Forum > General discussions > Rumours > Sony Xperia Rumours 2016

Previous  123 ... 808182 ... 122123124  Next
Author Sony Xperia Rumours 2016
XperiaJunkie
Sony Xperia Z
PM, WWW
Posted: 2016-07-25 22:00
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
^What about the front facing speaker at the bottom? Hopefully they'll build them into the edge of the phone like the Z2 and Z5. I certainly don't want to loose a speaker just in the name of smaller side bezels.
I'm so happy 'cause today
I've found my friends ...
They're in my head
Supa_Fly
X1 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2016-07-25 23:43

On 2016-07-25 13:52:56, Xajel wrote:

Is not ANYONE else noticing just how small this phone really is?
Contemplate this:
Size of the hand that is holding the phone, Female
Note that the width of the hand extends/covers beyond a half of the entire phone,
unless the hand that holds this is HUGE, then this phone is NOT going to be 5.2"!
|AppleTV2|iPhone 12Mini 256GB|iPad Pro 256GB| Previously ... K750|Z500|Z520|K700|K790i|K850i, :Ericsson: T18z|T28World|T36m x3|T68m (Ericsson, not the rebranded T68i).
ascariss
Sony Xperia Z3
PM
Posted: 2016-07-26 00:17
Person might just have really large hands.

Regardless, this phone will be dead on arrival if Sony does a similar launch schedule like on the X series line, introduced in September, release in January.
Supa_Fly
X1 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2016-07-26 00:17

On 2016-07-24 16:32:11, motvikt wrote:
The real cost is not the soc itself but the modem. Qualcomm doesn't just sell the soc, they sell the complete package. Modem and cpu in the same soc, they also handle patents and have good relations with carriers (that must certify the modem for their network) and authorities etc. Qualcomm is a modem company first and foremost.

Say Sony wants their own soc. They pay AMD or IBM x billions and get a competitive cpu. Now they must also develop or buy a competitive modem. Developing it will cost billions and require hundred of patents so that will never happen. They must buy it. That leaves Qualcomm and Intel which has modems to sell. Qualcomm is a lot better so perhaps they will choose Qualcomm anyway. They pay Qualcomm 60$ for their modem and now has a phone with their own soc and EXTERNAL modem which takes more space and draws more battery. They also spent several billions on a soc with no modem. Divide that cost with devices sold, 5-10M? (Flagships) The cost will be huuuuge.

Instead they can just buy the complete package from Qualcomm for ~80$ and be done with it. Which is why they will always choose Qualcomm.

Dude it's about the design of the SOC that is required and financially will hert Sony in this regard. You do know the basic design of ALL smartphone and tablet cpu's. Then it's about manufacturing costs ... AMD cannot compete: they just reached 14nm process for laptops MUCH larger DIE surface area ... cannot compete inthe mobile space like Apple's Infineon, Samsung, nor even smaller chip players. Intel tried and miserably FAILED! intel the HUGE juggernaut in desktop, server and laptop space BUT there is not way they could compete.

Arm Holdings, Inc just got purchased (in stages but it's official) and THEY design all chips used in the imbedded and mobile space for decades!

Any company wanting to play big ... THIS needs to be done properly complete revolutionary chip design, process manufacturing and development.
|AppleTV2|iPhone 12Mini 256GB|iPad Pro 256GB| Previously ... K750|Z500|Z520|K700|K790i|K850i, :Ericsson: T18z|T28World|T36m x3|T68m (Ericsson, not the rebranded T68i).
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2016-07-26 00:26
@Supafly do you really think that looks like a female hand? That is clearly a male hand. It does look smaller than the previous pictures though. If someone wanted to, i'm sure we could figure out the dimensions based on what we can see and things we already know, such as the width/size of the "Sony" branding or the diameter of the front camera lens. I would guess these things are fairly standard sized and don't change. i for one am too lazy to do so

and yes, the person might just have really big hands, which makes the phone look smaller.

I also agree that Sony needs a 1 month or less turn around time (announcement to available for purchase) or it doesn't really matter cause it'll be forgotten by the time it makes itself available.
moogoo
Nokia 5160 -> Nokia 8260 -> SE T68i -> SE K700i -> SE Z710 -> SE Xperia X10a -> Sony Xperia S -> Sony Xperia Z1 -> Sony Xperia XZ -> Sony Xperia XZ Premium -> Sony Xperia 1ii
vivftp
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2016-07-26 01:10

On 2016-07-25 23:43:03, Supa_Fly wrote:

Is not ANYONE else noticing just how small this phone really is?
Contemplate this:
Size of the hand that is holding the phone, Female
Note that the width of the hand extends/covers beyond a half of the entire phone,
unless the hand that holds this is HUGE, then this phone is NOT going to be 5.2"!

I was thinking the same, but upon further review of the old pics and these new ones, they very well could be the same size device. In the old pics the person is holding the phone near the tip of their fingers, further away from their palm. This gives a false perspective when comparing it to the size of the persons hand, making it look bigger than it really is. The new pics have the phone flat against the persons palm, creating the apparent size difference where there is none.

I'm just eye balling this, but compare the size of their actual finger tips and thumbs. They may not be the same person, but the sizes line up a lot more when you do that.
Ricky D
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2016-07-26 05:42
I think I have destinctly average sized hands. When I hold my Z5 Premium I can recreate this image perfectly so I would guess the dimensions are approxiamately the same give or take a millimetre.

The bezels look a bit bigger than on my Premium so I would guess the screen is slightly smaller than the Z5 Premium but that could be an illusion from both angles as the Z5 Premium has the metal band around the edge which perceptively doesn't feel like it adds tothe sizze of the phone, but it does, and this mystery model has the top and bottom caps on the metal tube which add to the height.

If I had to put money on this device I'd say it is a ditched proto that like the Beibei and Paris models that appeared on eBay after they were ditched.

If it really goes to market my gut feeling is it will be launched as a flagship. It simply doesn't look like a flagship device. The back reminds of the SE W595 and the front looks like the doomed-from-day-one N9 and the last of Nokia's Nokias.

I have a dig bick
You read that wrong
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2016-07-26 13:55
The second image almost looks like a different device - shorter and wider.
Ricky D
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2016-07-26 17:46
Good spot goldenface. On a repeat glance, you might be right, but on even closer inspection (and again playing with my own Z5 Premium) the same effect can be achieved by tiltig the handset away from the camera.
I have a dig bick
You read that wrong
XperiaJunkie
Sony Xperia Z
PM, WWW
Posted: 2016-07-27 08:31
Sony's press conference at IFA 2016 is now official http://www.xperiablog.net/201[....]-press-conference-1-september/
They're in my head
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2016-07-27 17:35
literally 1 month and 4 days away!!!

I can't wait!
moogoo
Nokia 5160 -> Nokia 8260 -> SE T68i -> SE K700i -> SE Z710 -> SE Xperia X10a -> Sony Xperia S -> Sony Xperia Z1 -> Sony Xperia XZ -> Sony Xperia XZ Premium -> Sony Xperia 1ii
XperiaJunkie
Sony Xperia Z
PM, WWW
Posted: 2016-07-27 17:51
GSM Arena claim the leaked device will be called the XR.
They're in my head
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2016-07-27 20:31
Wanting a X Compact to appear too. Roll on 1st September.

Xperia XR though.

chunkybeats
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2016-07-27 23:24
Xperia XR?

The naming convention at Sony seems to confuse everyone, wasnt there a ZR which was a less inferior version of the Z? Now the XR will be more inferior than the X? Weird......
ascariss
Sony Xperia Z3
PM
Posted: 2016-07-28 04:11

On 2016-07-27 23:24:26, chunkybeats wrote:
Xperia XR?

The naming convention at Sony seems to confuse everyone, wasnt there a ZR which was a less inferior version of the Z? Now the XR will be more inferior than the X? Weird......

XR will not be inferior to X, will have almost the exact same if not the exact same specs as X performance.

SD820, 3 maybe 4 gigs of ram, prob 32 gigs of internal space, same camera, usb type C, and from the photos, dual tone flash.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 808182 ... 122123124  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic