Forum > Manufacturer Discussion > Samsung > Samsung Galaxy Note 4

Previous  123 ... 131415 ... 434445  Next
Author Samsung Galaxy Note 4
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2014-10-07 00:58
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Plastic is plastic. I've never had any build issues or cracks,creaks with any Samsung phone at all. Many say plastic is inferior but I can tell you it's not always the case. I once had a cheap Huawei phone that cost £60 which I decided to smash(don't ask) 😂 and the plastic was bloody hard to pull apart and damage. Aluminum can bend or stainless steel and also chips and scuffs way too easily. In recent times I've changed my view on aluminum devices. I had the HTC One M8 for a while and the case that came with it inside the box managed to scuff the edges when removed with little effort. We need to stop arguing about these things it gets nowhere
Phone?? What phone??
skblakee
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2014-10-07 04:19
My past four phones have been a Samsung, Samsung, an iPhone and a Samsung Note 3 and the looked worse after a fall which caused the aluminum or steel to get some mean dents. I prefer to see the metal but the plastics aren't that bad,
Galaxy Note III with 64gb micro SD
Visit St.Kitts in the Caribbean. Beautiful little place.
iPad Air 16GB
emerson_shei
Sony Xperia Z3
PM
Posted: 2014-10-07 05:20
New Video From Samsung Stars The Enhanced S Pen And The Samsung Galaxy Note 4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ywUStNPlH4
AbuBasim
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2014-10-07 07:55
My point about plastic being cheap was literal, about it being odd that Samsung added a metal edge while keeping the plastic back cover. But I never said plastic is bad. My wife had a Samsung Galaxy Core Duo and she just threw it in her handbag with all keys, coins and whatnot. She kept it for about a year. And it didn't have one scratch. Me on the other hand have the Asus new PadFone Infinity which has a full aluminium body. And I'm treating the phone like a new born baby to avoid getting scratches on it.

But then comes Samsung's number 1 fan and feels insulted with plastic being described as cheap and he/she tries to show plastic being a premium material since his/her XBOX is made of plastic! XD
[ This Message was edited by: AbuBasim on 2014-10-07 06:59 ]
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2014-10-07 11:44
My network finally has the pricing up , should be mine late next week
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
badassmam
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2014-10-07 13:35
Plastic is durable but when you pay a lot you want a premium feel. Have a look at this, plastic or metal it looks very nice and I hope Samsung goes down this design route because it looks premium. I like the Alpha design but that dotted front and back plate is horrible, I wish it were some sort of brushed metal. Again, the Note 4 with leather back is alright but the front looks cheap but at least there is a positive evolution in terms of design.

http://pocketnow.com/2014/10/06/samsung-galaxy-a5-press-renders

Luca-S
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2014-10-07 14:24
Dafuq you guys still with this silliness about plastic??
Are you nervous?
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2014-10-07 14:38
@ Bonovox - good to see you back ! dont let the trolls keep you away, you're better off not wandering into the darker areas of the forum where there is no freedom of speech, opinion, law or democracy because you will be chased out with pitch forks.

@ AbuBasim - im shocked you have a wife, I actually thought you were a child. I suppose we all grow up at different points in our life huh. You're still waiting.

@ Tsepz_GP - go for the black, I did. Strange how in SA its listed as the Note 4 LTE.

Anyway, in regards to cheap plastic, nah sorry I cannot even comprehend the word cheap and plastic put together when describing the majority of mobile phones out there. If it were a choice between designs alone, forget about the actual phones, I would choose a full body plastic design of the Nokia Lumia range over a glass metal design of the iPhone and Sony Z series every single time. I want my phone to feel high quality, but not fragile, not vulnerable, not like it would break the instant I dropped it like those glass and metal designs.

Theres literally no point in discussing cheap plastic, because its not. If you break down the total sum of parts of a flagship device, the actual body, chassis, glass etc of the phone is cheap in itself. The most expensive part is usually the LCD / Amoled, memory and chipsets. In fact, to manufacture a plastic phone such as a S5 is only about $10 - $30 less than manufacturing it with metal or glass. To me, I dont live in a third world country, $30 is cheap to me when you factor the phone is around $800.

So the argument, is a complete none-starter and screams desperation from the people trying to discredit the brand.
Check me out on Instagram ! search for etaab !
aussieland1
LG Nexus 5
PM
Posted: 2014-10-07 15:37
I also think that saying that the from of Note 4 looks cheap is nothing more an opinion - it doesn't look cheaper than the iphone 6 plus front

Anyway I also think blacks look the best followed by white. Don't like the look of gold or pink. 1 more week until it becones available. Hopefully it will do well for Samsung sounds like they need a good quarter

Samsung profit drops by 60%

AbuBasim
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2014-10-07 16:43

On 2014-10-07 14:38:47, etaab wrote:
@ AbuBasim - im shocked you have a wife, I actually thought you were a child. I suppose we all grow up at different points in our life huh. You're still waiting.

And I'm guessing you to be quite young as the fanboyism you're displaying isn't usually expected from mature adults. Spewing insults if someone insults your favourite brand is one of the main symptoms of fanboyism.
But it seems your loyalty shifts. I recall seeing you defending Nokia with equal fervour before.
[ This Message was edited by: AbuBasim on 2014-10-07 15:48 ]
difenbaker
Nokia N95 8GB
PM
Posted: 2014-10-07 17:12
I like plastic... if you bend it, it will not stay that way.

Speaking of "premium feel" and not being "cheap"..... if it was made with Magnesium, or Titanium, or Carbon Fiber, or pure Silver or Gold.... then yes I'd say THAT would give off a premium feel. But if a person talks about premium feel and he points to a phone made of aluminum, then I think that that person does not know what he's talking about.

I kinda miss phones made like this:
http://www.mobistore.az/upload/phones/5438/1.jpg

cheers!
[ This Message was edited by: difenbaker on 2014-10-07 16:15 ]
..function cant coffee without in the morning.
difenbaker
Nokia N95 8GB
PM
Posted: 2014-10-07 17:48
Root already available for Samsung Galaxy Note 4
http://betanews.com/2014/10/0[....]etanews+Full+Content+Feed+-+BN

Samsung Demos Galaxy Note 4’s Enhanced S Pen Main Features
http://news.softpedia.com/new[....]in-Features-Video-461222.shtml

video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ywUStNPlH4#t=31

cheers!
..function cant coffee without in the morning.
skblakee
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2014-10-08 00:39
If root is available then a firmware dump should be coming soon. I want a Note 3 ROM based on the Note 4 firmware.
Galaxy Note III with 64gb micro SD
Visit St.Kitts in the Caribbean. Beautiful little place.
iPad Air 16GB
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2014-10-08 01:40
@etaab thanks mate 😊 I needed a break for a week or two. Looking forward to seeing the Note 4 in stores to have a play 😁 I've seen the Alpha and it has a nice solid feel like the old Samsung Wave handsets that were made of metal years ago. Did anyone not see the video of the man who bent his iPhone 6+?? He tried to also bend a Note 3 and couldn't so that's the end of that argument. Samsung might make thin back battery covers but they don't crack or break and when clipped on they are secure and solid.

[ This Message was edited by: Bonovox on 2014-10-08 00:44 ]
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2014-10-08 05:55
Etaab

Vodacom are pushing their LTE network, so any phone with it they call it LTE at the end, as other networks don't have as wide LTE coverage as Voda do.

All

Vodacom is getting the Note 4 N910F which is the LTE-A variant with Snapdragon 805:
https://myvodacom.secure.voda[....]artphone-(n910f)/smart-m/54301
http://pdadb.net/index.php?m=[....]xy_note_4_lte-a_samsung_muscat

So I guess I'm getting Snapdragon after so many years with Exynos, lol, going to miss having a Wolfson DAC and a beastly GPU, but I will gain whatever Snapdragon does better.
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 131415 ... 434445  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic