Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Android > Sony Xperia Z3 Compact Announced

Previous  123 45 ... 394041  Next
Author Sony Xperia Z3 Compact Announced
miromiromi
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2014-09-13 06:11
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
and then gsmarena took out the antutu score from their review.
looks like some folks don't really want to see a sony device winning over a samsung. maybe gsmarena is still redoing the test to achieve a lower score and post it with the claim that there was something wrong in the initial test.

or is something wrong with my browser? i can't see the antutu score there anymore.

i don't really understand gsmarena's bias against sony these days. when describing the camera performance of the likes of LG, they can use the words "excellent" and "one of the best" and other superb adjectives. with the z3, they settle to simply describing certain points of the camera's performance and say "OK" for the conclusion. if you compare the z3 and lg shots, it's difficult to understand how the z3 can't deserve the "excellent" description.

@McKinley, please ignore that negative entity.
it thrives on attention. when it was ignored a few posts back, he just left.
[ This Message was edited by: miromiromi on 2014-09-14 10:00 ]
miromiromi
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2014-09-13 06:16

On 2014-09-12 19:09:25, randomuser wrote:
Doesn't matter how high the brightness is, contrast ratio is what matters overall. Sure it would be more legible in bright sunlight, but it does lose overall quality. The contrast ratio is lower than Z1 Compact and significantly lower than Z1.

Things are turning out to be the same all over again

sony says that they have this new tech that automatically adjusts contrast under bright light to make the display more legible. we really need to have that tested.
[ This Message was edited by: miromiromi on 2014-09-13 06:19 ]
Hilmawan
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2014-09-13 08:52
@miromiromi
Hahaha ... I've just realized that Antutu benchmark results has been missing from their review.
Maybe they will also replace the Z3C photo samples with the worst photos that they can produce. So that people like you, can't complain about their biased reviews.

I also wonder why some people really like talk s**t about Sony phones. But at the same time they don't do the same thing to other phones.
For example, I have never seen bonovox bashing the S5 because the crappy low light performance or because the video looks like an earthquake when you're moving around.
[ This Message was edited by: Hilmawan on 2014-09-13 07:53 ]
argiriano
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2014-09-13 08:56

On 2014-09-12 19:09:25, randomuser wrote:
Doesn't matter how high the brightness is, contrast ratio is what matters overall. Sure it would be more legible in bright sunlight, but it does lose overall quality. The contrast ratio is lower than Z1 Compact and significantly lower than Z1.

Things are turning out to be the same all over again

I dissagree!
Z1C have overblown contrast which result in lost details from midtones to shadows which is not good.
Z3C have superior display than Z1c by a mile and it`s contrast ratio is in the very good range don`t be mistaken by the numbers alone. Having more vivid colors, greater viewing angles and sunlight visibility, higher luminance not to mention unparaleled power comsumption is noting but awesome.

I don`t think this is bad contrast at all.

I didn`t think I would be tempted to switch from Z1C because I don`t like missing metal frame on Z3C but with those specs, battery life and the price which is 150GBP less than Galaxy Alpha and maybe 300 less than iPhone 6... here we go Z3C - you are mine!
itsjustJOH
Sony Xperia L
PM
Posted: 2014-09-13 13:27
There's probably something wrong with the Antutu benchmark, as Z1 Compact users also report about 43-44K scores.
pt020
W800
PM
Posted: 2014-09-14 10:12
You can vote
http://blog.gsmarena.com/week[....]-alpha-sony-xperia-z3-compact/
randomuser
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2014-09-14 10:28
Well I wouldn't be surprised if GSMArena posted contrast ratio is lower than the actual contrast.
Let's just ignore the shitty GSMArena review
miromiromi
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2014-09-14 10:51
^hmm i don't think they'd go that far.

they just do those nuances in the review presentations that allow samsung's devices to appear as the better choices.

i'm just baffled how sony decides to give them the first available handsets for review when they don't get favorable reviews from gsmarena.

gsmarena used to be a favorite for many esato forum members before. i don't understand how things have turned out this way when sony has been greatly improving. maybe they just expect so much from sony.
[ This Message was edited by: miromiromi on 2014-09-14 10:33 ]
doministry
Sony Xperia Z2
PM, WWW
Posted: 2014-09-14 11:33
https://www.youtube.com/watch[....]&list=UUTj40oI2e4BFTUB3LkY7PQg
a w a r e
itsjustJOH
Sony Xperia L
PM
Posted: 2014-09-14 13:30

On 2014-09-14 11:33:59, doministry wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch[....]&list=UUTj40oI2e4BFTUB3LkY7PQg

I keep trying to remember where I heard his voice before. Btekt is relatively new, and I know he did video reviews before because I remember his voice but I just can't remember the name.

Anyway, he does a pretty good job with his video reviews.
Hilmawan
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2014-09-14 13:48
@itsjustJOH
I think his name was basel / bazel I'm not too sure. He's from Recombu.
xell
W880 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2014-09-14 13:49
Basil Kronfli, editor
@basil_knows, +Basil

Despite learning the ropes at phoneArena years ago, then going on to work at Know Your Mobile and Recombu, Basil still isn't bored of the Swiss army knife of gadgets - the smartphone.
Esato's Expert Of The Year MMIX
itsjustJOH
Sony Xperia L
PM
Posted: 2014-09-14 14:06
Oh yeah, nice! Thanks guys, I knew it. I had heard him from the Recombu videos before. I think he's nice off from them, he does a lot of good reviews. First saw his Z2 vs M7 stereo speakers comparison and he just knows what he's talking about.

Anyway, again, here's his unboxing:

Sony Xperia Z3 Compact unboxing video

Edit: He did mention the device does not have the final release software, so don't take GSMArena's review (at least for the camera review) very seriously.
[ This Message was edited by: itsjustJOH on 2014-09-14 13:13 ]
miromiromi
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2014-09-14 14:20
the "not yet final firmware" or "pre-release software" does not really make any difference, though.
we've seen it in the xperia z up to the z2. what was shown on the floor was what went to the stores. they just released firmware updates after a few weeks or months.

anyway, because i found something interesting...
from a certain nobean on the gsmarena comments section

so this is what GSMArena means with "Alpha takes better photos and videos than Z3c?"

[ This Message was edited by: miromiromi on 2014-09-14 15:11 ]
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2014-09-14 15:54
Nice little review of the DNC headphones, in case anyone missed it.

http://blog.gsmarena.com/sony[....]ncelling-headset-flash-review/

Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 45 ... 394041  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic