Esato

Forum > General discussions > Rumours > Sony Xperia Rumours 2016

Previous  123 ... 121314 ... 122123124  Next
Author Sony Xperia Rumours 2016
maloqs
Xperia Mini Pro White
Joined: Feb 14, 2013
Posts: 275
From: ?
PM
Posted: 2016-01-24 12:16
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Well I hope back to the topic.
ascariss
Sony Xperia Z3
Joined: Apr 06, 2013
Posts: > 500
PM
Posted: 2016-01-24 12:22
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Anything on UAprof yet?
Xajel
Sony Xperia S
Joined: Jun 18, 2004
Posts: > 500
From: Bahrain
PM
Posted: 2016-01-24 14:19
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
So it's almost confirmed like XR5 that Z6 wont be shown/released in 16Q1 ( including MWC ) ??

If that's correct, then we can assume that it will be in mid16 then... which will result that Sony finally started the 9~12 months flagship cycle


While we all hoped this step should be done long time ago... but if that's the case it won't be the good time to start doing it... 820 will not have the same WOW factor in mid16... unless Sony want to make larger devices first.. tablets and Ultra ( if any )... then move to main flagships after making sure that their design for the 820 is perfect enough
[ This Message was edited by: Xajel on 2016-01-24 13:21 ]
amirprog
W800
Joined: Aug 22, 2013
Posts: > 500
From: Israel
PM
Posted: 2016-01-24 22:26
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2016-01-24 10:18:10, MyP910 wrote:
this reply is directed at amirprog. For others, I'm sorry for going out of topic.

@amirprog,

who are you? why should I care with what you said? My opinion is my personal preferences and that is why I clearly said that I'm in the minority because I know not many people have the same opinion with me. Your claims on some Note5 featuers/spec best on the market is absurd. You don't have data to support that. As of now, that is just your opinion. You are entitled to your opinion as I am with mine. I can definitely say the same with Sony's phone.

I admit that I'm still using Z1 (since the phone is still running perfectly) and the only samsung phone that I've used is galaxy S3. My wife is using M5. But, I've tried Z5P and S6 for comparison purposes. I haven't done note 5 to z5p comparison side by side though.

Design - Sony Xperia Z5P wins.
Display - Sony Xperia Z5P wins. Must be experienced in person to fully appreciate.
Screen to body ratio - I prefer Sony
Sound - Sony Xperia Z5P
Camera - Sony Xperia Z5P and M5 ( I like M5 more). I only view the image on the phone screen. For serious photo shoot, I'm using Sony A7.
Camera software - I can't comment on this. Perhaps samsung has more features.
Performance - I prefer Z5P but as of now, both phones perform similar.
Battery - definitely sony
Speaker - Sone Z5p
Software - I prefer Sony.
Storage - Sony (because of expandable)
Unique features - I like the wireless charging on note 5 and I like the S pen. I like water proofing on sony and I like the 4K screen.


Again, the above is my personal opinion/preferences and you have your own personal perferences. You can't say samsung is the best in market because it is not.

The only reasong sony is not selling well is marketing and this is not happeing now. The samsung's advantage on the publicity aspect starts since the beginning samsung galaxy....due to the infamous copycat blunders. That is how samsung lead the android market. Once you have a strong foothold, it will continue unless some drastic changes happen.

again, sorry for going off topic. This is my last reply to this issue.
[ This Message was edited by: MyP910 on 2016-01-24 10:00 ]


I compared note 5 to z5p so i have nothing to reply to what you wrote. In regard to note 5 and z5p fellow, you wrote some wrong stuff. First of all, go watch and read the dozens of reviews and comparisons like i did and compare yourself and then come back to me. It is too much information. You need names? phonearena, gsmarena, mobilegeeks, erica griffin the technology nerd, you name it. Watch and read it all and then summarize the information. Almost all of them expose the end result of z5 devices. Even those who aren't doing the detailed once shows it. Just to name a few. They just come to my head cause they are popular. And don't tell me that they "hate sony" cause that is really immature and simply not true - i follow all reviews and comparisons for years now back from when phones had one color display. I ti s what it is generally. If you don't compare and see what others have to offer then your device is always the best - it is not a bad thing but not my point. On top of that, enter the store and play with note 5 and z5p extensively and have a subjective mind and trained eyes that are not effected by nostalgia and brand name. Believe me, you are likely to change your mind in regard to all the key features. It clearly shows that you lack any experience and information of both phones.
Sony devices are average to the best of the best of competition and sony's marketing is weak and these are just clearer and clearer to notice as time pass. Lets keep it real. It is what it is, even though we like sony. If you think that sony is not selling well just because they lack marketing then fellow, you are terribly wrong. On the opposite side, it is also terribly wrong to claim that samsung sell more just because they market better and lack the credit that samsung earned. There is the end result which is beyond personal preference, but if someone prefer something in regard or regardless of competition and happy with it though? more power to him. Have a nice day.
Off topics - Without the off topics the rumors thread would be kind of dead a long time ago especially with sony omission of ces and mwc.
badassmam
Sony Xperia Z1
Joined: Nov 07, 2007
Posts: > 500
PM
Posted: 2016-01-24 23:13
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
^
I'm agree with most of what you say apart from the review side of things because I really do not believe a lot of the stuff that is put online, Phonearena gives every phone a score of 7 that isn't Apple. When you read a few sites you notice that only a handful would do a real review for a good period of time and the rest all copy and paste each other's observations. I just got a Z3+ and have seen only minor heat, the battery is easily near 1.5 days, performance is great, around 18 minutes 4K so I give a massive middle finger to those who write trash just to get a few website clicks.

The short of it is that people should go down to a shop and compare both, sales reps typically bullshit and lie for the sake of making a sale, a rep will will tell you whatever you want to hear. My experience of Samsung phones is not good, I am given the latest phones at work and I'm never happy with their products the main gripe being poor battery and bad RAM management that totally screws us at crucial moments. A few engineering firms over here where a lot of my friends work have ditched Samsung as company devices because the battery runs out on site during surveys and the limited storage. It doesn't work for me.

I'm no Samsung hater, I have 2 TVs, fridge and a washing machine from them. I just urge people to go out there to look and try all devices before making bold statements. I personally have not seen any phone with a better screen than a Z5P, you may not agree but I know what I see and and as much as I respect the opinions of others, if I don't see it for myself then it means little to me.

This is a good topic while we wait for a real topic to talk about.
Shino03
S700
Joined: Dec 22, 2008
Posts: > 500
From: Pearl of the Orient Seas
PM
Posted: 2016-01-25 08:41
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
http://image-sensors-world.bl[....]6/01/sony-cis-roadmap.html?m=1

Roadmap of Sony sensors. Not sure if they are all for phones or which is which.
ascariss
Sony Xperia Z3
Joined: Apr 06, 2013
Posts: > 500
PM
Posted: 2016-01-25 09:54
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2016-01-25 08:41:04, Shino03 wrote:
http://image-sensors-world.bl[....]6/01/sony-cis-roadmap.html?m=1

Roadmap of Sony sensors. Not sure if they are all for phones or which is which.


These are all for industrial applications, check here
http://www.sony.net/Products/SC-HP/sensor/technology/starvis.html
http://www.sony.net/Products/SC-HP/sensor/technology/pregius.html

actual products for industry
http://www.sony.net/Products/SC-HP/sensor/products/cmos.html

Here are sony's commercial sensors for mobile not updated I feel with the 5 sensor yet.
http://www.sony.net/Products/SC-HP/IS/sensor1/products/index.html
napahlm
T610
Joined: Jun 18, 2003
Posts: 84
From: Sweden
PM
Posted: 2016-01-25 12:05
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
What would be the point to have a own event if nothing special is about to be announced?
I for one is hoping it will be a new tablet on show. I returned my z4 tablet yesterday, I dont want to just have bought a expensive tablet just to learn a new, and hopefully better one realeses just a few weeks down the road.
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
Joined: Dec 17, 2003
Posts: > 500
From: Liverpool City Centre
PM, WWW
Posted: 2016-01-25 12:16
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Makes sense. I can't remember that last time they didn't reveal something special at MWC.
ascariss
Sony Xperia Z3
Joined: Apr 06, 2013
Posts: > 500
PM
Posted: 2016-01-25 12:49
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2016-01-25 12:05:27, napahlm wrote:
What would be the point to have a own event if nothing special is about to be announced?
I for one is hoping it will be a new tablet on show. I returned my z4 tablet yesterday, I dont want to just have bought a expensive tablet just to learn a new, and hopefully better one realeses just a few weeks down the road.



At least 2 phones are expected at MWC, low and mid range, perhaps a smartwatch and a new tablet, but only the first 2 are semi confirmed since their mode numbers leaked. Unless you are referring to something else.

4 weeks until MWC.
amirprog
W800
Joined: Aug 22, 2013
Posts: > 500
From: Israel
PM
Posted: 2016-01-25 13:26
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2016-01-24 23:13:59, badassmam wrote:
^
I'm agree with most of what you say apart from the review side of things because I really do not believe a lot of the stuff that is put online, Phonearena gives every phone a score of 7 that isn't Apple. When you read a few sites you notice that only a handful would do a real review for a good period of time and the rest all copy and paste each other's observations. I just got a Z3+ and have seen only minor heat, the battery is easily near 1.5 days, performance is great, around 18 minutes 4K so I give a massive middle finger to those who write trash just to get a few website clicks.

The short of it is that people should go down to a shop and compare both, sales reps typically bullshit and lie for the sake of making a sale, a rep will will tell you whatever you want to hear. My experience of Samsung phones is not good, I am given the latest phones at work and I'm never happy with their products the main gripe being poor battery and bad RAM management that totally screws us at crucial moments. A few engineering firms over here where a lot of my friends work have ditched Samsung as company devices because the battery runs out on site during surveys and the limited storage. It doesn't work for me.

I'm no Samsung hater, I have 2 TVs, fridge and a washing machine from them. I just urge people to go out there to look and try all devices before making bold statements. I personally have not seen any phone with a better screen than a Z5P, you may not agree but I know what I see and and as much as I respect the opinions of others, if I don't see it for myself then it means little to me.

This is a good topic while we wait for a real topic to talk about.

I urge you to pay attention mainly to the content of a review with a subjective mind, stigma free. No matter in what site. Put yourself inside the reviewers shoes. Don't pay so much attention to the words that the reviewer chooses to express himself with but to the content. Ask yourself, what does the reviewer really say? What does the reviewer say in other words? WHy he choose this score? I think that you will understand that there is no conspiracy. I don't remember one review i read that i thought the reviewer is out of his mind or gave a score that is completely a wrong score because i think with a subjective mind. "Phonearena gives every phone a score of 7 that isn't Apple" - not true. Even if you are sure that one reviewer is in favor of a certain brand it does not matter much because you read the whole content to get the full picture and make your mind.
Copying each other is something else. Enjoy your phone.

Agreed about going to the store and salesman. i always take what they say with a grain of salt and usually do a research before i go to the store. The s6 battery is not as good as note 5 if that is what you refer to as the latest from samsung. I mentioned note 5 battery, not s6. Ram management issue or not an issue is a subjective thing and anyway, it can be fixed with a root. Not a problem for me at all as i don't notice it but i understand that for you it is.

You did not mention what devices you refer to in your comparison to z5p but technically, in conclusion of all reviewers scores and in my eyes note 5 display is overall superior then all other latest known brand devices and that is not because of samsung's marketing like some people try to claim that it is the only reason of all the people who choose samsung flags, but because of samsung hard work on amoled panels for years now and they definitely earned it and should be credited for it, but as i wrote in my previous post if you like what you see in regard or regardless of competition then good for you as long as you are happy. At the end of the day there will always be something newer with more powerful hardware and software so better be happy with something or don't buy anything. That is why some people just enter the store without researching first, buy something they like and go their way.
[ This Message was edited by: amirprog on 2016-01-25 12:28 ]
badassmam
Sony Xperia Z1
Joined: Nov 07, 2007
Posts: > 500
PM
Posted: 2016-01-25 13:52
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I agree with most of what you say but I feel that there are certain people who are too biased towards a certain brand, it doesn't bother me much if I don't have the bragging rights. People are quick to quote websites but if you handpick the Manila Shaker camera review then you could state that the Z5P has the best camera as a fact. It means very little to me. I read for user complaints and that way you learn so much more. I appreciate good technology, my Samsung TV is really good and for the price it was a steal. Could've got a Z5 or S6 but I found the Z3+ at half the price, at the end of the day its a device that I'm happy with and are those two worth double the price?
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
Joined: Dec 27, 2006
Posts: > 500
From: Johannesburg, South Africa
PM
Posted: 2016-01-25 18:27
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2016-01-25 13:52:54, badassmam wrote:
I agree with most of what you say but I feel that there are certain people who are too biased towards a certain brand, it doesn't bother me much if I don't have the bragging rights. People are quick to quote websites but if you handpick the Manila Shaker camera review then you could state that the Z5P has the best camera as a fact. It means very little to me. I read for user complaints and that way you learn so much more. I appreciate good technology, my Samsung TV is really good and for the price it was a steal. Could've got a Z5 or S6 but I found the Z3+ at half the price, at the end of the day its a device that I'm happy with and are those two worth double the price?

I wouldn't touch a Z3+ with even your oven mit.

In all seriousness though, I'd be disappointed if we see nothing from Sony at MWC, even if it's a major software update for the Z5 series that brings a whole lot of new things for example. I miss the days where OEMs did that e.g. in the early days of Android.
Phone: iPhone 11 Pro Max Midnight Green 256GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droids: Huawei P30 Pro & Samsung Galaxy Note8
nightwing369
Sony Xperia Z
Joined: Mar 18, 2013
Posts: 415
PM
Posted: 2016-01-25 19:17
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
How much of a difference do people think having a Snapdragon 820, rather than any older SoC, like the 808; will make for the Z6?
Check this for the latest on the upcoming Sony phones for 2013: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AreyfktYnDHtdHN0bVFPdUFJd0ZiNzZQcjMwV1I5M0E#gid=0
Gitaroo
Model not set
Joined: Aug 17, 2013
Posts: > 500
PM
Posted: 2016-01-26 00:21
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2016-01-25 19:17:38, nightwing369 wrote:
How much of a difference do people think having a Snapdragon 820, rather than any older SoC, like the 808; will make for the Z6?



even s810 is quite a bit better than s808 especially after the heat problem has been improved. s820 supposedly 40% better than s810. I think early antutu score is over 13000 and s810 is around 8000.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 121314 ... 122123124  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic