Forum > General discussions > Rumours > Sony Xperia Rumors 2015

Previous  123 ... 306307308 ... 315316317  Next
Author Sony Xperia Rumors 2015
napahlm
T610
PM
Posted: 2015-11-03 12:12
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Any rumours on new tablets? I am a itch away from getting a Z4 tablet. The only thing stopping me is the price of the Z3 compact tablet and the possibility of a Z5 tablet compact. Does anyone know anything?
When is the next big event? January?
nodarsixar
Sony Xperia Z
PM, WWW
Posted: 2015-11-03 12:15
Next Big EVENT: CES, MWC and IFA
NO
Supa_Fly
X1 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2015-11-03 14:42

On 2015-10-26 19:09:24, Ebato wrote:

On 2015-10-26 16:09:26, MyP910 wrote:
Yeay.... Vaio phone. I've been waiting for Sony windows phone for so long.... finally. Hope this is true.

So which one is it, as you can't have both. It's either a Sony phone, or a VAIO. I doubt you'll see a Sony WP, ever, and as of VAIO.... who cares, it's not Sony anyway.

The same was said prior to the first Xperia ever launched, recall the Xperia X1?
That phone was immensely popular and loved the design. I actually hope Sony does something similar again with Android; especially now that BlackBerry Priv has launched with Android OS 5.1.1; yes a BlackBerry Android phone but YUCK!

|AppleTV2|iPhone 12Mini 256GB|iPad Pro 256GB| Previously ... K750|Z500|Z520|K700|K790i|K850i, :Ericsson: T18z|T28World|T36m x3|T68m (Ericsson, not the rebranded T68i).
MNX1024
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2015-11-03 16:00
If Sony brings back the X1 design and modernize it, I would be all over it! Always wanted keyboard phones to make a come back. Honestly, was very tempted by the Blackberry Priv. If the price wasn't that high or the spec was better, would've pre-ordered it.
amardeep
Sony Xperia SX
PM
Posted: 2015-11-04 12:44
> XPERIA Z6 Mini (X45) 4.0 inch
Well macrumors.com says "Apple Predicted to Launch A9-Based 4-Inch iPhone in Early 2016".

Believe it when I see it (for either of these). Some small hope for the small-phone brigade (i.e. me and, ummm no-one else).
[ This Message was edited by: amardeep on 2015-11-04 11:44 ]
Wishmaster89
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2015-11-05 20:58
Totally off-topic but IMO relevant when discussing SoC's made on both 20nm and 16nm.
HiSilicon was stressing in particular one aspect of the new process: reduced power density. Over the last few years we've seen semiconductor manufacturers able continuously shrink their process geometry, but power consumption reductions were not able to scale at the same pace. The result is that with each new generation, even if total TDP might have been kept the same, the actual power density on the silicon has gone up significantly. This causes problems with thermal dissipation and can lead to hot-spots on the silicon die which then exceed the safe operating temperatures of the chipset. Until now vendors would circumvent this problem by creating "dark silicon", meaning silicon area on the die in which there is no logic and only serves as "padding" to help thermal dissipation.

It comes from Anandtech's report from Kirin's 950 presentation.

It would explain why s810 gets so hot when 7420 is much cooler with higher performance.
maloqs
Xperia Mini Pro White
PM
Posted: 2015-11-06 15:52
Will Sony use its own SOC?...hmmm
Wishmaster89
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2015-11-06 21:42
Doubtful, they don't have enough money and technology to make their own high end SoC that could stand toe-to-toe with the likes of snapdragon or exynos.
Gitaroo
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2015-11-06 21:52
won't matter if this is true

http://www.engadget.com/2015/[....]oogle-chip-design-talks-rumor/

now focus on getting better sensers and actually put some work into its UI and software features. Near stock android experience was nice but after so many years, this is getting really lazy. They still don't have multi screen multitasking where even Apple has jump on board. Small apps was a neat idea but too limited and haven't been updated for ages.
blackzeros
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2015-11-06 22:47
thinking sony hasnt tech or money is laughable , i'm prety sure sony can create his own soc is better then samsung and huawei,mediatek , the problem is it wont be profitable .sony created cell and vita cpu (with help of ibm and toshiba), samsung ,huawei,mediatek just license and use arm's core designs , i'm pretty sure sony has alot of know-how about chip design.and most of elements of soc is from another companies.

people forgets sometimes what sony is.
supercoolman
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2015-11-07 05:44

On 2015-11-06 22:47:18, blackzeros wrote:
thinking sony hasnt tech or money is laughable , i'm prety sure sony can create his own soc is better then samsung and huawei,mediatek , the problem is it wont be profitable .sony created cell and vita cpu (with help of ibm and toshiba), samsung ,huawei,mediatek just license and use arm's core designs , i'm pretty sure sony has alot of know-how about chip design.and most of elements of soc is from another companies.

being able to make something and being able to sell something are two different things

not profitable because they don't have what it takes to make a profitable product
blackzeros
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2015-11-07 11:34

On 2015-11-07 05:44:33, supercoolman wrote:

being able to make something and being able to sell something are two different things

not profitable because they don't have what it takes to make a profitable product

it's not tech or money they havent though...

Ebato
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2015-11-07 19:43

On 2015-11-03 12:12:45, napahlm wrote:
Any rumours on new tablets? I am a itch away from getting a Z4 tablet. The only thing stopping me is the price of the Z3 compact tablet and the possibility of a Z5 tablet compact. Does anyone know anything?

I was also curious about the absence of new tabs. The NA websites have them removed or still state Z2 as the latest. I think it's a positive sign that they are finally starting to chop off the rotting branches starting with the tabs, which has never been anything but a failure both technologically and financially.
Wishmaster89
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2015-11-07 21:25

It depends whether we're talking about Sony as a whole or Sony mobile only, cause Sony Mobile would be no match with their SoC's for the big guys. You forget that it took Samsung few years to get where they are right now with their SoC's, Sony's mobile department doesn't have time for experiments with their SoC's.
As for other SoC makers:
Samsung - needs no comments.
Huawei - used only in their devices which are selling well because they offer great price-value ratio even though their performance leaves something to be desired but that should change with kirin 950.
Mediatek - started as cheap SoC's for white box tablets with recent moves to the major league with X20.
And now imagine Sony mobile trying to come up with something that could threaten the current status quo, highly improbable.
Gitaroo
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2015-11-08 05:42
new kirin 950 just cracked 62000 antutu score, Z5 and H2 s810 devices can already achieve 60000ish score. So they are still playing catch up next year, but far better than where they were now. Same with Mediatek, their high end X10 is barely keeping up with S801 or S805, x20 might surpass it or get closer but but probably not by much. Those 2 are still a generation (1year?) behind assuming S820 has no overheating and throttling BS, or at least not as serious. Samsung is the real winner here, 14 nm help them a great ton or they would be facing the same issue as S810 this whole year. It smaller die size didn't give them any major battery saving advantages as most would have though, which means they are still lots of rooms for improvements. If google is serious about standardizing the mobile SoC this can save a lot of headache for many manufacturers and they can start coming up with their own unique features like forcetouch etc. If Sony is going to use their SoC they should probably look at cross platform functionality like TV, mobile, camera, PS4, PSVR etc which can be beneficial but So far PS4 is the only major money maker so probably still not worth it.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 306307308 ... 315316317  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic