't want to put much stock in this unless the 'Lite' is actually a renamed other model, eg. T line is dropped in favour of a single 'Lite' model.

We hear (and have heard over the years) that the portfolio is ever slimming (to match the cash flow I guess). A new model placed somewhere in the already cramped mid-ranger market is suicide unless it is entirely eating a sibling.

When shoebills have two successful hatchlings they use the junior as backup for the senior. They don't go hatching a third.
I have a dig bick
You read that wrong
Aycaramba
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2015-12-30 15:07
Esato was founded in the year 2001 and was mainly targeted at Sony Ericsson mobile phone users. We started with a couple of services offering free ringtones, grayscale logos for the Ericsson T39 and R520 models. We have expanded the service to include free color backgrounds for over 50 mobile phone models. Other popular services are the discussion forum for anyone interested in topics about mobile phones and accessories. Even if the focus was targeted at Sony Ericsson owners, we now have separate forums for owners of other brands. The most popular sections are the News, Blog, discussion forum, Free themes, free color backgrounds and a service where users can upload images from a PC and download a converted image down to their mobile phone.
[ This Message was edited by: Aycaramba on 2018-08-07 15:55 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 4 ... 122123124  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic