123 ... 212223  Next
Author Sony Xperia Z1 Compact - Official
>500
Vivaz Black
PM
Posted: 2014-01-07 01:48
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

-Get all the best of Sony’s Xperia Z1 in a pocket-friendly compact smartphone

-Stylish and durable waterproof design in a range of four vibrant colours - white, black, pink and lime

-The world’s best camera in a compact smartphone3 with Sony’s proven camera technologies: Award-winning “G Lens”, 20.7 MP “Exmor RS for mobile” CMOS image sensor and “BIONZ for mobile” image processing engine

-Incredible viewing experiences on the 4.3” TRILUMINOS™ HD Display for mobile with X-Reality™ for mobile

-Xperia™ Transfer Mobile for quick and easy phone-to-phone transfer of contacts, content and apps from existing iOS and Android smartphones

Sony introduces Xperia™ Z1 Compact – the world’s best premium compact smartphone

6th January 2014, CES, Las Vegas – Sony Mobile Communications (“Sony Mobile”) today redefines the premium smartphone market with the introduction of Xperia Z1 Compact, offering the very best of Sony technologies from its flagship Xperia Z1, in a stylish new compact size.

Xperia™ Z1 Compact - the best of Sony…
“With the addition of Xperia Z1 Compact our global range of premium products is now broader than ever and offers our customers a wider choice.” said Kunimasa Suzuki, President and CEO, Sony Mobile Communications. “Xperia Z1 is a no-compromise feature-packed smartphone with a beautiful yet durable design. With Xperia Z1 Compact, we bring all of these premium features and performance, into a smaller size to give you the ultimate compact smartphone.”

The world’s best camera in a compact smartphone
Xperia Z1 Compact sets a new standard in premium smartphones. It features Sony’s proven camera technologies to deliver the same level of performance and quality that you would find in a conventional compact digital camera – all in a beautifully crafted compact smartphone. The 20.7 megapixel camera phone is matched with 1/2.3-type CMOS image sensor Exmor RS for mobile, Sony’s award-winning G Lens and intelligent BIONZ™ for mobile image processing engine resulting in superb photo quality.

Thanks to this unique combination of technologies, you can capture beautifully sharp and bright images even in low light conditions when a flash won’t do. High shutter speeds and 3x clear image zoom prevent shots from being blurred while allowing you to capture from a distance, so that you never miss the moment. Superior Auto helps you shoot perfectly, with intelligent scene recognition technology to capture incredible images in an instant with no complicated settings. And because it’s both waterproof and dust-resistant, this durable and versatile smartphone fits neatly into your life, so you can use it anytime, anywhere.

Unique social camera apps to enhance your camera experience
The Xperia Z1 Compact comes pre-loaded with a suite of innovative Xperia Camera Apps to take your photography experience to a new level:

Timeshift burst: Captures an impressive 61 frames in just two seconds so you get the perfect shot first time, every time.

Info-eye™: An innovative visual search using your camera to provide information on landmarks, books and wine amongst others.

Social live: Broadcast your videos live via Facebook and get your friends’ comments right on your screen for the ultimate interactive sharing experience.

AR effect: Have some creative fun with your pictures with SmartARTM augmented reality animations

In addition to these great pre-installed social camera apps, there’s a whole range of extra apps for you to enjoy including Wikitude Places, Evernote, VI Sports and more. Simply go into your camera viewfinder, turn on Superior Auto and then click on ‘+Apps’ to see all the latest apps to enhance your smartphone experience.

Beautiful and durable design
Xperia Z1 Compact includes all of the features of the acclaimed Xperia Z1, but offered in perfectly palm-sized proportions. Featuring Sony’s stunning OmniBalance design, this dust-resistant and waterproof (IP55 & IP58) beauty is both sleek and durable from every angle. And with the dedicated camera button, you can even take photos or videos underwater. The Xperia Z1 Compact takes the style stakes a step further offering a choice of vibrant colour finishes including white, black, lime and pink to suit your individual taste. A clever design refinement is the new Glove Mode4 that lets you use your Xperia Z1 Compact even while wearing gloves, making it even easier to use your phone, no matter what the weather.

World’s best battery performance in a premium compact smartphone
Xperia Z1 Compact offers ultra-fast performance and breathtaking graphics, thanks to the latest Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 800 processor with 2.2 GHz quad-core CPU and 4G LTE for amazing speed. The Xperia Z1 Compact also includes a 2300 mAh battery which provides outstanding, class-leading battery performance, despite its compact size.

Sony’s Battery STAMINA Mode helps you stay connected for longer, as it automatically turns off functions to save power when you don’t need them and restarts them when you do. So now you can leave the charger at home and never have to worry running out of power when you need it most – the Z1 Compact takes everyday demands in its stride.

Enjoy the best colour and sharpness
Built with Sony’s latest BRAVIA® TV technologies optimized for mobile, the Xperia Z1 Compact incorporates a 4.3” TRILUMINOS™ HD Display for mobile, for a wider palette of rich, natural colours. Sony’s exclusive X-Reality™ for mobile is an intelligent super resolution technology that finds and reproduces any lacking pixels, so you’ll always be able to enjoy the clearest and sharpest videos.

Sony’s media applications
Xperia Z1 Compact offers seamless access to both online and offline entertainment with these integrated Sony’s media apps:

PlayMemories Online a cloud-based image and video service that is integrated into the Album application. A new ‘All Sync’ feature enables users to instantly auto-upload all of their photos without storage limitation7.

“WALKMAN” and Movies applications provide access to more than 22 million songs on the “WALKMAN” app through Music Unlimited8 and more than 150K movies and TV series on the Movies app through Video Unlimited8 from Sony Entertainment Network.

TrackID TV9 enhances your TV-viewing experience as it lets you search, share and explore information from broadcasted TV shows such as cast & crew, biographies, filmography or show related Tweets.

Xperia™ Transfer Mobile makes it easier than ever to switch from your existing Android or iOS handset to Xperia. It’s the simple and easy way to seamlessly transfer your contacts, photos, bookmarks, apps, messages and much more from your old smartphone, swiftly and securely. And better still, no PC is required – simply transfer directly from phone-to-phone using NFC or the supplied cable10.

Unrivalled ecosystem of companion products and smart accessories
Sony offers the most comprehensive range of innovative companion products and accessories to give you new ways to use and enjoy your smartphone. With 132 NFC enabled one-touch connected products – including TVs, headphones, audio speakers, tablets, and more – it has never been easier to connect and enjoy your content across multiple devices.

Key smartphone accessories to enhance your Xperia Z1 Compact experience include:

QX100: High-performance ‘lens-style’ cameras designed for mounting on smartphones and operated through the smartphone screen.

SmartWatch 2: Use as a second screen for Xperia Z1 Compact. Read messages, handle calls, easily access notifications all from your wrist. Trigger the Xperia Z1 Compact camera shutter.

DK32: Magnet charging cradle that offers a perfect viewing angle as you talk, watch and listen whilst charging your smartphone.

SBH-80: Stereo Bluetooth Headset in a unique neckband-style design crafted from premium materials and supporting NFC, HD Voice and aptX.

The Xperia Z1 Compact will launch globally from February 2014.

Specifications:

Camera and video
20.7 megapixel camera with pulsed LED flash and auto focus
Burst mode
HDR for both picture/film
8x digital zoom
Front-facing camera (2 MP 1080p)
Geotagging
HD video recording (1080p)
Image stabiliser
Object tracking
Red-eye reduction
Scene recognition
Send to web
Smile shutter™
Sony Exmor RS for mobile image sensor
Superior Auto
Sweep Panorama
Touch focus
Touch capture
White balance
Image capture, supported format: JPEG
Image playback, supported formats: BMP, GIF, JPEG, PNG, WebP
Video recording, supported formats: 3GPP, MP4
Video playback, supported formats: 3GPP, MP4, M4V, MKV, AVI, XVID, WEBM
Face detection

Design and display
4.3”, 16,777,216 colours, 1280 x 720 pixels
TRILUMINOS™ Display for mobile
X-Reality™ for mobile picture engine
Sony Mobile BRAVIA® Engine 2
Face Unlock
Gesture input
STAMINA mode
Touch gesture - multi-touch, up to 10 fingers supported
Screenshot capturing
Throw
Pan & zoom

Dimensions 127 x 64.9 x 9.5 mm
Weight 137 grams

Memory
RAM: 2GB
Flash memory: Up to 16 GB****
Expansion slot: microSD™ card, up to 64 GB (SDXC supported)

Pre-loaded applications
Google Chrome*
Google Play*
Google Voice Search*
Google search*
Google Maps for Mobile with Street view*
Google Hangouts*
Sony Select
Web browser (WebKit)

Connectivity and communication
3.5 mm audio jack (CTIA)
aGPS
ANT+ wireless technology
Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology
DLNA Certified
MHL support
Native USB tethering
NFC
Screen mirroring
Smart Connect
Synchronisation via Exchange ActiveSync®, Facebook™, Google™ and SyncML™*
USB charging
USB High speed 2.0 and Micro USB support
Xperia Link
Wi-Fi and WiFi Hotspot functionality
Noise suppression
Voice enhancement
Xperia Socialife*
Miracast™

Entertainment
3D and motion gaming
PlayStation Certified
FM Radio with RDS
SensMe and SensMe slideshow
Sony Entertainment Network (selected markets only)
TV launcher
YouTube*
“WALKMAN” application
Facebook application*
Twitter*
3D surround sound
Bluetooth stereo (aptX®, A2DP)
Clear Audio+, Clear bass, Clear Phase™ and Clear stereo
TrackID music recognition*
xLoud Experience – audio filter technology from Sony
Audio recording, supported formats: 3GPP, MP4, AMR
Audio playback, supported formats: MP3, 3GPP, MP4, ADTS, AMR, SMF, XMF, OTA, RTTTL, RTX, iMelody, WAV, OGG, FLAC

Networks
UMTS HSPA+ 850 (Band V), 900 (Band VIII), 1700 (Band IV), 1900 (Band II), 2100 (Band I) MHz
GSM GPRS/EDGE 850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz
LTE (Bands 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 20)
[ This Message was edited by: >500 on 2014-01-07 04:36 ]
jonfensu
Xperia Neo Black
PM
Posted: 2014-01-07 01:59
Indeed... My next Phone!
Away
LG Nexus 4
PM
Posted: 2014-01-07 02:00
It has a s1800 processor?

Sorry, wrong thread, where's the link to the ces 2015 thread where the z3s is being announced?
Luca-S
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2014-01-07 02:50
"Camera: 20.7 MP, Carl Zeiss optics, optical image stabilization, autofocus, LED flash, 2MP front-facing "

Are you nervous?
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2014-01-07 03:23
where do you see that Luca?
moogoo
Nokia 5160 -> Nokia 8260 -> SE T68i -> SE K700i -> SE Z710 -> SE Xperia X10a -> Sony Xperia S -> Sony Xperia Z1 -> Sony Xperia XZ -> Sony Xperia XZ Premium -> Sony Xperia 1ii
HPkuK610i
Sony Xperia ZR
PM
Posted: 2014-01-07 03:31
this is the replacement for my ZR
Black C5502

I Colors On My Signature
>500
Vivaz Black
PM
Posted: 2014-01-07 03:35
I may swap my Nexus 5 for one. See what happens!
FMW300
Sony Xperia T
PM
Posted: 2014-01-07 03:42
Mobile-Review First Look.

GSM Arena Hands-On.

T230 > W300 > W890 > W705 > Live > Xperia T > Xperia Z2a > Xperia X > Xperia XZ2
Gitaroo
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2014-01-07 04:23
still Sony G lens with the giant G, no Carl Zeiss.
Supa_Fly
X1 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2014-01-07 05:03

On 2014-01-03 14:35:25, Supa_Fly wrote:
When will the Z1 Mini ever be produced? Is it too late for it to even debut?
Will it reportedly have the same 1080P HD Display, 20MP camera, lens and sensor and also will it have the 4.2" screen size?

Yes! My prayers have almost all but been answered!
It’s the simple and easy way to seamlessly transfer your contacts, photos, bookmarks, apps, messages and much more from your old smartphone, swiftly and securely. And better still, no PC is required – simply transfer directly from phone-to-phone using NFC or the supplied cable10.

THIS alone makes a serious play at grabbing iPhone users that have been fancying over Android with quality UI and a serious REAL camera without the madness of later than life 5" screens with width to go with it. The nexus 4 did a fantastic job at it's minimal design at nearly 4.7" LCD. A 4.3" maybe the sweet spot for so many users and it has Band IV so North American AWS carriers like mobilicity and wind mobile can offer and support this device as well.

Not sure when this debuts for retail in Canada but it's between this and iPhone 5S for my next device as budget is right for the next short while. unless apple goes larger LCD 4.5-4.7"

EDIT: boo, nooooo, the damn mud car flaps! This kills a sweet design of the phone if Song is going to make future phones with internal non replaceable batteries with IP58/56 ratings please make a battery door to seem least and more ruggedly conceal the MicroSIM/SD card slots. At least wireless charging is built in so there is some progress.

I still vote for internal storage with high capacities. less power drain on the battery and still faster than class10 microSD
[ This Message was edited by: Supa_Fly on 2014-01-07 04:41 ]
|AppleTV2|iPhone 12Mini 256GB|iPad Pro 256GB| Previously ... K750|Z500|Z520|K700|K790i|K850i, :Ericsson: T18z|T28World|T36m x3|T68m (Ericsson, not the rebranded T68i).
Luca-S
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2014-01-07 05:32

On 2014-01-07 03:23:08, moogoo wrote:
where do you see that Luca?

The GSM Arena's trainee committed a mistake.
Are you nervous?
McKinley
K750
PM
Posted: 2014-01-07 05:32
Going sub 5" is something I wouldn't hesitate at all but with just 16GB onboard memory and as far as I know, still no ability to move apps to SD. Hence, this beauty is not for me yet. I still believe Sony can bring official support like Samdung did and I hope they will.
GH688, T28, T39 and T68
Nokia 6110, 8110, 8850, 6230, N82
Moto V525 and RAZR V3
Samsung T100, S300 and E700
T68, T610, Z600, T630, K700, S700, V800, K750, S600, M600, S500, P1i, K850, X1 X10, Vivaz
itsjustJOH
Sony Xperia L
PM
Posted: 2014-01-07 06:28
It comes with 4.3, not 4.2.2 as mentioned in GSM Arena's page. Another intern got it wrong.
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2014-01-07 07:31
Both this and the Z1S bring 4.3, thought Sony would finally get it right and release them with 4.4, but it's like deja vu with that and other things . Best of luck to them. Been a boring CES so far, I guess most OEMs are saving their blockbusters for Barcelona next month or their own events before or after that. I hope Sony have something better than Z1S coming for the next 6months.
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
alexander87
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2014-01-07 09:10
I'm so happy it launched with 4.3!

This little gem is something to consider for ppl in the market for a small screen flagship.
There are no more barriers to cross. All I have in common with the uncontrollable and the insane, the vicious and the evil, all the mayhem I have caused and my utter indifference toward it I have now surpassed.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
123 ... 212223  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic