Esato

Forum > Manufacturer Discussion > Samsung > Samsung Galaxy Note 4

Previous  123 ... 434445  Next
Author Samsung Galaxy Note 4
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
Joined: Dec 27, 2006
Posts: > 500
From: Johannesburg, South Africa
PM
Posted: 2015-09-05 13:19
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Lol I know Aussie mate, but I just couldn't justify the 128GB, I was close to getting it, but in the end couldn't.

Do you mean the S6 Edge+? I have yet to try it, but if the normal S6 Edge is anything to go by, the Edge+ must also be a stunner, as you said.

I must say, I am now getting a little put off Samsung, they have royally messed up in terms of software.

I have just updated my Note 4 to 5.1.1, its a hell of a lot faster, recent apps lag is gone and the whole phone just feels great BUT, the RAM Management is just so aggressive. Despite the phone having +600MB free RAM even with large apps running, it auto force closes apps a lot. For the 1st time ever it force closed Opera Max, which works in the background as a Data Compression Tool.
In 4.4.4 and 5.0.1, it never did that, but has done it 3 times in the last 24hours on 5.1.1, I have now set Opera Max to be Pinned in the notification bar.

Running WhatsApp, FB, Instagram, Chrome, Tapatalk, Opera Mini, Twitter, Opera Max and Messenger can result in a few of them being closed. Really sucks.

I think I'll be jumping on that Xperia Z5 Premium after all, as Samsung are ruining what is a great phone.
Phone: iPhone 11 Pro Max Midnight Green 256GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droids: Huawei P30 Pro & Samsung Galaxy Note8
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
Joined: Dec 27, 2006
Posts: > 500
From: Johannesburg, South Africa
PM
Posted: 2015-09-29 12:27
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
An update WRT 5.1.1:

I have recently updated to the latest German DBT 5.1.1 and they seem to have sorted out the aggressive RAM Management, multitasking is such a pleasure once again, and with the r cent apps delay gone, the Note 4 is incredibly fast, this is what 5.0.1 should have been, even battery life seems better, and the phone in general just a whole lot more responsive from the Camera to SPen usage. Thoroughly loving it.

Doubt I'll be moving from this phone anytime soon, but that 1st 5.1.1 FW really had me thinking I should, it seems Samsung have realized their mistake though, let's see how future FW go, at this point nothing in 2015 is really worth the the move from a Note 4, most of the phones actually fall short of the Note 4 incl. Samsung's own 2015 flagships in some areas.

I hope,the Note 6 bring s back MicroSD support, I seriously cherish it in my Note 4.
Phone: iPhone 11 Pro Max Midnight Green 256GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droids: Huawei P30 Pro & Samsung Galaxy Note8
hihihans
HTC One
Joined: Mar 15, 2009
Posts: > 500
From: Netherlands
PM
Posted: 2016-01-15 10:54
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2016-01-14 17:52:02, josephnero wrote:
Bought note 4 less than a week ago and returned it yesterday.just aweful everything.I can't believe how reviewer hide every negative point.Please go to your nearest shop and check note 4 s screen,slightly tilt it,(I can't speak for note 5).just horrible quality and diamond pentile is crap.looks like water paint.I was a fool to sell my Z3 and now i'm back to Z2
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
Joined: Dec 27, 2006
Posts: > 500
From: Johannesburg, South Africa
PM
Posted: 2016-01-15 22:06
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2016-01-15 10:54:55, hihihans wrote:

On 2016-01-14 17:52:02, josephnero wrote:
Bought note 4 less than a week ago and returned it yesterday.just aweful everything.I can't believe how reviewer hide every negative point.Please go to your nearest shop and check note 4 s screen,slightly tilt it,(I can't speak for note 5).just horrible quality and diamond pentile is crap.looks like water paint.I was a fool to sell my Z3 and now i'm back to Z2




Did you have a similar experience Hans?
I guess there is bound to be some lemons around, my Note 4's display is near perfect, colors are vivid and it's super smooth. The Note 5 uses a similar panel, with a few upgrades, but it seems to be mostly the same.
Phone: iPhone 11 Pro Max Midnight Green 256GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droids: Huawei P30 Pro & Samsung Galaxy Note8
Luca-S
Satio Black
Joined: Sep 11, 2012
Posts: 274
PM
Posted: 2016-01-16 02:11
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2016-01-15 22:06:18, Tsepz_GP wrote:
Did you have a similar experience Hans?
I guess there is bound to be some lemons around, my Note 4's display is near perfect, colors are vivid and it's super smooth. The Note 5 uses a similar panel, with a few upgrades, but it seems to be mostly the same.



I had one with low quality display but the second was perfect. (green to pink hue by shifting the device)
The color shift was there but in my second Note 4 was almost imperceptible.
Oh! The camera on my second was better too... (even with the same sensor)

I only had two things to complain:
- GPU (brazilian is the Exynos version)
- Samsung sh*t bloatware

Everything else was absolutely great in every aspect.
Battery, sound through headphones, build, signal of GSM and wifi, calling quality...


P.S.: I'm a Sony fan who had every Xperia Z* flagship till Note 4!
Are you nervous?
hihihans
HTC One
Joined: Mar 15, 2009
Posts: > 500
From: Netherlands
PM
Posted: 2016-01-16 11:41
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
not me.
I only posted josperno his post to the right threat. Ii should have mentioned that.
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
Joined: Dec 27, 2006
Posts: > 500
From: Johannesburg, South Africa
PM
Posted: 2016-01-17 01:33
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Luca-S

Glad you enjoyed your 2nd Note 4, but it's such a shame the 1st was a lemon, Samsung need to get better control of their QC, especially on a flagship.

Are you still using the Note 4?

Hans

oh I see.
Hope you're enjoying your new beast, the G4!
Phone: iPhone 11 Pro Max Midnight Green 256GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droids: Huawei P30 Pro & Samsung Galaxy Note8
etaab
Nokia N8
Joined: Jan 23, 2004
Posts: > 500
From: UK - South Yorkshire
PM
Posted: 2016-02-04 23:26
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Well since I got my Note 4 in October 2014 I've been so impressed with it I've barely been on Esato.

Probably because it felt so up to date and beyond the competition that there was no point even discussing other phones anymore, it felt so new and fast that Esato felt so old.

I don't know, I feel like this phone is by far the best I've ever had and find it hard to think of anything replacing it. Not even the Note 5 impressed me with its very slight bump in specification. To think in 2016 I'll be duey upgrade, but to what ? I'm hoping a Note 6 with removable back with replaceable battery and memory card support.

Check me out on Instagram ! search for etaab !
aussieland1
LG Nexus 5
Joined: Apr 11, 2013
Posts: > 500
PM
Posted: 2016-02-06 12:01
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Note 4 is a great phone . I thoroughly enjoyed mine and Note 5 was such a dissapointment due to lack of memory card and because it was not available in UK. Looks like Samsung won't make the same mistake with Note 6 though

http://www.techradar.com/news[....]go-big-with-the-note-6-1314428

Wish note 4 would get marshmallow sooner though , at this rate with not 5 and s6 edge plus not having marshmallow yet it might not get it until a new version of Android is announced
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
Joined: Dec 27, 2006
Posts: > 500
From: Johannesburg, South Africa
PM
Posted: 2016-02-08 18:09
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2016-02-04 23:26:58, etaab wrote:
Well since I got my Note 4 in October 2014 I've been so impressed with it I've barely been on Esato.

Probably because it felt so up to date and beyond the competition that there was no point even discussing other phones anymore, it felt so new and fast that Esato felt so old.

I don't know, I feel like this phone is by far the best I've ever had and find it hard to think of anything replacing it. Not even the Note 5 impressed me with its very slight bump in specification. To think in 2016 I'll be duey upgrade, but to what ? I'm hoping a Note 6 with removable back with replaceable battery and memory card support.




I am in the same boat, I upgrade later this year and for the first time, nothing new really got my attention, I did like the Z5P and LG V10, but neither a true Note 4 replacement, neither is the Note 5 due to no MicroSD, and locally they only brought the 32GB.

I truly hope the Note6 has:

- MicroSD
- 64GB Internal mem
- +3500mAh battery
- and finally a 6inch display although 5.7inch won't be a deal breaker, but I think 5.85-6.0inch is where the Note6 should go now. 5.85inch maybe the sweet spot, they just need to thin the bezels a bit.


I am hoping for something truly grand with the Note 6, as they did with the Note 4, differentiate it from the Galaxy S range, I feel like the Note5 was diluted a bit, it literally was a Galaxy S6 with a SPen and larger display, they didn't give it its own identity and seemed to have tried to spend a lot less effort on it e.g. The very limited launch, less promotion, 2015 was all about The Edge for Samsung, the S6 Edge and S6 Edge+ seems to be where the money went.

As pretty as the Edges are, they are cumbersome to use for certain things and there tends to be a glare where the screen bends. Samsung should stick the 2.5D glass they did for the Note 4 and Single Side Edge like they did for the Note Edge, IMO.

Lastly, I hope the Note 6 has a plastic textured back like the Note 3 and Note 4 had, none of this glass nonsense, though I doubt I'll get that wish, and will have to get a case for it.
[ This Message was edited by: Tsepz_GP on 2016-02-08 17:27 ]
Phone: iPhone 11 Pro Max Midnight Green 256GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droids: Huawei P30 Pro & Samsung Galaxy Note8
emerson_shei
Sony Xperia Z3
Joined: Mar 03, 2013
Posts: > 500
PM
Posted: 2016-02-09 22:15
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2016-02-08 18:09:13, Tsepz_GP wrote:

On 2016-02-04 23:26:58, etaab wrote:
Well since I got my Note 4 in October 2014 I've been so impressed with it I've barely been on Esato.

Probably because it felt so up to date and beyond the competition that there was no point even discussing other phones anymore, it felt so new and fast that Esato felt so old.

I don't know, I feel like this phone is by far the best I've ever had and find it hard to think of anything replacing it. Not even the Note 5 impressed me with its very slight bump in specification. To think in 2016 I'll be duey upgrade, but to what ? I'm hoping a Note 6 with removable back with replaceable battery and memory card support.




I am in the same boat, I upgrade later this year and for the first time, nothing new really got my attention, I did like the Z5P and LG V10, but neither a true Note 4 replacement, neither is the Note 5 due to no MicroSD, and locally they only brought the 32GB.

I truly hope the Note6 has:

- MicroSD
- 64GB Internal mem
- +3500mAh battery
- and finally a 6inch display although 5.7inch won't be a deal breaker, but I think 5.85-6.0inch is where the Note6 should go now. 5.85inch maybe the sweet spot, they just need to thin the bezels a bit.


I am hoping for something truly grand with the Note 6, as they did with the Note 4, differentiate it from the Galaxy S range, I feel like the Note5 was diluted a bit, it literally was a Galaxy S6 with a SPen and larger display, they didn't give it its own identity and seemed to have tried to spend a lot less effort on it e.g. The very limited launch, less promotion, 2015 was all about The Edge for Samsung, the S6 Edge and S6 Edge+ seems to be where the money went.

As pretty as the Edges are, they are cumbersome to use for certain things and there tends to be a glare where the screen bends. Samsung should stick the 2.5D glass they did for the Note 4 and Single Side Edge like they did for the Note Edge, IMO.

Lastly, I hope the Note 6 has a plastic textured back like the Note 3 and Note 4 had, none of this glass nonsense, though I doubt I'll get that wish, and will have to get a case for it.
[ This Message was edited by: Tsepz_GP on 2016-02-08 17:27 ]



daviep
Samsung Galaxy S 4
Joined: Apr 04, 2005
Posts: > 500
From: bonnie scotland
PM
Posted: 2016-03-24 22:02
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
just updated the internet app on my note 4 and now it has the squircle shape icon.looks totally out of place now.
[ This Message was edited by: daviep on 2016-03-24 21:06 ]
galaxy note8
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
Joined: Dec 27, 2006
Posts: > 500
From: Johannesburg, South Africa
PM
Posted: 2016-03-25 10:43
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Just updated it to, the new Samsung Browser is incredibly fast, loving it.

Got my Note 4 a new OEM battery last week, running very nicely, getting superb battery life once again.
Phone: iPhone 11 Pro Max Midnight Green 256GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droids: Huawei P30 Pro & Samsung Galaxy Note8
daviep
Samsung Galaxy S 4
Joined: Apr 04, 2005
Posts: > 500
From: bonnie scotland
PM
Posted: 2016-03-28 14:03
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
i think my battery is due a replacement.it gets to around 20% and then totaly discharges and switches off.if i charge it when powered off it constantly shows 83% charge and only full when switched on.
galaxy note8
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
Joined: Dec 27, 2006
Posts: > 500
From: Johannesburg, South Africa
PM
Posted: 2016-03-28 14:57
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
That is exactly what was happening with mine. It would get to 20% then jump down to 5% within 10mins and then a minute later turn off.

With the new battery, I get right down to 1% and it can take up to 30mins on 1% before it turns off.
Phone: iPhone 11 Pro Max Midnight Green 256GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droids: Huawei P30 Pro & Samsung Galaxy Note8
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 434445  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic