Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Bad luck for Sony
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2014-03-11 11:52

On 2014-03-11 10:09:42, milukugiuniu wrote:
Very very bad news. Only a small quantity of Z2 would be supplied to the global market till may.

Sorry I dont know the reason and details.

Can Sony ever catch a break? With the S5 set for April 11th release in 150 countries, it seems Samsung has scored quite an advantage despite having the least interesting flagship out of MWC, Sony and HTC can't afford to have Samsung launch a flagship before them, I hope the HTC One 2014 releases sooner than the S5 then.

I wonder, are Sony having production problems with a certain component of the Z2?
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max White Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
motvikt
T68i
PM
Posted: 2014-03-11 12:18
Do you guys have another source for that or is it reliable?
Xajel
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2014-03-11 12:26
I just hope the story of Xperia ARC won't repeat
milukugiuniu
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2014-03-11 12:31

On 2014-03-11 11:03:08, randomuser wrote:
Bad luck for Sony

A supplier caused this issue for Sony. Most likely Qualcomm did it. Just my guess.
CrownedAkuma
Sony Xperia Z2
PM
Posted: 2014-03-11 12:45

On 2014-03-11 12:26:49, Xajel wrote:
I just hope the story of Xperia ARC won't repeat

What happened with the Arc?
Xajel
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2014-03-11 13:03
@CrownedAkuma,

It got vary delays around the globe, in my region the phone got launched after 6+ months from US/Europe launch while normally it will launch in the same month or maximum next month... not just my region, Australia got it I think after 9 months of launch...

It was delayed as it's update ( ARC S ) launched after only one month of it !! as ARC S didn't have any delays....

but it was a problem with the suppliers duo to floods and natural disasters in Japan which delayed several major parts of the phone...
[ This Message was edited by: Xajel on 2014-03-11 12:04 ]
CrownedAkuma
Sony Xperia Z2
PM
Posted: 2014-03-11 13:21

On 2014-03-11 13:03:23, Xajel wrote:
@CrownedAkuma,

It got vary delays around the globe, in my region the phone got launched after 6+ months from US/Europe launch while normally it will launch in the same month or maximum next month... not just my region, Australia got it I think after 9 months of launch...

It was delayed as it's update ( ARC S ) launched after only one month of it !! as ARC S didn't have any delays....

but it was a problem with the suppliers duo to floods and natural disasters in Japan which delayed several major parts of the phone...
[ This Message was edited by: Xajel on 2014-03-11 12:04 ]

Oh I see... thanks
By the way I found this article http://www.lucaviscardi.eu/fu[....]rnitore-ritardi-per-galaxy-s5/ it's in italian, so maybe you'll need to use google translate
it says that one of the major factory producing part of the S5 had an accident, there was a fire and it was highly damaged (1 billion dollars of damage) and the production stopped... will it also have downsides on the distribuiton of S5? is this linked with this problem with the Z2?
Xajel
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2014-03-11 13:30
@ CrownedAkuma, Yeah I saw the news this morning but didn't dig that much on it ( not interested at all )

BTW, guys who're starving for Z2 like me... it seems Sony does have wireless charging for Z2

Not a built in solution, but a cover and charging plate... I think they're using the magnetic charging port for this one...

http://www.clove.co.uk/sony-x[....]-wireless-charging-cover-black

http://www.clove.co.uk/sony-wch10-wireless-charging-plate

originally: http://www.xperiablog.net/201[....]relessly-charge-the-xperia-z2/
vivftp
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2014-03-11 13:41
Here is what zomg just stated:

Unconfirmed reports that the Z2 has been delayed outside of Europe because of significantly higher than expected retail and consumer orders in Europe. Waiting for confirmation, but I have it from two retail people in the UK that they have been given priority status by Sony to capitalise on the massive buzz surrounding the Z2.

It also lines up with SMC's internal goal that they want to outsell the S5 in Europe and displace Samsung as the number one Android flagship in Europe.

RoW launch will commence in the third week of May which is a six week delay.
CrownedAkuma
Sony Xperia Z2
PM
Posted: 2014-03-11 14:01

On 2014-03-11 13:41:38, vivftp wrote:

Unconfirmed reports that the Z2 has been delayed outside of Europe because of significantly higher than expected retail and consumer orders in Europe. Waiting for confirmation, but I have it from two retail people in the UK that they have been given priority status by Sony to capitalise on the massive buzz surrounding the Z2.

It also lines up with SMC's internal goal that they want to outsell the S5 in Europe and displace Samsung as the number one Android flagship in Europe.

Well.. it's still bad to hear, but I live in europe soooo... it's good for me

@Xajel
I saw that news... good to hear Sony it's starting to look into Qi Charging... but I think I'll pass, if the phone was Qi Ready it would have been another story... but this way you need to buy the cover AND the charger... too many money I'll stick with a magnetic cable...
BTW do you guys know if different Qi stations are usable with different Brands and Devices... i mean is there a standard so that every device with Qi is rechargable with every Qi station? or every brand will have his own Qi station? because if the Qi works with everything I could at least think about about buying the charging station
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2014-03-11 14:07
I also read the they will be concentrating on their home markets in order to get a greater foothold there.

In the UK in particular, they've increased their marketing spend by a 'significant amount' compared to last year.

What would be the point of this increased marketing spend if they have no stock? So it sort of makes sense to me, if the rumour is true.

Vodafone UK are estimating a 10th April delivery on their website.
[ This Message was edited by: goldenface on 2014-03-11 13:09 ]
miromiromi
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2014-03-11 14:37

more than just three colors?

source:
http://www.eprice.com.tw/mobile/talk/4551/4898185/1/
[ This Message was edited by: miromiromi on 2014-03-11 14:20 ]
XperiaJunkie
Sony Xperia Z
PM, WWW
Posted: 2014-03-11 14:56
Could Sony not be playing the same game as Apple where in lots of buzz around a new product and then word speads that the poduct is in short supply this in turn then creates demand for a product as it is selling so well and for a few weeks or so the stock is impossible to get a hold of again creatinga buzz as to why it has sold out. Apple play this trick every year and it works wonders for them and with the Z2 already looking like it will be Sony's biggest selling phone why not create some extra hype by going down that route.
I'm so happy 'cause today
I've found my friends ...
They're in my head
itsjustJOH
Sony Xperia L
PM
Posted: 2014-03-11 15:06

On 2014-03-11 13:41:38, vivftp wrote:

That's quite the risk they are taking. Hopefully, it pays off.

On 2014-03-11 14:37:51, miromiromi wrote:

more than just three colors?
[ This Message was edited by: miromiromi on 2014-03-11 13:40 ]

From Japan?
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 222324 ... 130131132  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic