Visitors browsing this topic: 1
Add to Bookmarks
Author Sony Xperia Rumors 2015
Gitaroo
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2015-11-22 19:58
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Anyone knows if the x1 proccesor in their new bravia and the arm processor in ps4 are just another 3rd party soc rebranded? If those are built in house then pretty much mean they have already have been developing some sort of arm soc. Just need to do die shrink and keep the performance on part with the competitors.
supercoolman
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2015-11-23 01:44
@Xajel

that google translation you posted just proved my original comment...

you missed the phrase "for mobile smartphones"
McKinley
K750
PM
Posted: 2015-11-23 02:58
@Gitaroo
PS4 processors are not ARM based at all.
They are APU from the Jaguar family made by AMD.
GH688, T28, T39 and T68
Nokia 6110, 8110, 8850, 6230, N82
Moto V525 and RAZR V3
Samsung T100, S300 and E700
T68, T610, Z600, T630, K700, S700, V800, K750, S600, M600, S500, P1i, K850, X1 X10, Vivaz
Xajel
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2015-11-23 06:52
@supercoolman

I told you before that I didn't get what you meant actually from your original comment... the original article is already talking about a mobile processor for mobile smartphones.. and I shared it with you guys because we're talking about this exact rumour which said the Sony is planning a mobile SoC... all I posted is regarding this rumour...

I'm not trying to prove\disprove anything, it's still a rumour and we are still discussing it
kabiluddin
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2015-11-23 08:16
@ Gitaroo
Yes, X1 processor in bravia tv is just a rebranded SoC. Its from mediatek.
Gitaroo
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2015-11-23 15:30

On 2015-11-23 02:58:53, McKinley wrote:
@Gitaroo
PS4 processors are not ARM based at all.
They are APU from the Jaguar family made by AMD.

Theres a secondary ARM processer beside the AMD APU that handles all the recording

http://www.extremetech.com/ex[....]onsoles-real-cpu-and-gpu-specs

On 2015-11-23 08:16:33, kabiluddin wrote:
@ Gitaroo
Yes, X1 processor in bravia tv is just a rebranded SoC. Its from mediatek.

I checked again, X1 is just a imagine processer, Sony specially said that it include a Mediatek SoC to Operate the Android OS since its an Android TV.
Supa_Fly
X1 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2015-11-24 00:42
Curious .... does the PS4 support Remote Play with Xperia Z5/Z5 Compact/Z5 Premium?!
|AppleTV2|iPhone 12Mini 256GB|iPad Pro 256GB| Previously ... K750|Z500|Z520|K700|K790i|K850i, :Ericsson: T18z|T28World|T36m x3|T68m (Ericsson, not the rebranded T68i).
Gitaroo
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2015-11-24 04:06
one of the review say yes but they didn't test it. Remote play is the best on compact, cuz it only broadcast in 720p which fit the screen native rest perfectly.
Xajel
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2015-11-24 16:39
I was chatting with local Sony Mobile dealer executive, he's not an insider or anything as he's just a dealer ( not a Sony owned distributor ), but he said he has a good contacts with Sony regional office... what he summerized are few things regarding next flagship for next year ( he meant Z5, Z5c & Z5p successors )

1- He's almost sure that Z5 are the last of OB design, next year's flagships will have new design language... somthing like a confirmation of what we already know

2- There's no more a flagship every 6 months, next flagships wont be released till mid year or IFA 2016.. but in CES/MWC we might see the Ultra, he's not sure but he said something with high-spec. along side new tablets.. no word on SoC though but after I told him about how Sony implemented 810 he agrees with me but still no word. also something we already know

3- There's certainly a next Premium device, Z5 Premium was a test, if it was a success they will continue with it and from the early sales and response the reception was very very good with numbers over the expectation, they're very happy with reception

4- About new tech. in future, he said Sony already tested Wireless charging, Pressure Sensitive touch... implementation wise is unknown for sure, but they are working more on the wireless charging to fit their vision.. asked him about 2016 flagship with these tech. on a scale of 5 ( like our XR rating ), he said XR3.5 combined.. I asked for little details more he said that the whispers about pressure sensitive touch are more currently, so I can give them 4, but Wireless charging has been a long discussion there at Sony, so I give it XR3.. he added these flagship will have Type-C, he gave it XR4.5 as there's still some technical challenges with Sony implementation compared to other manufacturers and the new port is still not supported enough but from now till next year.. things will defiantly change... and this applies to everything he said before...
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2015-11-25 02:15
@Xajel Thanks for that info, interesting. So, might a Z5 Tablet Compact be the first device to show off the new design language? Early 2016?
Ricky D
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2015-11-25 05:21
New 10" and 8" tablets sounds great.

I am hoping for 4K screens and maybe even a 12" tab with a fancy stylus to go up against the Apple and Samsung devices.
I have a dig bick
You read that wrong
thetube
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2015-11-25 07:25
Well an Ultra Tablet with stylus would be great for ps4 remote play . I hope they include a stylus for the Z5 Ultra also.

This year will be all about stylus I guess. I have been saying it for awhile now, if a Z5 Ultra is coming I would buy both the Tablet and phablet. Hope the Sony guy is correct.
Xajel
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2015-11-25 07:36
@goldenface,
That will be relative to the naming and if they finalised the design or not... if it will retain the OB design they will still be called Z5... there's still no info on the new design or when it will be released.. so even at CES/MWC we might still see OB design with Z5 products ( tablets / Ultra ), but if Sony decided to go ahead with the new design then they will rename it.. though he personally think that Sony will spare the new design completely for the new series

Bu I'm personally think that it will be better to start with the Ultra/Tablet for the new SoC and design ( so, the new naming also ).. so they can work on perfecting every aspect of both before launching the smartphones

@Ricky D,
A stylus that can work on all Xperia product will be better I think, sadly he didn't mention any thing about a stylus.
But I wonder if Sony will go for 12" tab, what will happen to the 10.1 they have.. will they maintain 3 tablets size's and 3 flagship smartphones size ?

@thetube,
I hope so, if true then 2016 will be really good year... and my Sony collection will be almost complete
Ricky D
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2015-11-25 09:21
The sad fact is that although the Ultra format (6" +/- 0.4") is nice in theory, it has little place in the world. with the premium and the Tablet Compact the Ultra is squeezed out after being caught in this really awkward middle ground between productivity and ergonomics.

Samsung realised this and have taken the newest Note out of major markets favouring the S6 Plus. I think this size of device will go the way of the gull-wing door - insanely cool but just inappropriate for everyday use.
I have a dig bick
You read that wrong
Xajel
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2015-11-25 09:39
AFAIK, Samsung did this and said that in these markets peoples doesn't use the stylus that much.. they bought the Note only for it's larger display.. after all, Note 5 is only 0.2" larger than S6 Plus
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic