Ranjith
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2014-10-01 18:37
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2014-10-01 11:47:50, etaab wrote:

On 2014-10-01 07:26:57, Ranjith wrote:
Anyway the Bending issue..People are over blowing the issue

Have you seen the amount on Instagram ? its clearly not getting blown out of proportion.
[ This Message was edited by: etaab on 2014-10-01 11:16 ]

No i don't use instagram much
etaab..i wasn't clear,my bad,what i meant by over blowing the issue is that ,Yes i agree the phone has a desgin flaw but it looks like its limited a certain weak spot but now every idiot is trying to bend the phone and in some videos it looks stupid coz they are trying too hard(not on the weak spot) and it isn't bending So its makes it look like it bends only when tried too hard

Anyway Apple acting like bully's again..when will they and the fans learn :-\\
I ESATO
I W1i

T20,T65, P800(2x),K800,Z300, 800, 850 (2x),P1i(with WALKMAN)
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2014-10-01 22:55
That Instagram video just proves one thing to me, the phone is literally fragile.

Using thumbs alone, its clear it bends when enough force is applied, but when a larger force such as the palm of the band versus a wooden table, tight jeans versus a hard chair, the phone is going to lose its structure. I don't think any other phone would gave way that easily as in that video.

Check me out on Instagram ! search for etaab !
aussieland1
LG Nexus 5
PM
Posted: 2014-10-01 23:11
I find it a bit sad that people with no interest in this phone are posting in this thread just to make fun of the bending issue. Anyway whether it bends or not the point is that you still need to apply a lot of pressure to accomplish that. So this wouldn't stop me from buying this phone. Nexus 6 or Note 4 on the other hand might....😊
itsjustJOH
Sony Xperia L
PM
Posted: 2014-10-02 03:05
1. We're making fun of Apple being the dick they are and not facing the issue correctly, ignoring millions but 9 that bought the device.
2. Also the ones who try to defend it butthurtly while it's obviously a major issue. And if you just look at all those bend test videos, thousands if not hundreds, it doesn't even need a lot of force to bend the phone. Hell, even kids can bend it. It even bends while charging. Darth Vader would not even need to use the Force and it will still bend itself.
3. We ain't stopping you from buying, if you really wish to despite this big issue. Just put it in something flat, like not in your pocket. Probably bring something like a table wherever you go. Also charge it in a cold room, like an ice storage room so it won't heat up and bend itself. Or put a heavy, flat object on top to prevent the bending while charging. Just make sure to drill a hole for the well-designed protruding camera.
emerson_shei
Sony Xperia Z3
PM
Posted: 2014-10-02 07:40
iSight And FaceTime Cameras By ChipWorks

www.****/en/technica[....]ne-6-and-iphone-6-plus-part-3/
emerson_shei
Sony Xperia Z3
PM
Posted: 2014-10-02 07:45
Apple iPhone 6 Plus Mini-Review: Apple First Phablet

http://anandtech.com/show/857[....]us-review-apples-first-phablet
aussieland1
LG Nexus 5
PM
Posted: 2014-10-02 08:41
@itsjustJOH

I am guessing you are trying to be funny but you end up sounding silly.

Anyway despite it being a "major" issue in the iPhone 6/ 6+ threads that I frequently visit I am yet to see someone reporting a bended phone. I only have an iPhone 6 but again no issues . Anyway my point still is that people making a big deal out of this are mainly people that were not interested in buying it anyway
[ This Message was edited by: aussieland1 on 2014-10-02 07:42 ]
difenbaker
Nokia N95 8GB
PM
Posted: 2014-10-03 11:10
'Bendgate' continues to haunt Apple
http://betanews.com/2014/10/0[....]etanews+Full+Content+Feed+-+BN
http://www.theverge.com/2014/[....]ent-iphone-6-poster-is-perfect

Some genius has come up with a pre-bent case for your iPhone 6
http://metro.co.uk/2014/10/01[....]ase-for-your-iphone-6-4888272/

KPN - iPhone 6 pocket tailor avoids #bendgate - (2014) :60 (The Netherlands)

By Dabitch on 30 Sep 2014, 23:33

http://b0wie.s3.amazonaws.com/videos/converted/213969/benpocketiphone6_html5_mp4_1412112833.mp4

KPN doesn't want iPhone 6 fans to worry, so they sent a mobile tailor out to greet them in the line for the new iPhone. Every person who bought a new phone was offered a free adjustment to their pants, a super-sized pocket, making their phone pocket large enough to accommodate the much larger phones. This way, KPN avoids #bendgate while positioning themselves as Ăźber-clever and rather funny telecom for all your iPhone needs.

http://adland.tv/commercials/[....]etherlands#0ElbhVzTwimHvEDl.99

[ This Message was edited by: difenbaker on 2014-10-03 10:39 ]
..function cant coffee without in the morning.
difenbaker
Nokia N95 8GB
PM
Posted: 2014-10-04 09:08
Here's a nice, objective, probably the most comprehensive story about the whole bending issue.

Opinion: Why the iPhone 6 bends and why it wouldn’t be an issue if Apple addressed it properly
http://9to5mac.com/2014/09/30/bendgate/

video:
iPhone 6 Plus Bending - What Apple isn't Telling You
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaQsXJ5NtnA#t=257

from Apple:
Our iPhones are designed, engineered and manufactured to be both beautiful and sturdy. iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus feature a precision engineered unibody enclosure constructed from machining a custom grade of 6000 series anodized aluminum, which is tempered for extra strength. They also feature stainless steel and titanium inserts to reinforce high stress locations and use the strongest glass in the smartphone industry. We chose these high-quality materials and construction very carefully for their strength and durability. We also perform rigorous tests throughout the entire development cycle including 3-point bending, pressure point cycling, sit, torsion, and user studies. iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus meet or exceed all of our high quality standards to endure everyday, real life use.

With normal use a bend in iPhone is extremely rare and through our first six days of sale, a total of nine customers have contacted Apple with a bent iPhone 6 Plus. As with any Apple product, if you have questions please contact Apple.

from Wired:
Like a lot of people, I have a bent iPhone 6 Plus. It’s almost imperceptible, but it’s there: a slight warp right at the buttons on the side. Put the phone screen down on a table, and it wobbles. I haven’t purposefully bent it and I don’t recall sitting on it (but I probably have). So why is this one bending? I have a theory: It might have something to do with it being both very thin and very big and made of aluminum. The Samsung Galaxy Note3 is big, but it’s also 4 mm thicker than the iPhone 6 Plus and doesn’t have an aluminum back that, when bent, stays bent. You don’t hear about big Android phones bending because they are either too thick, or made out of plastic. That’s my theory, anyway.

...........and the article continues:

Forbes is one of the few publications that objectively looked at BendGate. Anthony Kosner’s article was unbiased and pointed to valid points on both sides of the fence. Hilsenteger made the video because he assumed it would gain a fair amount of attention, but it was also to help inform potential buyers of an issue that could affect the iPhone 6 Plus; Apple offered reporters a look into its own testing labs and Consumer Reports ran a series of bend tests to prove the iPhone 6 Plus was a tough and tested device. Though as Kosner pointed out, both Apple and Consumer Reports were testing the wrong thing. Either way, we know it will bend and that’s only a small part of the issue at this point.

So what’s the real problem here? Well, instead of looking at the actual issue at hand, it seems that the mainstream tech media would rather preserve its relationship with Apple. It’s funny how this “game” works. Even though BendGate isn’t something that will affect everyone’s device, it’s still an issue that was relevant enough to grab the attention of nearly every major publication, news outlet, cause a social media and PR storm for Apple, and gain the attention of over 45 million people on a single YouTube video. Everyone is so afraid of having their Apple card revoked that they will instead turn to finger pointing and name calling to take the blame away from Apple or keep quiet and save their seat in the next keynote.

Another major problem that was recently brought to my attention is the fact that some people are deliberately bending the 6 Plus to prove a point. Keep in mind, this is happening after Hilsenteger’s video blew up. There is absolutely no need to intentionally bend an iPhone 6 Plus now. Stop it. It won’t make things any better. For those that are actually having an issue, let the Apple Store know and they will take care of it.

I love Apple. I’m a huge fan of its products and services. I own a Mac Pro, 15-inch MacBook Pro with Retina Display, iPad Air, iPad mini, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus. I love it when they do great things, but I’ll also be the first to point out the flaws. BendGate has not affected me at this point and I have no plans to return my iPhone 6 Plus because of what I’ve seen or heard. If I happen to experience bending with my 6 Plus, I’ll definitely speak out about it and take it up with the Apple Store for further inspection. I wouldn’t let any of this noise get in the way of purchasing an iPhone 6 or 6 Plus. It’s not going to just bend right out of the box. In fact, it likely won’t happen to most people.

Thousands of flawed products are released every year, but Apple happens to be in a targeted position. There’s a standard of quality to be expected from an Apple product and some believe that the iPhone 6 Plus misses the mark. Is BendGate a real issue? Definitely. Will your device be affected by it? Likely not.

It just seems like more of us should be focused on what’s better for the individuals out there in the world. The person who is spending $600-$900 of their hard-earned money on a phone that they plan to keep for one to two years. Instead it seems like a lot of people are looking out for their loyalty to these major companies instead. Who are we working for? The People or the brands?

Apple owes us a truthful explanation of the weakness of the device and the plan on addressing it in the future. Like Antennagate, people who ACCIDENTALLY bend their iPhones should get repairs paid for. That should happen whether it is this month or 24 months into ownership. Apple should also not penalize publications for investigating and asking questions about the quality of their devices.

http://9to5mac.com/2014/09/30/bendgate/

cheers!

..function cant coffee without in the morning.
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2014-10-04 13:45

On 2014-10-01 23:11:38, aussieland1 wrote:
I find it a bit sad that people with no interest in this phone are posting in this thread just to make fun of the bending issue.

But we're not, which illustrates to me you don't read and understand what people are saying.

Its all about Apple and not the phones. They're a terrible company which I have so many negative beefs with that I find it hard to not voice my opinions. If they did business like other phone manufacturers, I wouldn't give a toss.

They're greedy, cash grabbing, ignorant, self-obsessed, lying, manipulative megalomaniacs. If you cant see that, then that's fine, as nearly every other iPhone owner is of the same ignorance.
Check me out on Instagram ! search for etaab !
lemmy31
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2014-10-04 14:21

On 2014-10-04 13:45:24, etaab wrote:

On 2014-10-01 23:11:38, aussieland1 wrote:
I find it a bit sad that people with no interest in this phone are posting in this thread just to make fun of the bending issue.

But we're not, which illustrates to me you don't read and understand what people are saying.

Its all about Apple and not the phones. They're a terrible company which I have so many negative beefs with that I find it hard to not voice my opinions. If they did business like other phone manufacturers, I wouldn't give a toss.

They're greedy, cash grabbing, ignorant, self-obsessed, lying, manipulative megalomaniacs. If you cant see that, then that's fine, as nearly every other iPhone owner is of the same ignorance.

Bloody hell fella, you need help !! I've read your anti Apple rantings over the past few days and your feelings go far and beyond how a normal, stable person should react over any commercial business that has not caused you any personal hurt.
I hate to burst your bubble but all Corporations and multi national companies exist to make money, including your beloved Samsung. There are not many philanthropists in the tech business, although Mr Gates does spring to mind.
You clearly don't like Apple and it's products and that's fair enough, but your obsessive manner and rantings are a real concern.
[ This Message was edited by: lemmy31 on 2014-10-04 15:51 ]
aussieland1
LG Nexus 5
PM
Posted: 2014-10-04 14:42

On 2014-10-04 13:45:24, etaab wrote:

Actually your post completly ignored what I was saying and yes yours and other people's posts made have shown enjoyment of the bending flow . Second this is a ip 6 plus thread not a" how Apple is conducting business" . Third you don't know me - for your information I have had Samsung phones and lg phones and Nokia phones as well as iPhone so to call me ignorant speaks volumes of you.

Also although this is off topic maybe have a look at how Samsung is conducting its business before starting to pass judgments on people based on what phones are buying
[ This Message was edited by: aussieland1 on 2014-10-04 13:48 ]
plankgatan
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2014-10-04 19:28
ive been playing with iphone 6+ for 1 day now (my girlfriend 6+) and i can tell you guys one thing....you have to bend VERY hard to bend 6+ chassi.

no way in hell it bends in your pocket (i know, i read about some guy who had it in the pocket, etc...)
its more robust then i thought.....actually when i (right now) hold it in my hand and bend it sideways....nothing.
when i bend it lightly long-sides.....nothing...........im quite strong in my arms and if i going to bend 6+ long sides i truly have to press very hard.

and give me a brake...i promise you guys i can bend many +5" phones if i press very hard...nothing unique there.

overall its a VERY cool phone...i specially like the icons turns horizontal when you rotate the phone (like the ipad)...the camera is one of the best on the market....

i give it 9/10 easily
[ This Message was edited by: plankgatan on 2014-10-04 18:31 ]
Ranjith
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2014-10-04 21:08
@plankgatan

Just curious..how do you feel like beinding your own(or GF's) phone?Or are you just that damn rich?
Im still scared to wet my Z2
I ESATO
I W1i

T20,T65, P800(2x),K800,Z300, 800, 850 (2x),P1i(with WALKMAN)
emerson_shei
Sony Xperia Z3
PM
Posted: 2014-10-05 07:50
Camera Head To Head: Apple iPhone 6 Plus Vs Nokia Lumia 1520 Vs Nokia Lumia 1020

http://pureviewclub.com/2014/25226

P.S: In Your Opinion, Who Fared Better In The Practical Result ???
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 8910 ... 171819  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic