Author Apple iPhone 6 Plus Announced
difenbaker
Nokia N95 8GB
PM
Posted: 2014-10-10 23:55
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
On 2014-10-10 23:07:04, aussieland1 wrote:
@difenbaker
I meant in this thread - all that was posted so far was every bit of negative press that you could find about Apple on the net. I would love to read experience of people using the phone - as difficult as it may be for you to understand there are more things to this phone than the bending.

sure okay, I'll try to look for more 'positive' news... like maybe this one, telling of the iphone 6 high demand?
http://www.esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=207328

I guess that's true, there's more about the phone than bending... but what else is there really? Every new feature is really not new. Its a "been there done that" type of phone, right? For me personally, there's very little if at all to bve positive about. Like I mentioned, even last year, "being big" turned out to be only thing that's NEW about it.

And speaking of that new screen... have you actually seen the apps that ran on it? The games, for example, they all look blown up! Instead of using the xtra real estate of the screen to add more features (more icons, more menus, more buttons) - they blew everything up, the icons, the letters. Even the apps, they all look blown up. I think its only now that devs are starting to update their apps. Most of it was made for the iphone 5 - and look "blown up" on the 6 and 6+. Is that a good thing? Is that something that a 700 dollar plus phone should have? For me, it looks like Apple not doing their homework, is what it is.

There are lots of reviews about the 6 on the net... I like this one, it sounds to be unbiased.
http://www.howardforums.com/s[....]-My-Apple-iPhone-6-Plus-review
At least, on this review, he acknowledges that there's a bending problem... and not just turn a blind eye to it.

cheers!
[ This Message was edited by: difenbaker on 2014-10-10 23:16 ]
..function cant coffee without in the morning.
aussieland1
LG Nexus 5
PM
Posted: 2014-10-11 00:23
Yes I posted that and although I believe that it is based on truth I posted as a joke- the difference is I didn't go back and posted over and over the same thing.

And the apps are slowly being updated - some like Facebook look terrible but most are not so bad . Anyway it is up to the users to decide if it annoys them or not

And about the phone there are things like screen, battery life, camera performance, comparisons vs other phones,etc the phone has OIS, split view of the email, multiple lte bands , a clever way to reach the top of the screen

I am not saying that any of these is ground braking but I find them interested and was interested how other people /users of iPhone find them too

you obviously find the above of zero interest (which makes me wonder why you keep posting in this thread) but I was hoping I could read from other people about their experience with any of the above

Edit

Speaking about playing games on iPhone 6 plus and how they are supposedly not taking advantage of the large screen
. .
The iPhone 6 Plus is great for gaming… if you have two hands free

[ This Message was edited by: aussieland1 on 2014-10-10 23:33 ]
difenbaker
Nokia N95 8GB
PM
Posted: 2014-10-11 03:09
Well, as long as you're asking me questions, out here in the open, and not on PM... I'd like to ask something as well.
Since I've known you in MR, you've been an objective, kinda open kind of guy... now suddenly you're in love with Apple and the iPhone? What happened?

You told of the iPhone like it was "yesterday's news", and I happen to agree with that, now you tell us it was all a joke? Okay... But it looks like you change your mind every so often as it suits you. Granted, everyone and anyone can do that and its okay. By the same token, if someone else changes his mind (from positive to negative), it should be okay as well, right?

I get that you're enjoying your phone and not having problems with it... but you seem to be blind to all the problems it is having. Your phone may not be problematic... and like I said above, I get that. But it DOES NOT mean that other phones are not problematic. Like if there's a bending problem and you dont have it... then just simply ignore the post about it. Plain and simple. OTHER iPhone users are having it... just accept that.

If I end up helping someone by posting about problems... to make them DECIDE BETTER on their own, then my job's done. And why are you getting annoyed about all the issues the phone's been having? You dont have them, right? So why would you stop other people from knowing? Noone's forcing you to read about them.

Do you feel bad about it? Why should you, its about a phone man, not about you! I have never and will never call anyone names... My beef is always with the phones, and the maker, not the users.

And if you were to read my posts.... NOT ONE of my posts are the same with another. I do not post something again and again, as you so eloquently put it. Sure they may be talking about the same thing... but its from a different author everytime! Different article, different source, different point of view! I DO NOT double post and I aint planning on stating now.

I may have lost interest in buying the phone... but as stated above, I can always change my mind. And other people who ARE interested... may find the posts here useful, and change their minds as well.

[ This Message was edited by: difenbaker on 2014-10-11 02:19 ]
aussieland1
LG Nexus 5
PM
Posted: 2014-10-11 09:30
difenbaker

First of all l see that you ignored my previous post completely and choose to attack me instead . Just so you know I still use android and iPhone on a daily basis just like on MR days ( now I use wp 8.1 as well ) so I am not quite sure what has changed there ? Also despite you calling me blind I have repeatedly acknowledged that iphone 6 plus bends if enough force is applied ( you obviously missed that). And yes despite you using different sources you are effectively repeating the same issue over and over - it is getting boring to be honest and it is double posting whether you want to accept it or not .

So please don't reply to anymore of my posts especially if you are going to name call me- this is way off topic and helping no one . I will try and create a different thread with "iPhone 6 plus impression / reviews only" so you can carry on posting all your negative posts in this one
[ This Message was edited by: aussieland1 on 2014-10-11 08:31 ]
hihihans
HTC One
PM
Posted: 2014-10-11 09:44
I'm not ignoring the bending issue but can we please also talk about other parts of the phone.
difenbaker
Nokia N95 8GB
PM
Posted: 2014-10-11 13:08

On 2014-10-11 09:30:30, aussieland1 wrote:
difenbaker

First of all l see that you ignored my previous post completely and choose to attack me instead . Just so you know I still use android and iPhone on a daily basis just like on MR days ( now I use wp 8.1 as well ) so I am not quite sure what has changed there ?

Of course I ignored it... you said yourself, its nothing goundbreaking, and I dont care about it, right?
What's changed? You did... I did not say you didn't use Android, what I said was, you seem to be defending Apple every time you feel like it. Before you were more objective - now you're not. That's the thing that's changed.

Also despite you calling me blind I have repeatedly acknowledged that iphone 6 plus bends if enough force is applied ( you obviously missed that). And yes despite you using different sources you are effectively repeating the same issue over and over - it is getting boring to be honest and it is double posting whether you want to accept it or not .

Well, yes you did acknowledge the fact that any phone can bend.. what you dont acknowledge (up to now, despite overwhelming evidence) is that how EASY it is to bend the iPhone. That due to its design... it has a flaw.

I quoted different sources because I seriously doubt that you (or other fans) would accept just one, right?
Just like Apple... who said that "only 9 cases reported", you just want to dismiss the issue rather than accept it.

So please don't reply to anymore of my posts especially if you are going to name call me- this is way off topic and helping no one . I will try and create a different thread with "iPhone 6 plus impression / reviews only" so you can carry on posting all your negative posts in this one
[ This Message was edited by: aussieland1 on 2014-10-11 08:31 ]

That's funny... You're the one who addressed me personally FIRST, right? You're the one who confronted me first. You're the one who keeps replying to my posts. You could've even PM'ed me about it, but no... you choose to confront me out here in the forum.
In fact, you did the same thing to other posters here commenting on the issues on the iPhone... would you please read again several pages back, to see who did what to whom first. In your desire to dismiss the issue you've banged heads with almost everyone who posted somethin negative.
And you tell me nothing's changed? Sigh...

A user's thread is always welcome.

Yeah, lets just agree to disagree... and this will be the last reply you'll hear from me.
Cheers man... been nice knowing the "former" you.

On 2014-10-11 09:44:26, hihihans wrote:
I'm not ignoring the bending issue but can we please also talk about other parts of the phone.

good for you...

at least someone's taking notice.

1 Million iPhone 6 And 6 Plus Pre-Ordered In Six Hours In China
http://www.ubergizmo.com/2014[....]s-in-china/?utm_source=mainrss

cheers!
[ This Message was edited by: difenbaker on 2014-10-11 13:26 ]
lemmy31
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2014-10-11 15:35
Well....I picked it up this morning and I must say it is a beautiful piece of technology. 4 hours on and its a bit like using the Lumia 1520 before the 8.1 update, not many apps optimised to use the extra screen estate. The landscape views for contacts, calendar and email are very good though.
Just charging up as we speak and then tomorrow ill have a good go with the camera.
I have to say that whether it is easy to bend or not, it does seem to be a bit thin for such a large handset. It doesn't feel flimsy at all but it is very thin.
Bought a really cheap case while I was out and a glass screen protector, I don't usually use cases and I don't think this one will last very long !!

aussieland1
LG Nexus 5
PM
Posted: 2014-10-11 16:36
Congrats Lemmy- I hope you will enjoy using it. I like the colour too- I think it look the best in silver grey . Agreed about being it too thin I hope Apple obsession with making th device thinner and thinner will end eventually . It would be great to read some more about what you think of it once you had time to play with it. And maybe camera comparison with lumia 1520? (Battery life too). Anyway enjoy using it
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2014-10-11 16:36
Wow congrats lemmy31 enjoy
Phone?? What phone??
Hobbs
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2014-10-11 16:45
Congrats Lemmy.Enjoy.
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3
Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
difenbaker
Nokia N95 8GB
PM
Posted: 2014-10-11 16:55

On 2014-10-11 15:35:16, lemmy31 wrote:
Well....I picked it up this morning and I must say it is a beautiful piece of technology. 4 hours on and its a bit like using the Lumia 1520 before the 8.1 update, not many apps optimised to use the extra screen estate. The landscape views for contacts, calendar and email are very good though.
Just charging up as we speak and then tomorrow ill have a good go with the camera.
I have to say that whether it is easy to bend or not, it does seem to be a bit thin for such a large handset. It doesn't feel flimsy at all but it is very thin.
Bought a really cheap case while I was out and a glass screen protector, I don't usually use cases and I don't think this one will last very long !!

Congrats!

Apple Reportedly Shifting iPhone Production Balance More Toward iPhone 6 Plus
http://www.macrumors.com/2014/10/07/iphone-6-plus-production/

cheers!

plankgatan
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2014-10-12 15:44
congrats to your 6+......its a awesome device...the camera is top-notch on 6+...the video recording have the best quality out there.

6+ have some small hidden features who is very cool.
see camera shoot out, it kills Nokia, Sony, samsung and all other brands in overall quality.

for me indoor/lowlight photos has always been a issue for cellphones...but 6+ really takes a new route.

http://www.phonearena.com/rev[....]ia-Z2-HTC-One-M8_id3805/page/3

http://www.phonearena.com/rev[....]ia-Z2-HTC-One-M8_id3805/page/5

the optical image stabilization on 6+ is way better then ex Nokia 1520 which makes the videos unstable.

i have the 6 64gb and im very pleased with it..so as the 5s
[ This Message was edited by: plankgatan on 2014-10-12 14:54 ]
lemmy31
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2014-10-12 16:27
Unfortunately I haven't had chance to take any pictures today and with work commitments I won't get chance to take any outdoor shots until next weekend.
I'm really enjoying the phone though, call quality is excellent and the screen is as good as the Lumia 1520's which makes it very, very good in my opinion.
If the stills camera is as good as the 1520's, I'll be very happy indeed and over the moon with my purchase. I still think I prefer the WP8 live tiles interface over iOS , I definitely prefer both over Android though.

plankgatan
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2014-10-12 23:02
well i prefer IPS/Retina LCD way over Nokias Amoled......1520 have a LCD (Not Retina though compared to ex 1020.

the camera on 6+ gives better lightness & contrast...indoor is also better.......1520 might have slightly higher details....but thats it.

overall image quality is better on 6+...im looking forward to see some nice 6+ pictures.

ps..IOS Appstore to google play ???

its like night & day...google play is hideous......it really is.
[ This Message was edited by: plankgatan on 2014-10-12 22:05 ]
aussieland1
LG Nexus 5
PM
Posted: 2014-10-12 23:21

Lemmy - glad to hear you are enjoying it so far. Maybe you can keep both? - or is this not an option. From the little time I had with this phone I thought the camera was quite good

On 2014-10-12 23:02:41, plankgatan wrote:

ps..IOS Appstore to google play ???

its like night & day...google play is hideous......it really is.
[ This Message was edited by: plankgatan on 2014-10-12 22:05 ]

Lol as usual you don't know what you are talking about
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 121314 ... 171819  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic