Forum > General discussions > Rumours > Sony Xperia Rumors 2015

Previous  123 ... 166167168 ... 315316317  Next
Author Sony Xperia Rumors 2015
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2015-06-05 18:45
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
confusing names between japan and the rest of the world is nothing new. take a look at the final fantasy series, for example.

that being said, I surely hope the Z5 flagship to come is a monster of a device that has new design philosophy and features that make everyone wow. sometimes it not about having something new and crazy, but doing everything that is known better than everyone else.
moogoo
Nokia 5160 -> Nokia 8260 -> SE T68i -> SE K700i -> SE Z710 -> SE Xperia X10a -> Sony Xperia S -> Sony Xperia Z1 -> Sony Xperia XZ -> Sony Xperia XZ Premium -> Sony Xperia 1ii
penguino
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2015-06-06 14:54

On 2015-06-05 16:32:28, ascariss wrote:
This was rumoured or mentioned on some forum or tweet. They could use Z4 and then Z5 for Japan, since the number 4 isn't really that favoured in Japan. Only issue would be marketing and some costs related to the different name.

They already sell Z4 in Japan...
ascariss
Sony Xperia Z3
PM
Posted: 2015-06-06 17:32

On 2015-06-06 14:54:44, penguino wrote:

On 2015-06-05 16:32:28, ascariss wrote:
This was rumoured or mentioned on some forum or tweet. They could use Z4 and then Z5 for Japan, since the number 4 isn't really that favoured in Japan. Only issue would be marketing and some costs related to the different name.

They already sell Z4 in Japan...

That's why the Z4 would have a short life span of only 5-6 months and then sony JP would go onto the Z5 in the fall. While the rest of the world would transition from the Z3+ to the Z4.
[ This Message was edited by: ascariss on 2015-06-06 17:37 ]
puestadelsol
C901 Black
PM
Posted: 2015-06-07 02:26
Little bit off topic.
We can wonder if on many markets has been discontinued the Z3 compact, and many operators experienced really high rates of defective devices.

Two replacements + third Z3 Compact + a glass of water for few seconds = 3 of 3 = 100% of 3 units defective

This is my third Z3 compact (the first was replaced due to loose sim card flap, the second's screen panel just suddenly separated from the body).
Yesterday with friends jut tried if it is really wateproof. We put it in a glass of water, called it. After that I've cheked that under the flaps entered no water, and everything was fine.
After few hours this vapor appeared on the camera and LED. The phone's all functions are working including the camera, but you can't take pictures with the vapor on it. So water resist test failed, and I'm getting angrier.
Relatively high price for Sony phones isn't unjustified, while assebly quality is getting weaker than chinese manufacturers', and even Sony's innovation is getting behind them.
Sony MUST improve some things, not to mention camera performance. While they are fooling with present customers, I can't trust them in advace related to their future devices.
[ This Message was edited by: puestadelsol on 2015-06-07 01:32 ]
-XYZ
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2015-06-07 02:31
This isn't the thread to be complaining about this. Go to the Z3 Compact forum.

Is there evidence of there being a large number of Z3 Compacts not being 100% waterproof? If so, provide it. You could quite easily just be very unlucky. This does happen in life. If there is no evidence of widespread water sealing issues then I'm afraid its tough luck. Anecdotes don't matter a great deal.
puestadelsol
C901 Black
PM
Posted: 2015-06-07 03:02
That thread is almost dead. Just like Sony Mobile is obviously dying.
Just like all their designers or engineers from R&D would be on vacation since the developement of Xperia Z1. Or would they be fired?
Sony have got behind Chinese manufacturers, not just is sales, but in offerings as well. They are obviuosly using the milk cow strategy for it's mobile business, than let Sony Mobile rest in peace. They just re-used the Z1's offerings for the fourth time in Z4/Z3+, wihout eliminating the issues or without developing anything noteworthy.
Name and count what Z3+ offers over the Z1 for the double of it's price? Marginally nothing. Than why would anybody buy the Z3+ for 700 euro? I'm getting more and more convinced that Z5 will be nothing more, only the 5th generation of facelifted Z1.
If I replace my Z3 compact for 35 euros with insurance (because warranty doesn't covers water damage), I just hope that my 4th device won't be defective. BUT I can't expect anything more from Sony, neither camera improvements neither better assembled units, nor anything revolitionally new compared to Z1 in their future devices.

PS. I'm one of the most loyal Ericsson/SonyEricsson/Sony buyer, not an Apple or Samsung fanboy.
What do you say? Would be normal to replace for the 3rd time my Z3 Compact since January, when I bought it?
[ This Message was edited by: puestadelsol on 2015-06-07 02:05 ]
alexander87
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2015-06-07 03:36

TL;DR
[ This Message was edited by: puestadelsol on 2015-06-07 02:05 ]

Kinda happy it happened to you man, had four waterproof models from Sony and all were good.

But this may be happening too, sh!t does happen and might aswell happen to you.
There are no more barriers to cross. All I have in common with the uncontrollable and the insane, the vicious and the evil, all the mayhem I have caused and my utter indifference toward it I have now surpassed.
KLclip
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2015-06-07 04:38
@puestadelsol You and I sir share the same sentiments. I am not foolish enough to even consider that the Z5 will offer a tremendous upgrade over the Z1. I've been waiting so many years to see Sony deliver something substantial but it seems that only Samsung has real intent of offering something worthy of an upgrade. As such my it's very likely my next device will be the Note 5 provided Sony doesn't offer anything worthy. What is the point of not selling the Sony mobile division if you're making inferior devices compared to the rest? We're talking about tarnishing the image of Sony Mobile for the sake of being relevant or just having a presence in the mobile landscape to be "competitive". I'm sorry the next best thing is a Galaxy Note. What will be the point of the waiting on Z5 that if or when they offer "mediocre" specifications we will say you know what the Z6 will be better because it will come with the Snapdragon 820. We are smarter than this, I didn't post this to rally anyone to join me if things don't go as planned but I've pretty much had it.
unknownC151A
Sony Xperia V
PM
Posted: 2015-06-07 04:48
Wow. The quality of Esato has certainly degraded tremendously. Now we've new accounts, who never posted, created just to encourage users to switch to Samsung and post nothing relevant to the this thread. Lel.

Again. Changing to a 4k screen and changing the back cheap plastic back to glass isn't revolutionary at all.

Guys, there's a rumour thread out there in XDA that are moderated to prevent trolls like the dude above.

It have been snowing here for months (look at the icon) and it's pointless to stay here. Bye Esato. Had fond memories here.
KLclip
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2015-06-07 04:57
This is my first post and for months now I've been reading this thread every day so don't be ignorant by believing every time someone is opposing Sony mobile for not being impressive they're a troll. You have eyes as well and can see.
Shino03
S700
PM
Posted: 2015-06-07 05:09
Sony is definitely an underdog right now but we all cannot deny the fact that they are very well capable. Take for example their current situation on the mobile sensor industry. They're basically monopolizing it. Besides, their design stands-out. Their 2015 line-up is not that bad at all.
[ This Message was edited by: Shino03 on 2015-06-07 04:10 ]
stedus
Apple iPhone
PM
Posted: 2015-06-07 06:26

On 2015-06-07 04:38:27, KLclip wrote:
@puestadelsol You and I sir share the same sentiments. I am not foolish enough to even consider that the Z5 will offer a tremendous upgrade over the Z1. I've been waiting so many years to see Sony deliver something substantial but it seems that only Samsung has real intent of offering something worthy of an upgrade. As such my it's very likely my next device will be the Note 5 provided Sony doesn't offer anything worthy. What is the point of not selling the Sony mobile division if you're making inferior devices compared to the rest? We're talking about tarnishing the image of Sony Mobile for the sake of being relevant or just having a presence in the mobile landscape to be "competitive". I'm sorry the next best thing is a Galaxy Note. What will be the point of the waiting on Z5 that if or when they offer "mediocre" specifications we will say you know what the Z6 will be better because it will come with the Snapdragon 820. We are smarter than this, I didn't post this to rally anyone to join me if things don't go as planned but I've pretty much had it.

You know, "highest" spec are just one of many other criteria. The smartphones industry has come to the point where even the mid-ranger can perform quite well in most situation (see the M4 Aqua).

I got the same impression with you last month, my Xperia Z became really slow and laggy most of the time. I was frustrated about it because the Z3 or the Z3+ are not the one I want to buy. However, after the 5.0 update, my Z works extremely smooth, I feel line its suddenly become a new phone again (no bugs/errors/issues, it works like a champ ). This week, I heard that all the Z series and some mid-range will get Android 5.1 starting from July. I was astonished about it, since my Z is around 2.5 years old already but Sony is still supporting it.

Take a look at SS with their S5

With the current software supports and the new design promise, I will be happy to purchase their next flagship
[ This Message was edited by: stedus on 2015-06-07 05:27 ]
Current phone: Moto X Pure and Iphone X
pt020
W800
PM
Posted: 2015-06-07 08:09

[ This Message was edited by: pt020 on 2015-06-07 13:42 ]
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2015-06-07 11:21
Planted by what competition? I feel a major conspiracy theory coming on. If phone maker's wanted to 'plant' people in forums AndroidCentral, XDA, SamMobile etc... would be the 1st place they'd start, not Esato, we are far too small. Maybe around 2006/2007 it would have been possible, even then, why bother, the masses are not on forums and these days you have social media.

Are you people telling me that a new user is not welcome to post their opinion? We were all once new users here. I could also talk down the credibility of many who post here who arrived here long after I did, but that is plain stupid, ignorant and downright childish.

KLclip made some great points that are relevant, many of us keep a close eye on Sony as we hope they will finally deliver that incredible device that we know they are capable of but just don't do. Its funny, as Samsung was never my 1st choice either, after SE messed up with the Xperia X10, I thought I was going to get an HTC, but the S2 was the best phone at the time, so I jumped. I was in the same position KL is in now, looking at SE/Sony to bring a true halo device but it never happened, was disappointed each time, so you get what is the best at the time and hope Sony find their feet one day.

I fully expect a childish and ignorant response to this as many here don't seem to be capable of handling reality

Cheers!
[ This Message was edited by: Tsepz_GP on 2015-06-07 10:24 ]
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
hihihans
HTC One
PM
Posted: 2015-06-07 11:34
Welcome KLclip.
As Tsepz said, we were all a new member once. I remember I read the threats for a long time before I joined the discussions.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 166167168 ... 315316317  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic