On 2015-10-18 16:50:53, miromiromi wrote:
review by The Verge

http://www.theverge.com/2015/[....]eria-z5-review-compact-android

all praises for the camera.
full size samples:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/vladsavov/sets/72157659861564436/

it would really be impressive if the bus here is moving:
https://c2.staticflickr.com/6/5666/22194696166_c92857ba65_o.jpg

just imagine how it thrashes the long exposures of OIS-toting smartphone cameras.

i am inclined to believe that not all z5s in the market are the same. some are better than the others. it could be a lens issue or others have not been updated yet. the samples from the verge are really impressive. the noise is unlike what we've seen anywhere. dxomark must have tested a unit similar to what the verge has obtained.
[ This Message was edited by: miromiromi on 2015-10-19 00:24 ]

Good Quality Images
miromiromi
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2015-10-19 11:28
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
xz5 vs ip6s vs lumia 1020 vs pv 808

http://allaboutwindowsphone.c[....]twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

No surprise that the two phones with proper (Xenon) flash, the Nokia 808 and Lumia 1020, pull off an almost perfect pub photo, with crisp subject and pleasing lighting. But the Xperia Z5 gets closest of the LED flash challengers, with a 1/30s exposure possible, thanks to its relatively large sensor and large aperture - the Z5 photo looks a little artificial, but not offensively so. Meanwhile the iPhone 6s's small sensor struggles to acquire enough light in the 1/20s exposure, so the result is dark and unsatisfying. The Lumia 930 brings up the rear - its 2013 sensor clearly showing its age when combined with mere LED flash.

z5

VS

lumia 930

VS

lumia 808

VS

ip6s

ALSO...

xperia z5 vs nexus 6p
http://www.teamandroid.com/20[....]AndroidBlog+%28Team+Android%29

full sizes:
http://imgur.com/a/E9ufD
[ This Message was edited by: miromiromi on 2015-10-19 11:02 ]
Jamzy
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2015-10-19 12:16
Lumia 950 camera is going to be a beast!
Epecially with their optics, processing & software and that triple flash!

Shame their app situation sucks otherwise I'd be other there!
badassmam
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2015-10-19 16:28
Well, I read the Verge review and yes while the camera seems excellent they say that the phone is sluggish which is what I found on the Z5 Compact. That sucks for such an expensive device. I feel that I could get a Z3 or Compact even that performs as well as the Z5 in terms of everything bar the camera. Tough decision. Z5 looks great but I want it to be smooth and its hard to tell if that is hardware or software.
Gitaroo
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2015-10-19 16:40
looks like just half ass software atm since even the camera app is a place holder, Nov is when the real camera app release a long with the Z5P. I think they might be just focusing on getting Android M up and running atm.
emerson_shei
Sony Xperia Z3
PM
Posted: 2015-10-19 19:05

On 2015-10-19 11:28:31, miromiromi wrote:
xz5 vs ip6s vs lumia 1020 vs pv 808

http://allaboutwindowsphone.c[....]twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

No surprise that the two phones with proper (Xenon) flash, the Nokia 808 and Lumia 1020, pull off an almost perfect pub photo, with crisp subject and pleasing lighting. But the Xperia Z5 gets closest of the LED flash challengers, with a 1/30s exposure possible, thanks to its relatively large sensor and large aperture - the Z5 photo looks a little artificial, but not offensively so. Meanwhile the iPhone 6s's small sensor struggles to acquire enough light in the 1/20s exposure, so the result is dark and unsatisfying. The Lumia 930 brings up the rear - its 2013 sensor clearly showing its age when combined with mere LED flash.

z5

VS

lumia 930

VS

lumia 808

VS

ip6s

ALSO...

xperia z5 vs nexus 6p
http://www.teamandroid.com/20[....]AndroidBlog+%28Team+Android%29

full sizes:
http://imgur.com/a/E9ufD
[ This Message was edited by: miromiromi on 2015-10-19 11:02 ]

Completely disagree with the final verdict of the author of comparison, it should seriously be suffering from a serious vision problem !

In my opinion the Xperia Z5 has performed very well and in any way in any of the photos was inferior to the iPhone 6s, but is still behind the iconic cameraphones 808 PureView and 1020 PureView, precisely because of this my final rating for "this comparison" would be:

1º Nokia Lumia 1020 PureView
2º Nokia 808 PureView
3º Sony Xperia Z5
4º Nokia Lumia 930
5º Apple iPhone 6s

P.S: Miromiromi... Thanks for sharing !!!
miromiromi
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2015-10-20 02:53
GSMArena Review
http://www.gsmarena.com/sony_xperia_z5-review-1326.php

not good

lower battery life (less than 8 hours video playing!!!)
camera not as good as the one they get from IFA. random blurs now exist when they didn't in the photos taken by the IFA Z5.
darker display with lower contrast. why not use the same panels used on the z3?

keep doing this sony and you will cease to exist by 2016.
the differences in the camera quality is a clear indication of poor quality control.

phonearena will present their review next and they will be using the same z5 used by gsmarena so we should no longer expect anything better.
Gitaroo
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2015-10-20 03:53
details are impression when its in focus but the corners blurring is terrible. They made their own lens, how can this slip through their QA. Failing over and over again doesn't Sony Mobile understand at all? Someone need to shove those reviews up to the Sony Mobile Boss face and demand answers.
emerson_shei
Sony Xperia Z3
PM
Posted: 2015-10-20 04:20
(Antutu Benchmark) Sony Xperia Z5 Vs Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Vs Apple iPhone 6s Vs LG G4 Vs HTC M9

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbCQRZ4qxzA

miromiromi
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2015-10-20 04:55
i used to be one of those who defended sony repeatedly, asserting that it could only be just one defective unit or the reviewer deliberately skewing things.

however, after 3 consecutive reviews of defective devices, i don't think i can still take sony' side.

they know that gsmarena is one of the highest traffic websites for mobile devices. if you search phone specs, one of the top results if not the top result is from gsmarena. why isn't sony making sure that the site gets a good unit to review?

what happened to their devices' performance? despite having a less bright screen and a bigger battery, the z5 compact failed to reach the 100+ hours achieved by the z3 compact. the z5 now has lower than 8 hours of video playing despite the darker and lower contrast display with the same resolution.

i love the xperia brand but now i can see it ending in 2016. sony is not doing enough. they have achieved an excellent camera now but they are ruining it with the quality control.
yuunanase
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2015-10-20 05:36

On 2015-10-20 04:55:16, miromiromi wrote:
i used to be one of those who defended sony repeatedly, asserting that it could only be just one defective unit or the reviewer deliberately skewing things.

however, after 3 consecutive reviews of defective devices, i don't think i can still take sony' side.

they know that gsmarena is one of the highest traffic websites for mobile devices. if you search phone specs, one of the top results if not the top result is from gsmarena. why isn't sony making sure that the site gets a good unit to review?

what happened to their devices' performance? despite having a less bright screen and a bigger battery, the z5 compact failed to reach the 100+ hours achieved by the z3 compact. the z5 now has lower than 8 hours of video playing despite the darker and lower contrast display with the same resolution.

i love the xperia brand but now i can see it ending in 2016. sony is not doing enough. they have achieved an excellent camera now but they are ruining it with the quality control.

Having z3, z3+ and z5 on hand, I can say that the devices they are reviewing are not defective. They are just picking on the camera weakness. Both z3+ and z5 has very similar picture quality, i.e, best white balance but weak noise processing. For an average user, colour is by far more important than noise, which is barely visible until you pixel peep. For every word that is praising the white balance of the z5, there are 5 words bashing it.

If you read the gsmarena review, it is also bashing the corner softness, but if you compare the shots done by note 5 and g4, the corners are much less distorted!

With regards to the battery performance, I actually felt that it was not due to the device, but because of lollipop. Ever since I updated z3 to lollipop, battery has never been spectacular. And it didn't help that Sony reduced the battery capacity.

The only review that seems to be spot on is the verge. He had been complaining that photos loading slow and camera starting slow. This is what I found on the z5 compact as well. In contrast, I found z3+ is very quick in starting album and camera (like 1 second to start).
[ This Message was edited by: yuunanase on 2015-10-20 05:00 ]
venus, kiki, vulcan, rachael, anzu, akane, nozomi, hikari, hayabusa, tsubasa, yuga, togari, honami, sirius, leo, ivy, surime
kurtdean
Sony Xperia Z5 Compact
PM
Posted: 2015-10-20 05:55
Relax guys, I think it will be silky smooth with the November M update. If not, Ill jump ship to other manufacturers
[ This Message was edited by: kurtdean on 2015-10-20 04:58 ]
Gitaroo
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2015-10-20 08:42
going from Samsung to Sony and some samsung in between except for s6, I would still go with Sony for everything else beside the camera. I just don't understand why is it so hard to get the camera right when they got their own camera division, if their own camera production fail to make HQ lens over and over again isnt it time to get it from someone else.
Jamzy
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2015-10-20 09:26

On 2015-10-20 02:53:44, miromiromi wrote:
GSMArena Review
http://www.gsmarena.com/sony_xperia_z5-review-1326.php

not good

lower battery life (less than 8 hours video playing!!!)
camera not as good as the one they get from IFA. random blurs now exist when they didn't in the photos taken by the IFA Z5.
darker display with lower contrast. why not use the same panels used on the z3?

keep doing this sony and you will cease to exist by 2016.
the differences in the camera quality is a clear indication of poor quality control.

phonearena will present their review next and they will be using the same z5 used by gsmarena so we should no longer expect anything better.

Why are you putting words in their mouths? They didn't even say that.

But whats clear here, Sony f**ked up with camera and its not the best camera out there and Sony will continue to ship with a under performing camera. As clearly they think they have the "best" camera, as seen by them promoting the consumer survey and dxomark results, so I don't expect any change anytime soon even with the November app update.
[ This Message was edited by: Jamzy on 2015-10-20 08:28 ]
miromiromi
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2015-10-20 09:38
putting words in their mouth? do you know how to understand what you read?

that's just my observation based on the samples they posted. compare the samples they got from the IFA device to what they have now. the IFA z5 had none of those blurring.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 151617 ... 303132  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic